Does anyone know if a turbo controller will work on fishing?

Pariah_Dark

I'm not sure if this was asked before. But I'm really having a hard time getting the final fish for the trophy. And after awhile, my fingers get tired from the button mashing. I'm seriously about to invest in a turbo controller (for other games as well) if need be. Just looking to know if it would actually work

I'm not sure that would be a great idea as you have to keep it between two extremes, and a turbo controller might push you over the edge immediately as you start fishing. 

But if you can turn it off and on within a dime, I guess it's possible? I haven't done it, but this would be a hard sell as it isn't just spamming to win. If you spam, it's very likely you'll soar past the meter and lose the fish within an instant. But this is somewhat of an assumption.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I personally used a turbo controller for like 90% of the fish, it made the process WAY less annoying and probably saved the X button on my controller. Wish I would have done it sooner.

My turbo controller let’s you set a button to repeat, then if you hold that button, it stops the spamming.

So I just set X to turbo, then when my character starts the cast animation, hold X until I get a bite, then release.

Once I got the bite, unless the fish was rare, I could just let X spam and I’d catch the fish before the gague would even get tense.

For the rare fish, I just had to feel the rhythm of the tension gauge. It would usually be red off the bat, so I knew to hold X and then release when the line got loose, then re-apply X before I felt like the line was going to get tense, because if you stop the spam before the line gets tense, it won’t break, but if you stop the spam too late, it’ll definitely snap.

It took a couple mistakes with the gauge of the rare fish to get it, but once I understood it, it made the process go by way faster, especially with all the screens that come up after you catch a fish. I was peeling through fish and recasting while only having to hold X for a few seconds after casting.

• Like 1

I just popped the trophy with a turbo controller as well. Made it SO easy compared to what it could've been. Saved my fingers the trouble big time. Just gotta get the rhythm of it, and you're good to go. Fish pulling animation = let go of turbo. Fish tired animation = Turbo City.

• Like 2