Tip for Those Doubling Up on Special Operation Trophies

Chaos_Bladez

Since I like to double 100% games, especially Ubisoft ones on PS4 and PS5 since they have the functionality to support that, I figure there are others here who are the same. This has to do with the Special Operations trophies that aren't needed for the platinum. These can be tedious and time consuming even on Story difficulty, so doing them twice on Mastery Level 3 would be annoying, especially after having to play them multiple times to even unlock Mastery Level 3.

But you don't have to do them on Mastery Level 3 on PS4 and PS5 to get those trophies for both versions. Just do them all on Mastery Level 3 on one platform (probably the PS5 version), upload your save using the in-game menu, and then just play the easiest version of that mission on the other console. The Mastery Level 3 trophy will pop on the second console (presumably, the PS4 version) after you complete it on Standard that second time.

This saves a ton of time as it is not only easier, but the waves at the end are much shorter and full of weaker enemies.

So TL;DR:
1. Play them all on Mastery Level 3 on the PS5 version.

2. Upload that save to the Ubisoft cloud.

3. Download that save on the PS4 version.

4. Play all the stages on the lowest difficulty on PS4.

PS: If you're doing them solo, put it on Story difficulty and use the strategies listed in the guides. Use the newly patched in loadout system to make a loadout for sprinting, shooting, and fire resistance.

• Like 3

You can just unlock mastery level 3 by beating level 2. Then upload to the game’s cloud, download it and do the M3 run. Did all solo this way. Either PS4 or PS5. Just before you beat M3 make sure to upload it to the clouds. Same method I used for dlcs collectibles and main game collectibles 

4 hours ago, ZEE11W said:

You can just unlock mastery level 3 by beating level 2. Then upload to the game’s cloud, download it and do the M3 run. Did all solo this way. Either PS4 or PS5. Just before you beat M3 make sure to upload it to the clouds. Same method I used for dlcs collectibles and main game collectibles 

Well, yeah, but my post is telling you how to get the Mastery Level 3 trophy twice by only doing the Mastery Level 3 once. If you transfer the save after you do ML3, you can just do standard on the second console and it will unlock.

• 1 month later...

Can confirm this method still works, thanks. Also, just wanted to add that completing level 3 in someone else's game will unlock all levels for the special operation in your own game regardless of where you've done the lower levels or not. So, you can help someone else out by hosting a mastery 3 so that they don't have to suffer running through all the levels just to unlock the one they need.

• Like 2