PlayStation Plus Extra/Premium Games List

Sailar91

14 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Imagine if they gave trophy support to old games and allowed you to use the discs.

That's the real dream right there!

I bought a bunch of the PS1 era wrestling games just to have in my collection. But I would actually pay the price for premium if they found some way to allow us to use the discs and get trophies out of them just so I could Plat them all. 

• Like 3

The patent along with the plus premium announcements seem very promising, really hoping to see a lot of my old favorites with trophy support, though i've got a couple franchises i've made a point of getting all plats for including tekken (looking incredibly likely to drop) and although no actual hints toward it yet, i can defo see gta 1/2/chinatown dropping (gta london might be tricky as it required some disc swapping between it and gta1 to run iirc)

My reasoning behind gta being likely additions is rockstar were one of the few 3rd party devs to really back sony's ps2-ps4 initiative, so ps1 gta's are the obvious choice, id'd LOVE to see smugglers run and midnight club games ported too, but they seem more likely to stay in the dream zone

Trophy support is a make or break for me. Without trophies, I'll play "some of them". With trophy support, I'll play a lot more. It depends on the lineup obviously, but Syphon Filter makes me optimistic. 

I'm not a programmer but it doesn't seem like such a big deal to add trophy support. I mean... Character x crossed the point y holding an item z. Poof, a trophy. Whether programmed into the game itself or running on top of it to just check the checklist and pop a trophy when you fulfill the requirements... Doesn't seem to require that much effort. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Who knows. Really hoping for trophies, but doubting it at the same time. 

• Like 2

Just don't see them adding trophy support for the older games but would LOVE to be proven wrong. If they do, I will be compelled to complete at least one from each generation so I can have on my profile here. I can then say I have earned a platinum across all generations of consoles. Would be dope! ?

• Like 1

Yep the trophy support is going to be a big factor for me. I have a small PS3 backlog so will hold off on renewing my PS plus straight away. 

But if some of the PS1/2 games run well and have platinums, then I'd be soo tempted. Just give me Sonic Heroes pls.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, the1andonly654 said:

Trophy support is a make or break for me. Without trophies, I'll play "some of them". With trophy support, I'll play a lot more. It depends on the lineup obviously, but Syphon Filter makes me optimistic. 

I'm not a programmer but it doesn't seem like such a big deal to add trophy support. I mean... Character x crossed the point y holding an item z. Poof, a trophy. Whether programmed into the game itself or running on top of it to just check the checklist and pop a trophy when you fulfill the requirements... Doesn't seem to require that much effort. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Who knows. Really hoping for trophies, but doubting it at the same time. 

It is way harder because if you're adding trophies through emulation, you'll be checking memory addresses and popping trophies as those addresses' values change. It can be quite tricky and way harder than implementing it natively, which would use simple programming. I doubt Sony will add trophies to these games, it is too much work, guys on RetroAchievements do that because they love old games

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Well I don't care about any of these games but if we start seeing these trophy lists then I'll actually start getting excited for the idea

Hell ya!!!

6 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

If these games were going to have trophy support then we would probably know by now. Best not to hinge our hype on one singular longshot that was never announced.

Awww...

2 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

But the real question is, where's The Legend of Dragoon?

Hopefully in the garbage can. But seriously, if resurrecting that turd can resurrect other titles, I'll allow it. ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Awww...

Hehehe don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it's impossible and I'll be just as ecstatic about it as the rest of you if it happens!

7 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Hopefully in the garbage can. But seriously, if resurrecting that turd can resurrect other titles, I'll allow it. 1f61b.png

This disrespect I will not tolerate! I challenge thee to a duel, pistols at dawn! /slaps face with a glove

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

I want Dino Crisis 1 and 2

speaking facts here, but here's something that could be impossible and I hope I'm wrong:

Spoiler

Silent Hill ONE

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Add this info:

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2022/04/26/ps-now-games-leaving-before-new-ps-plus-launch/

It deconfirms any chance for Silent Hill and MGS games.

I'd hesitate to say deconfirms. For all we know, they have to be liscened seperately for PS Now and PS Plus Premium due to branding or something, so why renew it for PS Now when they could just wait and renew for Plus Premium? Most likely you're right but it's cool to have hope

Yeah were only gonna get about 100 or so games or less max for each platform so if mgs 1 isn't day 1 its possible it may be added at a later date. And it may depend on the publisher as i cant imagine say classic or x megaman games, klonoa, sotn, chrono cross coming because it would cannibalize sales of the already available/upcoming legacy collections or remasters(and if they are they would offer the collections or remasters as register additions rather then making a redundant emulated port) 

1 hour ago, trewth2002 said:

I'd hesitate to say deconfirms. For all we know, they have to be liscened seperately for PS Now and PS Plus Premium due to branding or something, so why renew it for PS Now when they could just wait and renew for Plus Premium? Most likely you're right but it's cool to have hope

That was why I posted what I did earlier, some seriously important PS3 exclusives are getting knocked out before the alleged 'classics-oriented' streaming service launches is incredibly poor in taste.

16 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Hopefully in the garbage can. But seriously, if resurrecting that turd can resurrect other titles, I'll allow it. ?

Hey now, didn't you play Cross Edge and Star Ocean 4 back 10+ years ago? I somehow remember you being tolerant of garbage just like me.

But Legend of Dragoon is legendary! It actually aged pretty well, in my opinion, and was a ton of fun as a kid.

Other games that are overlooked but shouldn't be;

1. Alundra
  2. Thousand Arms
  3. Dino Crisis
  4. Future Cop LAPD
  5. Croc (which was shit, but the only thing we had in the beginning)
  6. Alundra
  7. Lunar Silver Star Story/Eternal Blue
  8. Xenogears
  9. Alundra
  10. Vagrant Story
  11. Parasite Eve
  12. Grandia
  13. Alundra
  14. Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver
  15. Colony Wars
  16. Driver
  17. Alundra