Bugged Survey Trophies? Platinum Impossible After 90 Hours?

sinister_reign85

Does anyone know if the trophies are bugged after the most recent 3.0 update last month? I've beaten the game and have several missing ciphers in each biome. I've done some research and it seems like most people got the platinum after the patch that came out last year, and I'm not sure how many people have completed the biome surveys recently. Here's what I've tried so far:

• Play offline

• Play offline to start then go online once the biome loads

• Sprint through each biome and pause in each new area to look for the upside-down triangle symbol

• Press square to continue activity from the activity cards

• Looked through multiple text and video guides (thank you @Optinooby)

• I've sprinted through each biome well over 100 times at this point

Only about 30 of the 90 hours I've played so far have been the main story which I've completed (all 3 acts), and about 60 hours searching for these cyphers. What else can I do to get this darn platinum!?

• Like 1

Hey mate, had you been keeping a log of Ciphers you have gotten so far in relation to my guide cipher #s that you mention!! That way at least you would know, exactly what ciphers then I could perhaps share more info on that, if I knew which.

Hope it hasn't glitched on you. 

I went through the platinum about 5-8 times and I always got them...eventually. though it was on an earlier update. 

Sometimes the one room you want will NEVER spawn I found, you could be having VERY bad luck.

There is also a QUICKER way to spawn the room you are looking for, that's if you know which though....??

One way I believe would mess things up for sure is if you play on patch 1.00 for a while and THEN update. I say that because they moved a lot of ciphers around with updates and I have no idea how the tracking would react when the ciphers are getting all juggled up.

Also have you been playing online always??? Playing offline can mess things up. I started a fresh save once on a guest account, played offline and literally no trophies would pop xD

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Hey mate, had you been keeping a log off Ciphers you have gotten so far in relation toy guide cipher #s that you mention!! That way at least you would know, exactly what ciphers then I could perhaps share more info on that, if I knew which.

Hope it hasn't glitched on you. 

I went through the platinum about 5-8 times and I always got them...eventually. though it was on an earlier update. 

Sometimes the one room you want will NEVER spawn I found, you could be having VERY bad luck.

There is also a QUICKER way to spawn the room you are looking for, that's if you know which though....??

One way I believe would mess things up for sure is if you play on patch 1.00 for a while and THEN update. I say that because there moved a lot of ciphers around with updates and I have no idea how the tracking would react when the ciphers are getting all juggled up.

Also have you been playing online always??? Playing offline can mess things up

I know I should have made a list. I typically try to play through games to see how far I can get before using a guide, and I guess it came back to bite me this time.

I usually play online but tried offline recently since I saw some forum posts saying that it could help. Some people found that the avenging the fallen scout may be overriding their ciphers.

I only recently bought the game in the past week or two so I believe I've been on the latest patch since the beginning.

As I'm typing this, I think it may make the most sense to delete my save and play through the game again using your guide (wouldn't mind it since I really enjoy the game).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sinister_reign85 said:

I know I should have made a list. I typically try to play through games to see how far I can get before using a guide, and I guess it came back to bite me this time.

I usually play online but tried offline recently since I saw some forum posts saying that it could help. Some people found that the avenging the fallen scout may be overriding their ciphers.

I only recently bought the game in the past week or two so I believe I've been on the latest patch since the beginning.

As I'm typing this, I think it may make the most sense to delete my save and play through the game again using your guide (wouldn't mind it since I really enjoy the game).

Not saying anybody is wrong as going Offline usually works, but for this game, always try to play Online.

Offline usually avoids any bugs related to tracking synching to the servers as it completely avoids the synching altogether.

But as I say, if you boot up the game on a fresh account Offline, NO trophies will pop. This leads me to believe that the trophies and the tracking in this game HAVE TO BE synched to work properly!

Once you go online for the 1st time with a new account, you can then sort-off go offline, but the tracking gets all messed up and honestly, because off that 1st instance where no trophies pop until you first go online, there is something else going on that perhaps best not to mess about with.

Of course sometimes a network error etc can disconnect you, I think a odd disconnect and that is ok but playing too much offline, although maybe not certain, I feel there is a chance that tracking can bug out.

Platinum doesn't take long if you know what you are doing, I did it in 7 hours with bad RNG for a few Ciphers so shouldn't be too bad for you, if that's what you decide to do.

3 best pieces of advice I would give if you care to humor me are: 

1 - Always play Online.

2 - Use my guide to make a note of which Ciphers collected (not trying to force my content, but just want you to have an easier time tracking missing Ciphers).

3 - Kind-off optional, but scan/collect ONLY the Carbine and ElectroPylon. The Pylon is easy mode and this will mean that ONLY those 2 weapons along with the Pistol will drop, nothing else, meaning much more chance for OP Pylon!

However you decide to attack it, sorry this has happened to ya, and hopefully you have no problems going forward and enjoy the cycle again ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

I just finished Crimson Wastes survey and I've been playing since launch.

I've alternated between playing online and offline during my search, bust last few ciphers there were found offline. #20 for me was the notorious orb room that I finally found by moving backwards through the ending section. The room popped for me after around six tries of doing that. 

Still have three biomes left, hopefully none will be as annoying as that one... such a great game though I'm still enjoying playing.

• Like 1

I finished all the surveys this week, so they are all doable with Patch 3.0. Been playing since September though which has been Patch 1.4.1 and got a few ciphers and scout logs back then.

What worked for me:

- Start offline

- if after a few cycles no new ciphers/logs show up, switch to online and repeat

- if it still does not work, close game and restart the PS5

- repeat

First Platinum for me that actually felt like work :/

Heads up dude!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your help! I FINALLY just got my platinum, what a great game but the trophy grind was crazy! Took me 125 hours but I'm happy I stuck with it. Crimson Wastes was the worst, where you have to get to that orb room in section 3 of the biome, took me literally 20+ runs to get that one room to spawn.