Circuit experiences

Janire1911

5 hours ago, CaptHowdy_84 said:

with the latest update on car handiling, most difficult circuit experiences and licenses are now pretty easy to gold. FR cars now have plenty of grip and you can safely push on most corners without losing the car

Is there such a big difference with the handling model? Havent played yet, Yet I remember some cars which were superbad in open high speed corners.

The R8 LMS comes to mind, which was horrible. Are those fixed/better?

25 minutes ago, vkaratzi said:

Is there such a big difference with the handling model? Havent played yet, Yet I remember some cars which were superbad in open high speed corners.

The R8 LMS comes to mind, which was horrible. Are those fixed/better?

yes, a huge difference. Rear-wheel drive handling is definetely easier now. can't say if it wasn't realistic before the patch or now, but for sure the biggest challenges of the game are way less harder (you still need some skills to complete some of them)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/04/2022 at 6:50 AM, alexwise said:

Why nobody talking about mount panorama? It took me 3 hours to get gold on that one because of section 2, 3 and slightly touching the damn walls all the time which resulted countless failures

I still can't get gold on this one, came back to it after the patch hoping for it to be easier but can't improve.

What car settings did everyone use? I'm trying with TC 1 and Brake at -2

On 10/05/2022 at 4:02 PM, Trev-awe said:

I still can't get gold on this one, came back to it after the patch hoping for it to be easier but can't improve.

What car settings did everyone use? I'm trying with TC 1 and Brake at -2

I used default brake balance and and TCS 0 (the only assist on was ABS). 

Have you managed to complete it by now?

I did Mount Panorama a couple of days ago with the same settings as @alexwise. For sector two, I found that I was losing a lot of time on the first left hander. You need to find a line with a late apex so that you don't spend 5 minutes coasting against the black wall waiting to get on the throttle. After that, it is a matter of placing your car right - you won't need the brakes again, just brief lifts if you have the right line.

For sector 3, it is all about the dipper (left hander where the road drops off steeply). Get a line that allows you to power out of the corner instead of having to lift/brake again to avoid the outside wall.

Just finished Sardegna Road Track and I now have gotten all gold on a total of 24 tracks. For Sardegna I found the best settings to be TCS 1, ASM and Countersteer Assist off. The first sector was the hardest but the other sectors and the full lap were quite easy.

I think I'm getting to the point were I've done all the tracks I can, I've tried a few more but haven't been able to get all gold.

Edited by Janire1911

7 minutes ago, alexwise said:

In addition, have the demo ghost offset by 0.2 seconds so it would be in front of you as an example to follow and see the optimal line and breaking points. 

Anything less than about half a second annoys and distracts me. Once I've done a few attempts and am still more than 0.5 off gold, I generally offset my own ghost by the amount I need to gain. Once I get within 0.2-0.4, I go back to no offset and just know I need to beat my ghost. 

Managed to get Tokyo Expressway - East Clockwise done today. Sector 2 was HARD, I'm not lying when I say it easily took 100+ attempts before I finally managed to barely get gold. You have to maintain an absolutely perfect line throughout the sector or you're either gonna hit the wall or have to slow down too much. The full lap was challenging too, mostly because it's so easy to accidentally hit the wall but after several attempts everything finally clicked and I managed a time .6 seconds under gold,

I've got some ridiculous time with Laguna Seca, have absolutely no idea, how to cut another 0.8 second.
Also Lago Maggiore (Endurance race, which now is an absurd to do), that one is nasty. Apart from that, some are pretty easy (Monza), some were ok, demanding many trials, but with some consistency, they're doable.

Waiting for PD to add some new tracks now that I've golded all of the circuit experiences.

I would love to see Silverstone make a return. And maybe some of the other GT original tracks like Autumn Ring and Midfield Raceway.

• Like 1

On 14.5.2022 at 3:24 PM, princefan2407 said:

I've got some ridiculous time with Laguna Seca, have absolutely no idea, how to cut another 0.8 second.
Also Lago Maggiore (Endurance race, which now is an absurd to do), that one is nasty. Apart from that, some are pretty easy (Monza), some were ok, demanding many trials, but with some consistency, they're doable.

I had no idea either the first day, was 1s behind, but also tired. The next day I watched one youtube video for driving lines, braking points etc. and after that it was easy, got gold by 0.8 seconds. Very surprised. It was hard for others too. Reddit suggested trying brake balance +2 and TCS 0, TCS 1 before corkscrew till the end. I found 0/0+0 fastest. Maybe it's a bit easier after update.

Monza was my last 15th all gold for now, and that was very weird. One sector was so hard it took me almost an hour. Others were also not easy. Then I got full lap gold on my very first try, with average lap. Or more like full of mistakes. Gold times are not very consistent. 

4 hours ago, J-Isoniemi said:

Monza was my last 15th all gold for now, and that was very weird. One sector was so hard it took me almost an hour. Others were also not easy. Then I got full lap gold on my very first try, with average lap. Or more like full of mistakes. Gold times are not very consistent. 

I've too noticed that the full lap is often much easier than some of the sectors. For the sectors you usually have to get an almost perfect run while the full lap allows some mistakes.

• 1 year later...