New Tales from the Borderlands - October 21st 2022

I wish more people would stop remaking or rebranding shit like this. 

We’ve already seen this with the Saints Row reboot, The Last of Us Part 1, and roughly 100 other properties. 

The original Tales From the Borderlands was good. But the TellTale Games of old is dead, so for now, this is a hard pass for me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Will this be episodic or everything will be available from release date?

It isn't episodic in the traditional sense, at least according to this article

"NuTales will still be split up into an episodic-style chapter structure, according to director of production James Lopez, but you won't have to wait several months before you can play them altogether.

"We do kind of keep the idea of episodes, meaning that there are five episodes in this game, but whether you buy it on disc or buy it digital, it's all released at the same time"

36 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I wish more people would stop remaking or rebranding shit like this. 

The original Tales From the Borderlands was good. But the TellTale Games of old is dead, so for now, this is a hard pass for me.

It's a brand new entry, not a remake nor a rebrand. It also has nothing to do with Telltale, it's developed by Gearbox and published by 2K.

Edited by The Alchemist
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

It's a brand new entry, not a remake nor a rebrand. It also has nothing to do with Telltale, it's developed by Gearbox and published by 2K.

The title of the game suggests that this is “new”. I enjoyed the TellTale Tales of the Borderlands. Really this sounds like a reboot.

5 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

The title of the game suggests that this is “new”. I enjoyed the TellTale Tales of the Borderlands. Really this sounds like a reboot.

I think the emphasis is on "New Tales". They're TALES from the Borderlands, and these are New Tales to tell so to speak. Just a weird reason not to call it Tales from the Borderlands 2. 

There is a PS5 remaster of the first game bundled with the Deluxe Edition though. 

Trophy list looks like a headache. Get all endings, numerous miscellaneous (and likely missable) trophies, get all collectibles (which likely could also be missable depending on the paths you take). Platinum appears to require multiple partial playthroughs at least. 

Sounds like a Heavy Rain/Until Dawn kind of list more than a typical old Telltale kind of list. 

On 14/10/2022 at 2:01 AM, Viper said:

I think the emphasis is on "New Tales". They're TALES from the Borderlands, and these are New Tales to tell so to speak. Just a weird reason not to call it Tales from the Borderlands 2. 

There is a PS5 remaster of the first game bundled with the Deluxe Edition though. 

The included first game is most likely the PS4 game running in BC mode - they've not advertised anywhere that it's a new PS5 remastered version. 

I received my copy of the game a week before launch on the 14th due to 2K shipping the game too early. I'm missing two of the Vaultlander figures and have no idea what criteria I have to meet in order to get them, and I've only gotten 2 different endings out of the multiple endings that apparently exist and are seemingly tied to the character relationships.

The game isn't clear on telling you what dialogue choices affect the character relationships, as it doesn't implement the "[character] will remember that" mechanic Telltale is known for.

Overall, the game is really good but it absolutely begs for a guide in getting the optional trophies.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, turniplord said:

The included first game is most likely the PS4 game running in BC mode - they've not advertised anywhere that it's a new PS5 remastered version. 

I just assumed because usually in situations like this, since I already own the PS4 version of the first game, the PS Store will tell me I can't purchase this edition because "You already own another version". But it's not doing that...so I thought they were dropping a remaster on the same day. Kinda messed up if I bought the Deluxe Edition and just got a game I already have. 

• Like 1

Take my money! Haha no I’ll wait for sale. If they didn’t F up the digital version of TFTB being put back on the store but not correlated to the digital trophies maybe I’d buy it full price. Gearbox 2k studios whoever done it.. as they seemed to pass the blame to each other. 

Either way I’m looking forward to it.. and The Wolf Among Us 2 ? easy platinum aside I love those story games. 

On 22/10/2022 at 4:35 AM, Liberator_XII said:

For anybody that bought the PS4 physical copy. Are you able to get your free PS5 upgrade when inserting the disc? As the website says that you can get a next-gen upgrade and I just can’t figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is really lame, but it seems we need to redeem the voucher code inside the box for Tales Of The Borderlands (even if we already own it). Then it unlocks the free PS5 upgrade for New Tales From The Borderlands.

Poor documentation from 2K/Gearbox!