When Should I Enable the DLCs?

I never played anything past beating the final boss, so I have absolutely no clue if there even is post-game.  Let alone what is or is not available during that phase if it exists.

As for enabling the DLCs?  I'd wait until you have a good grasp of the game and its' mechanics.  I'd probably also wait until I had a decent cadre of higher-level heroes and a fairly well-developed town, because the DLC quests and the boss battles aren't easy.  This especially goes for the Crimson Court which adds some very annoying additional mechanics on top of everything else you have to cope with.

Furthermore, if you're following the guide, I'd only enable the DLCs during the lower difficulty run (and not add it at all when playing on Stygian / Darkest).

You can pick and choose which parts of the DLC to add. I'd go ahead and activate everything and just avoid the Crimson Court until late into your play through. The buildings are extremely beneficial but expensive. Be careful with the shieldbreaker because while she's very powerful if used well there's a chance for a fight during camp with her in the party.

2 hours ago, MandA60VISE said:

avoid the Crimson Court until late into your play through

How late would you suggest? I don't even know if there is a post-game to do everything.

2 hours ago, MandA60VISE said:

there's a chance for a fight during camp with her in the party

Do you mean a fight against her? Or do you mean a fight will happen in the camp if I have her in my party?

15 hours ago, SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki said:

How late would you suggest? I don't even know if there is a post-game to do everything.

Do you mean a fight against her? Or do you mean a fight will happen in the camp if I have her in my party?

On everything besides Stygian there's a post-game after beating the darkest dungeon. Stygian simply has a time limit is why it doesn't. I'd suggest doing Crimson Court after the third or fourth (the last one) successful darkest dungeon voyage. It has some good rewards that could help but the base game is perfectly manageable without. If you never start it then all of the additional nuisances it introduces won't take effect.

As for the shieldbreaker it's a chance to have a fight against NPC monsters if she's in the party during camp. It's part of her character's story. It does eventually stop when you beat enough of the battles and you could grind the easier missions or wait to camp until near the end of the mission to do so.

3 hours ago, MandA60VISE said:

On everything besides Stygian there's a post-game after beating the darkest dungeon. Stygian simply has a time limit is why it doesn't. I'd suggest doing Crimson Court after the third or fourth (the last one) successful darkest dungeon voyage. It has some good rewards that could help but the base game is perfectly manageable without. If you never start it then all of the additional nuisances it introduces won't take effect.

As for the shieldbreaker it's a chance to have a fight against NPC monsters if she's in the party during camp. It's part of her character's story. It does eventually stop when you beat enough of the battles and you could grind the easier missions or wait to camp until near the end of the mission to do so.

Thanks so much!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...