Coiled Captors DLC short

piekeaaa

1 hour ago, Ampki said:

Thank you this worked! I would have waited normally but that DLC is shocking. The fact they want you to wait each week just to beat a different difficulty on the same map doing the same thing as last week ? . 

Yeah it's such a terrible dlc model. I'm in the wonderlands discord and so many people are like "well they told us exactly what would be in the dlc so you have no reason to be upset"

By that logic they could tell us the dlc is an actual piece of crap and it'd be ok.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Yeah it's such a terrible dlc model. I'm in the wonderlands discord and so many people are like "well they told us exactly what would be in the dlc so you have no reason to be upset"

By that logic they could tell us the dlc is an actual piece of crap and it'd be ok.

At the same time wouldn't you prefer an honest approach? They did tell us exactly what this would be. They could have blown it up to sound like there was a lot more to it.

I'm not saying you don't have a right to be upset, you 100% do. But I also appreciate the devs not over-hyping it. I do hope the next DLCs are not super bare but I'm fine with end game focused DLCs vs Story DLCs.

Edited by Skurkitty

IMO, these arena style DLCs are about as lazy and boring as it gets and I wish developers would stop making them. End game focused DLCs can be good but you have to provide solid content and a reason to replay them, which is the crucial problem here -  TTW doesn't give you a reason to replay anything, unless you're one of those players who absolutely has to min/max everything and own every unique item in the game. All we got with this DLC was what feels like a deleted scene that was salvaged from the Cutting Room floor, dusted off and shoehorned back in.

I remember the backlash over the DLC raid boss timers in BL2 got so bad, Gearbox ended up getting rid of them because players were causing serious progression blockers by manipulating the system clock to get around the lockout. I'm not a fan of time gating content unless there's a good reason for it, which there isn't here - it's just a lazy way to lengthen a piece of incredibly short content which has very little replay value.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

Wait, so if I will download DLC NOW it is patched already and I won't be able to get both trophies and have to wait three weeks for those "stronger" versions of the boss?!

"CAN YOU BEAT THE FINAL FORM?
For three consecutive weeks following the launch of Coiled Captors, "Chums" will take on an even mightier form once defeated. With each transformation, he'll learn new attacks and abilities that'll test the mettle of even the most stalwart Fatemakers. To make matters even more challenging, dying even once during your battle against "Chums" flings you back out of the mirror and onto your defeated, likely bruised butt. You'll have to fight your way back through the entire dungeon if you're hoping for a rematch.

Below is a planned schedule for when "Chums" takes on new, deadlier forms.* (Note that he'll only grow into a new form if you've already defeated the previous one—and if you take on Coiled Captors after these dates have passed, you'll still need to defeat all four forms in order to hear Vesper's full story.)

First Form: 9:30 AM PT on April 21
Second Form: 9:30 AM PT on April 28
Third Form: 9:30 AM PT on May 5
Final Form: 9:30 AM PT on May 12"

Edited by Smashero

Just now, Smashero said:

Wait, so if I will download DLC NOW it is patched already and I won't be able to get both trophies and have to wait three weeks for those "stronger" versions of the boss?!

Play offline without the Hot Fix installed, then you can fight all 4 forms of the boss and be done in approx 1hr.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Smashero said:

You still can get them now as long as you play offline. They can only fix it with a new patch 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Play offline without the Hot Fix installed, then you can fight all 4 forms of the boss and be done in approx 1hr.

OK, but the issue is that I have the game installed, console is offline, but since DLC came out just now... Today I mean, I need to download it anyway, right?...

Edited by Smashero

Just now, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

You can go online to download the dlc and the current patch. Just play offline after you downloaded both.

Ah... Ok... If that will work that's great :]. But... I still do not get it (pardon for being PITA) - with the newest patch + the DLC the hotfix will not download as well at the same time?

Or it happens "within" the game while online?

3 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Ah... Ok... If that will work that's great :]. But... I still do not get it (pardon for being PITA) - with the newest patch + the DLC the hotfix will not download as well at the same time?

The hot fix takes a few moments to download in the background once you bootup the game, then it stays in memory until you XMB quit but by playing offline, the game can't connect to the Hot Fix servers to download the latest data.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Smashero said:

No, the hotfix only downloads automatically if you start the game while being online. But even if you accidentally start the game online and download the hotfix, you can quit the game and go offline. Cause I didn't know about the glitch until like an hour ago. I went offline and can play the other difficulties.

• Like 3

Yeah I had no problem, saw it downloaded the 1.005 patch while asleep and left it offline from there before booting the game. I didn't see anything on the over world marked though, it's just outside of Queen's Gate area across from the green shrine.

About the only thing that takes time is waiting for that one coil room's water to fill, otherwise this would have been faster. Aside from turning off chaos mode.

my main thing is with the mean game as in ouest logs not showing allso wont show up[ on the map etc but i can seen them if im at the home hub etc allso stuff like weapons messing etc and that mean game not even dlc has this been fixed yet as i havent gone back to play it yet i would put screen shots up but dont no how to down load them from my ps5 

14 hours ago, JaneAusten69 said:

This is exactly why I'm waiting on buying Tiny Tina.  I've played every game since BL2 but the 2nd season pass for BL3 was such a horrendous cash grab, that I just don't trust them anymore.  Waiting for a GOTY deal or something and then I'll consider this game.

Same,

I actually bought Borderlands 3 a little while ago, for the PS4 and PS5, with ALL the DLC... for 24.99...

And, that is pretty much what I do for each and every game, these days.

Wait till all the DLC is out, and just buy the Complete Edition, with all the bugfixes and all the DLC, on sale.

I want to know what I buy, instead of the empty promises that we've been told.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

You have got to be shitting me?! I thought the 3 week thing was just for part of the story, I didn't think it also applied to the trophies :(. I thought Sony didn't allow trophies like this?

This is a seriously scummy thing for Gearbox to do. What a dick move.

Genshin Impact has had a ton of trophies be locked behind waiting weeks or even months for them to be achievable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sephirothdude said:

Will there be more focused story DLC ?

This isn't something anyone knows. However I would ASSUME out of 4 DLCs that 1-2 of them will be some extra story. But at the same time I would expect all DLCs to further progress the end game. Also wouldn't be surprised if we see a second year of content similar to BL3.

Just have to wait and see.

Edited by Skurkitty

On 22/04/2022 at 1:15 AM, HuntingFever said:

The hot fix takes a few moments to download in the background once you bootup the game, then it stays in memory until you XMB quit but by playing offline, the game can't connect to the Hot Fix servers to download the latest data.

So best to disconnect internet for offline or just do this in local co-op mode?

On 21/04/2022 at 7:30 PM, ArabianSwordsman said:

That sucks. I can’t say I’m surprised though, gearbox has always been scummy when it comes to dlcs. Remember the BL2 headhunter packs which was basically just one boss + a new head? I rented wonderlands and I liked it enough to buy it but I’ll probably wait for the GotY version like others above me has said. 

They weren't really DLC though, rather just some other stuff to do. I loved those, missed them when 3 came out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KAdamsy1 said:

So best to disconnect internet for offline or just do this in local co-op mode?

AFAIK, only disconnecting from the internet works for this since I believe LAN mode still maintains a connection to the Shift servers.

8 hours ago, sephirothdude said:

Will there be more focused story DLC ?

AFAIK, all 4 DLCs are going to be more of what we just got + an extra character class with the final one, though there's a chance we will get a second Season Pass like BL3 did.

1 hour ago, ATTYYYYY487 said:

They weren't really DLC though, rather just some other stuff to do. I loved those, missed them when 3 came out.

Same here. I loved what we got and each one offered something fun to do that wasn't in the main game, plus adding some additional story for certain characters. The price was about right as well.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.