New Tales from the Borderlands - October 21st 2022

2 hours ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

The writing in Tales is on another level to what you get from the other Borderlands games, so they better make sure they got the right writers working on this. 

The writing between chapters 4 and 5 is on another level indeed. Literally stopped me from buying another Telltale game ever since.

Yeah, I'm a bit cautious about this one. I LOVED Tales from the Borderlands, bar none my favorite Telltale game. I also love Borderlands...it's my FPS of choice. Some people are COD fans, other Destiny...I'm Borderlands. But this NOT being made by Telltale, even the new Telltale that we know nothing about until The Wolf Among Us 2 and The Expanse come out..it's hard to get completely excited. It's on my radar now though. 

• Like 1

Not to be cynical, but considering how much Gearbox fucked over all the characters from Tales in 3, unless it uses different characters I'm not sure how to feel about this. Fiona and Gortys just got yeeted into the void and Rhys became a boring executive with a shitty moustache. I would suggest it was largely Telltale's influence that made TFTB a decent story.

As far as I'm concerned, the only Borderlands game that had decent writing was 1. Past that it all became zany sunday morning cartoon type stuff. I miss the 'grim alien western' vibes of 1; boring at times, but I prefer that over having to watch Scooter scream, "IZ YOU HYPERION?!" at me every single playthrough. Hell, the General Knoxx DLC had better humor than any of the games that came after.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Not to be cynical, but considering how much Gearbox fucked over all the characters from Tales in 3, unless it uses different characters I'm not sure how to feel about this. Fiona and Gortys just got yeeted into the void and Rhys became a boring executive with a shitty moustache. I would suggest it was largely Telltale's influence that made TFTB a decent story.

As far as I'm concerned, the only Borderlands game that had decent writing was 1. Past that it all became zany sunday morning cartoon type stuff. I miss the 'grim alien western' vibes of 1; boring at times, but I prefer that over having to watch Scooter scream, "IZ YOU HYPERION?!" at me every single playthrough. Hell, the General Knoxx DLC had better humor than any of the games that came after.

It's already been confirmed that it's a different cast of characters. But if I was a betting man, I'd put money on Fiona, Gortys and/or Loader Bot making an appearance. 

29 minutes ago, Viper said:

It's already been confirmed that it's a different cast of characters. But if I was a betting man, I'd put money on Fiona, Gortys and/or Loader Bot making an appearance. 

That seems unlikely as both Fiona and Gortys were voiced by union voice actors and Gearbox has been avoiding working on them. Not sure about Loader Bot, though. Maybe they'll just recast them, like they did with Claptrap.

• 3 months later...
On 4/21/2022 at 3:36 PM, breakingthegreen said:

The best Telltale game! Odd this one doesn't seem to be developed by any specific adventure game developers, let alone Telltale

The best would The Walking Dead. This is a close one though. 

On 4/22/2022 at 6:12 AM, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Maybe this one will actually be good

Like the previous one was?

Interested in seeing how this turns out.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

On 4/21/2022 at 9:50 PM, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

vRpofwy.jpg

The full announcement is to come soon, but it was announced at Gearbox's Pax show that the game is happening and is coming out this year.

Gearbox has been working on the game for a few years now, and it will feature an all new cast.

About

Take a stand against ruthless corporate overlords in this narrative-driven adventure!

Within the perpetually war-torn metropolis of Promethea, you’ll control Anu, Octavio, and Fran on the worst day of their lives. Help these three lovable losers as they endeavor to change the world (and maybe even save it)!

Face down a planetary invasion, vicious vault monster, and cold-hearted capitalist in this cinematic thrill ride where what happens next is up to you! Meet a motley cast full of misfits, assassin bots, and talking guns in this race to the top!

It’s time to fight back against exploitation and corporate greed. It’s time to make Mayhem your business. 

Key Features

• Decide the fates of altruistic scientist Anu, her ambitious, “streetwise” brother Octavio, and the fierce, frogurt-slinging Fran. With nothing left to lose and everything to gain, you’ll claw and con your way through this thrilling five-part story!

• The Borderlands aren’t just home to Vault Hunters, psychos, and weapons-corp CEOs—they’re full of downtrodden, intrepid civilians just trying to get by. With a host of returning and fresh faces, this unforgettable tale is sure to delight fans new and old.

• The decisions you make determine how your story ends in unexpected ways. Whether it’s Anu’s vision of a universe that markets more than weapons, Octavio’s dreams of fame and fortune, or Fran’s frosty plot for revenge—their success or failure depends on you.

HELL YEAH!!!

I ADORE the first one! One of the most perfect experiences when it comes to video games that I have ever had! Hope we get a ps5 rerelease of that one as well! 

https://www.ign.com/articles/new-tales-from-the-borderlands-is-developed-by-key-alumni-from-the-original-game

This is the most detailed article I could find on it. Whoever these "key alumni" are remains a mystery, but it does say that there will be "hundreds of choices". The original Telltale is dead. The people have all gone their separate ways. The name will live on as a zombie brand because it can. Let's all be a little open and wait to pass judgement.

50 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/new-tales-from-the-borderlands-is-developed-by-key-alumni-from-the-original-game

This is the most detailed article I could find on it. Whoever these "key alumni" are remains a mystery, but it does say that there will be "hundreds of choices". The original Telltale is dead. The people have all gone their separate ways. The name will live on as a zombie brand because it can. Let's all be a little open and wait to pass judgement.

Well telltale is back and there working on at least the wolf among us 2 so not just zombies 

• 2 weeks later...