RSmark84

Can't win any races(PP only)

13 posts in this topic

I'm stuck as off start of March on the 1st lot of races where PP is limited in the races. Its been over 1.5 months of trying but I just cant win any of the races I usually finish the races in 14th place. My PP is set to the closest it possibly can be for that race.

Every single time from the starting grid I'm left behind to play catch up. I've been playing on normal difficult until recent. Now on easy it makes no difference. Its not like I'm new to the series either or new to racing games, it like every other car is overpowered. I'm using a sports car, yet I'm being slaughtered by some poverty spec pug.

Is there any guide as to which car is suited for each race? If I'm racing at car at 549.80PP I expect it to perform just as well as the other cars in the race not trying to play catch up.

Unfortunatly PP is not very helpfull when it comes to judging how good a car is compared to others. It kinda works with Gr3, Gr4 (all the groups) cars, because they a built to be equally good within their groups, but not with the regular road cars. simply because different things you can add to a car all add PP, but have a different effect on how the car performs.

Also some races are just not fair, with rubberband mechanics built into the AI, which makes it even more difficult.

Not sure if there is any guides for which cars to use, but trying different cars and setups you should be able to find one that works. also a car that works for me, might be horrible to drive for you

The most important thing is to have good tires. Always try to buy the best tyres allowed in the race. It's been a while since I've completed the campaign, so I don't even know if there are any reglementations for because some races may forbid some kinds of tyres. The best tyres from best to weakest are pretty straight forward: 

• Race Soft
  • Race Medium
  • Race Hard
  • Sport Soft
  • Sport Medium
  • Sport Hard
  • Comfort Soft
  • Comfort Medium
  • Comfort Hard

After tyres I recommend to buy a suspension upgrade (coilovers) to lower your car. Let the settings on default, that's okay for the beginning.

Then you can upgrade your with more power to reach higher PP.

Edited by I3arbiQ

Thanks give me something to work with.

It's been mindless driving on 1 oval track trying to rack up credit to try cars. I've bought at least 10 cars to try on the 550pp track alone. Still I must surely be nearing the 500 miles on oval tracks by now.

I'll try the best suspension I can get and slam it to the ground and see if I can use better tires, just a shame my bhp will be very low. Some cars I'm using are about 275bhp and still heavy.

Whatever PPD have done to this game to make it so hard is rubbish, I sit here pissed off with a game franchise that I've been playing since 1998(excluding the sport, online game).

Look at whatever car wins the race you are struggling with and get that with the best tires you are allowed. If that isn't quite enough add a few hp with exhausts etc.

1 hour ago, barra333 said:

Look at whatever car wins the race you are struggling with and get that with the best tires you are allowed. If that isn't quite enough add a few hp with exhausts etc.

unfortunatly that is not the best solution most of the times. it can be an indicator, but also total BS. I remember one race in particular in which I used the fastest AI car mayself but it was absolutely undrivable at the required speed to catch or even match the leader. The car I then used to win was, driven by the AI in the latter half of the field.

Also simply adding HP is not the solution. A Better transmission (not even tuning it) and/or clutch can make your gear shifts and acceleration (and by that your laptime) so much faster at a 10PP increase, compared to adding HP worth of 50PP. always depends on the car. that's what I meant by PP is not very usefull to determine how fast a car is compared to another one.

totally agree with tires though. always get the best possible tires, unless there's tyre wear in the race.

It is a starting point though. 

Personally, I generally started with one of the cars in the 'likely opponents' list and raced stock. If I was woefully outclassed, I picked a faster car. If I got within a few seconds of the leader at the finish, I upgraded the tires by one grade. I very rarely win the first event at a menu book because I don't see the fun in blowing away the competition by 20sec every race. 

Depends on the PP range along skill, after that it's mainly a personal preference and driving style thing. There are a lot of viable cars for each event.

I used a heavy modified Lancer Evo V for PP500, a lightly tuned Radical for 600 PP, and the best road Nissan GT-R for PP700 road races. I also used the GT-R Rally, Gr. 3 and Gr. 4 when needed, but that's essentially a personal preference (well, I prefer the Mitsubishi Lancer, but the GT-R is a bit better overall).

The Radical feels almost broken, just put it into Sports Soft tires and you have a heavily competitive machine. Do the Track Experience on Brands Hatch for a test drive.

Those were my general to go cars and all are quite competitive while being easy to handle.

I used more unfriendly ways for other events, that probably aren't that great of an idea for you (I used the Firebird for everything American restricted and at 600-700PP that car is far from the best around).

If you can afford it, get the Dodge SRT Vision X and look up how to turn it into an under PP600 car (currently bugged in a positive way, but will likely be patched in the next update). This car is completely broken for any and all races that it can enter..

Hmmmm, if you can't win any races, no matter what, take a look at the gas pedal gauge in the hud and see if it's reaching max output.  Could be your controller R2 trigger isn't registering a full press and you aren't actually going full throttle.

20 minutes ago, MrBeens said:

Hmmmm, if you can't win any races, no matter what, take a look at the gas pedal gauge in the hud and see if it's reaching max output.  Could be your controller R2 trigger isn't registering a full press and you aren't actually going full throttle.

I had this problem, so test your controller online, here.

After changing to my another DS4, 2 days later the L2 button broke... haha

Edited by SiC

Throttle gauge is maxed out when I drive.

I've been using the radical for the 550pp clubman race. I also bought the tuned RX7 too but its rubbish.

I've bought several of the cars that you race against and even the recommended 2007 Swift.

I have been buying anti lag and some clutch and transmission upgrades so I'll look into what ones I have for the race.

For reference I own 26 cars, stupidly loads considering I'm only at the start of the game.

Whoop whoop, I just tried with sports soft(couldnt buy any higher for that race) took me 3 times but I won. Onto the GT3, GT4 races now. I tried a GT3 and was left behind, even after buying the correct tires. 

Also jeez, c'mon PDD put the civic type R 98 in the second hand menu you've not changed the cars round for almost a week now 

Civic 98 final popped up in the dealership. Bought and now onto menu 7.

Finally some new tracks to race on etc. Sadly 2 new venues are not available to race on though.