I can't seem to log in onto PS3 with my password, but I can do it on the website

GanjiMex

I've been having trouble since last night to log in onto the PS3 PSN. I've reset my password like 3 times and yet it still won't log in, even thought it logs in other websites. Tried 2FA, doesn't work

Any work around this issue? I just got the Tekken Tag 2 online pass and I'm eager to obtain the last 2 trophies I need for platinum...

2 hours ago, GanjiMex said:

I've been having trouble since last night to log in onto the PS3 PSN. I've reset my password like 3 times and yet it still won't log in, even thought it logs in other websites. Tried 2FA, doesn't work

Any work around this issue? I just got the Tekken Tag 2 online pass and I'm eager to obtain the last 2 trophies I need for platinum...

If you enabled 2FA, your PS3 is assigned it's own console password you need to use, it won't be your PSN password.

Edited by DaivRules

5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If you enabled 2FA, your PS3 is assigned it's own console password you need to you, it won't be your PSN password.

I've inputted the 2FA, still says Wrong Password. I don't even have a PS4, why would I even bother with enabling that?

4 minutes ago, GanjiMex said:

but i just requested it like 2 minutes ago, isn't that too much short?

Yeah, Sony totally messed up PS3 security some time ago. You have to generate a separate password for this PS3.
AkZyuaL.png

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Yeah, Sony totally messed up PS3 security some time ago. You have to generate a separate password for this PS3.
AkZyuaL.png

I've inputted like 3 passwords from there, it stills displays the same message there.

This is the first time this error happened to me, literally every other time I would use the same password and I would log in with no problems...

3 minutes ago, GanjiMex said:

I've inputted like 3 passwords from there, it stills displays the same message there.

This is the first time this error happened to me, literally every other time I would use the same password and I would log in with no problems...

Does your 2-Step Verification show Status Active on that page?

We're not Sony Support for your console. We're just some people in a forum trying to provide solutions that have worked for some of us here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

If you enabled 2FA, your PS3 is assigned it's own console password you need to you, it won't be your PSN password.

Thanks. Had to use this 2FA thing. Spent like 40 minutes talking to some Indian at the Sony Support Chat to fix this. You had more logical reasoning than the guy lol