PlayStation Plus Extra/Premium Games List

Sailar91

1 minute ago, MrHealthy said:

When it was announced this was the exact announcement:

"Also, players who have previously purchased the digital version of select games from the original PlayStation and PSP generation..."

Thank you for sharing this. I "glossed over the bolded" for reasons I already stated (the legacy hardware didn't have these limitations) and also because the verbiage still isn't incredibly clear. Is the "select" referring to the selection of games being provided or is it even narrower? We obviously now know that it is the latter.

51 minutes ago, Okonnardo said:

Thanks for this thread, I'm gonna keep a close eye on that classic games sections.

Wild Arms ?

And patiently wait for the best game ever, FFT ??

Tactics with trophies, we can only hope, my fave ps1 game easily!!!

• Like 1

I got few questions if i may. 

Seen some posts here saying that you don't need a sub to play already purchased PSone games. Definetly bought Resident Evil but it's not possible for me to start it. Anyone here with low tier Plus or without can confirm if the PSone classics work without the sub? 

Will we have the option to buy PSone/PS2/PS3 games without the sub? Or will those game only appear for Extra/Premium members?

As for my take on those games some are cool but there is also a lot of shovelware and when you say RDR and RDR2 will leave the Plus in October i don't think this service is for me. Got plenty of games that took me years to 100%, so if i buy higher tier i'll never finish them. It's glorified Blockbuster of gaming where you don't own shit. It's impossible for anyone to finish 400-500 games a year, so i think i'll stay with those few that catch my eyes. 

As for you guys i hope your favourite PSone games will appear in this Gamepasslike Plus sub and they'll get trophy support. 

Edited by PIOTREK27-1982
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

I got few questions if i may. 

Seen some posts here saying that you don't need a sub to play already purchased PSone games. Definetly bought Resident Evil but it's not possible for me to start it. Anyone here with low tier Plus or without can confirm if the PSone classics work without the sub? 

Will we have the option to buy PSone/PS2/PS3 games without the sub? Or will those game only appear for Extra/Premium members?

As for my take on those games some are cool but there is also a lot of shovelware and when you say RDR and RDR2 will leave the Plus in October i don't think this service is for me. Got plenty of games that took me years to 100%, so if i buy higher tier i'll never finish them. It's glorified Blockbuster of gaming where you don't own shit. It's impossible for anyone to finish 400-500 games a year, so i think i'll stay with those few that catch my eyes. 

As for you guys i hope your favourite PSone games will appear in this Gamepasslike Plus sub and they get trophy support. 

I can confirm that PS1 games are playable without upgrading to the Extra or Premium membership. I was able to download Wild Arms without any issue. Though RE1 DC is showing up as a subscription only game for me. Tekken 2 is showing up as a subscription only title as well. I believe not all titles will be available to purchase to download and that it depends on the devs on what they want to do with their games. 

• Like 1

I am a little annoyed the sly games got taken off, had to platinum 3 at the last second. Guess ill have to buy Grim Fandango to finish it too. Overall the new games they added are good but I wish they were more clear about which were leaving. 
Hopefully the UI gets an update its very slow and kinda bland. 

Overall not the worst thing they could of done, hopeful itll get some updates in the future.

15 minutes ago, burnalivetolive said:

If you download a game prior to it leaving PS+ do you get to keep it for the duration of your membership, like before?

Also if you stream a game that you own DLC for does it recognize that or would you need to download ?

As far as I know you keep only games that you get licences for- monthly 2-3 games in ps plus essential. Higher tiers are like gamepass, you can play them when they are in service, but you don't keep licences for them, when they are gone they are gone

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ArtMontef said:

As far as I know you keep only games that you get licences for- monthly 2-3 games in ps plus essential. Higher tiers are like gamepass, you can play them when they are in service, but you don't keep licences for them, when they are gone they are gone

Makes sense. I have a lot of physical copies that are now “duplicates” it would have been good to digitize them but I don’t trust I’d work through the backlog before they are delisted lol.

I'll say again, this selection is absolutely fantastic. I do wish they had a save to favorites list you could make tho, like gamepass. The wishlist doesn't work, since I'd want to keep that separate for games I plan to buy some time and adding plus games would just clog it to shit

Was so excited for this subscription package but not seeing much of a difference between this and what was being offered by PS Now a few months ago. I'm old; my main interest is in the PS Classics (we didn't have trophies back then!). That list'll have to get a bit bigger before I throw money down. The Classics are a real game changer -- too bad Jumping Flash doesn't have any trophies, that was my #1 reason to get this!

Looks promising though. Sony will hopefully step up their game with the XBox Pass getting so much attention -- Persona 3+?! Yeesh.

4 hours ago, CaribbeanLegend said:

maybe you can add an leaving soon section

RDR 2 - September 30 2022

WRC 10 - August 31 2022

NBA 2K22 - August  31 2022

Shadow Warrior 3 - July 7 2022

I’ll put the date next to the game, and maybe a section of all the games that left the service 

If you spot any game that is leaving please write me, you would help me greatly ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shinkaix7 said:

I can confirm that PS1 games are playable without upgrading to the Extra or Premium membership. I was able to download Wild Arms without any issue. Though RE1 DC is showing up as a subscription only game for me. Tekken 2 is showing up as a subscription only title as well. I believe not all titles will be available to purchase to download and that it depends on the devs on what they want to do with their games. 

Thanks for the reply.

4 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Do you have any idea why all the God of War games are not on that list? Only GoW 2018 from what I can see. PSNow used to have every single GoW game besides GoW Betrayal. 

Also does all games have DLC? Still need to knock out the Maneater DLC. 

The only GOW games that are missing are the ones for PSP, I didn’t update the PS3 section, I’ll do that tomorrow 

Unfortunately not all the games have DLC, only if it’s written in the description in the Ps Store 

• Like 1

Many people here forget that PS Now was not avalaible in sooo many teritories, and this change was to merge PS Plus and PS Now in avalaible countries and bring it to those that didn't have it at all. 

I know many of you are underwhelmed, but it's just the beginning, I'm sure they will expand the service moving forward and now they have only one service to focus on. I am just happy that I will have access to library of games that I didn't have access to before ?‍♀️, I just have to wait for it to launch in Europe. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I'll say again, this selection is absolutely fantastic. I do wish they had a save to favorites list you could make tho, like gamepass. The wishlist doesn't work, since I'd want to keep that separate for games I plan to buy some time and adding plus games would just clog it to shit

They had a favorite list for the Ps Now, I think they will add that pretty soon 

Edited by Sailar91