nanakiisnanaki

2.07 Master Spirit Guide trophy skip/glitch/exploit

152 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, nanakiisnanaki said:

Sono riuscito a trovare un altro metodo per sbloccare il trofeo Master Spirit Guide senza finire il gioco. 

 

Carica il salvataggio del Santuario della montagna dal tuo primo playthrough e cammina fino al punto di meditazione. Premi  △ per meditare, mettere in pausa e caricare un salvataggio a difficoltà Master. Il filmato non sarà ignorabile e potresti notare che il tuo gioco Master è ancora in esecuzione dietro il filmato.

 

Stavo provando alcune diverse combinazioni di archiviazione del menu quando l'ho ricevuto. Se hai familiarità con il boost di hyperdash nel gioco, ricorderai che devi premere Su + Start per visualizzare le impostazioni della fotocamera nel menu di pausa. Anche se potrebbe non essere necessario, devo sottolineare che ho premuto △ per meditare + Inizia allo stesso tempo/frame. Non ero sicuro che facesse qualcosa, quindi ho lasciato il menu e lo schermo ha iniziato a diventare nero. Ho premuto di nuovo pausa e ho caricato il salvataggio. Spero che tutto ciò di cui hai bisogno sia meditare, quindi mettere in pausa e caricare. Si spera che i tempi di caricamento del salvataggio non siano importanti. Se non riesci a mettere in pausa dopo aver premuto medita, fai quello che ho fatto e premi △ + Start contemporaneamente, lascia il menu per assicurarti che diventi nero, quindi metti in pausa e carica il salvataggio principale.

 

Ecco il video di quello che ho fatto: 

 

It's not working for my friend

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Oh, that’s too bad! It would be helpful if you uploaded a video or explained what you tried so we can figure out the exact method together. I will try to replicate it tonight and see how easy it is to reproduce.

 

I don’t have a trophy to unlock anymore, but I think as long as the Master game is running in the background during the final cutscene it should work. If your game is running in the background and it’s not working then I’m not sure what the issue could be. My Master save was at the final boss. I know with the last exploit you needed to at least reach the first rot for it to work. I was hoping this would work for any Master save, but you could try getting to the first rot at least.

Edited by nanakiisnanaki
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can definitely get it to glitch out and get the end cutscene to play over the top of the game whilst it's still playing but the skip function is not coming up, you can just hear her jumping in the background.

I think you are either supremely lucky or the window to pause and load is down to the microsecond.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Edit: Got the Platinum! Thank you very much @nanakiisnanaki and @Anke and @Txustrilla for the collaborative effort!

 

 

 

 

I've tried it a few times myself with varying results. I have had instances where I have my master game running in the back ground and the end cutscene is playing, but holding X does not bring up the skip cutscene option. I was hoping it would still pop the master trophy but it unfortunately did not cut to credits and instead just looped the cutscene. I've been playing around with timing and I think I'm either a frame too early or late in pausing and loading the different save file.

Edited by Xahnant
Update on strats
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Anke said:

I can definitely get it to glitch out and get the end cutscene to play over the top of the game whilst it's still playing but the skip function is not coming up, you can just hear her jumping in the background.

I think you are either supremely lucky or the window to pause and load is down to the microsecond.

Dang, I was hoping this would work easily for everyone. I really hope it’s not a timing issue. What’s your checkpoint for the Master save?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nanakiisnanaki said:

Dang, I was hoping this would work easily for everyone. I really hope it’s not a timing issue. What’s your checkpoint for the Master save?

My checkpoint for the master save is right before the Taro fight. I've tried loading different autosaves in different areas of the map hoping it might change things but no luck. Perhaps your master save being near the end of the game influences something but it's hard to say.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Xahnant said:

I've tried it a few times myself with varying results. I have had instances where I have my master game running in the back ground and the end cutscene is playing, but holding X does not bring up the skip cutscene option. I was hoping it would still pop the master trophy but it unfortunately did not cut to credits and instead just looped the cutscene. I've been playing around with timing and I think I'm either a frame too early or late in pausing and loading the different save file.

 

Same here, I get the constant loop too, I think I agree too that this is literally one frame you have to hit.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@Anke @Xahnant Have either of you reached the credits yet? Or only a loop?

 

Are you guys on PS4 or PS5? 

 

I just tried it again and loaded much earlier than my video and I have the skip button. Game went to the credits. 

Edited by nanakiisnanaki
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nanakiisnanaki said:

@Anke @Xahnant Have either of you reached the credits yet? Or only a loop?

only a loop for me.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, nanakiisnanaki said:

@Anke @Xahnant Have either of you reached the credits yet? Or only a loop?

 

It just loops the cutscene and doesn't reach the KENA text on black screen. Most telling is the lack of the skip button in the bottom left right.

 

The only positive I can think of is that I'm finding it hard to match the exact level of fade to black, I either get it slightly too little or too much. It must be an exact frame thing.

 

 

Edited by Anke
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Anke said:

 

It just loops the cutscene and doesn't reach the KENA text on black screen. Most telling is the lack of the skip button in the bottom left right.

 

The only positive I can think of is that I'm finding it hard to match the exact level of fade to black, I either get it slightly too little or too much. It must be an exact frame thing.

 

 

 

I got the skip button and credits to roll with much earlier timing, but this time only the area music from my Master game played. I couldn’t hear any jump or attack sounds.

 

I also tried it with really late timing and got the character movements, skip button, and the credits rolled. 

 

Could it be a PS4 issue? I am on PS5

Edited by nanakiisnanaki
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, nanakiisnanaki said:

 

Are you guys on PS4 or PS5? 

 

I just tried it again and loaded much earlier than my video and I have the skip button. Game went to the credits. 

I'm playing on PS5

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, nanakiisnanaki said:

 

I got the skip button and credits to roll with much earlier timing, but this time only the area music from my Master game played. I couldn’t hear any jump or attack sounds.

 

I also tried it with really late timing and got the character movements, skip button, and the credits rolled. 

 

Could it be a PS4 issue? I am on PS5

 

I'm on PS5 too, I've tried much earlier and much later and still nothing. There must be another difference somehow. 

Are you loading from Story Mode to Master?

 

Just so we're super clear. 

1. Triangle and Pause at same time.

2. Unpause.

3. Pause again as it's fading to black.

4. Load Master Difficulty.

 

Are these purely the only steps?

 

 

Edited by Anke
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nanakiisnanaki said:

 

I got the skip button and credits to roll with much earlier timing, but this time only the area music from my Master game played. I couldn’t hear any jump or attack sounds.

 

I also tried it with really late timing and got the character movements, skip button, and the credits rolled. 

 

Could it be a PS4 issue? I am on PS5

If I try too early it loads my master save but not the cutscene and everything is really dim on screen. Too late and nothing changes either. Is your game and saves on a different SSD?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anke said:

 

I'm on PS5 too, I've tried much earlier and much later and still nothing. There must be another difference somehow. 

Are you loading from Story Mode to Master?

 

Ok I started a new game on Master. As soon as I had an auto-save I tried it again. Cutscene looped and I don’t have a skip button. It’s either only working for the Rot God checkpoint or for the Mountain area. There’s a hyperdash skip to get to the Rot God in speedruns, I might try that

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Xahnant said:

If I try too early it loads my master save but not the cutscene and everything is really dim on screen. Too late and nothing changes either. Is your game and saves on a different SSD?

 

Same here, fraction too early and it either just loads or I get a black screen. If I wait a fraction too long and either the load game is greyed out or it still loops.

Just now, nanakiisnanaki said:

 

Ok I started a new game on Master. As soon as I had an auto-save I tried it again. Cutscene looped and I don’t have a skip button. It’s either only working for the Rot God checkpoint or for the Mountain area. There’s a hyperdash skip to get to the Rot God in speedruns, I might try that

 

Ahh interesting. I was loading my Rot Grove checkpoint.

2 minutes ago, nanakiisnanaki said:

 

...There’s a hyperdash skip to get to the Rot God in speedruns...

 

This would be interesting to know too.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nanakiisnanaki said:

 

Ok I started a new game on Master. As soon as I had an auto-save I tried it again. Cutscene looped and I don’t have a skip button. It’s either only working for the Rot God checkpoint or for the Mountain area. There’s a hyperdash skip to get to the Rot God in speedruns, I might try that

I had a feeling that might have something to do with it haha Thank you for looking into things!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This speedrun shows the glitch to get to the Rot God as quickly as possible but boy is there a lot of processes!

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Anke said:

This speedrun shows the glitch to get to the Rot God as quickly as possible but boy is there a lot of processes!

 

 

 

It seems to me that most of the steps are to actually beat Rot God. All we need to do is get to Rot God, which should only require the dash and that skip is pretty easy! I’ve got the dash now I’m trying to figure out the boost to Rot God

Edited by nanakiisnanaki
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Anke said:

This speedrun shows the glitch to get to the Rot God as quickly as possible but boy is there a lot of processes!

 

 

Yeah I was just checking this out haha I was trying the photomode glitch and It definitely takes practice! I either need to become a speedrunner or master these boss fights haha

1 minute ago, nanakiisnanaki said:

 

It seems to me that most of the steps are to actually beat Rot God. All we need to do is get to Rot God, which should only require the dash and that skip is pretty easy! I’ve got the dash now I’m trying to figure out the boost to Rot God

Oh wow I am definitely struggling with the skip to get the dash haha I can get the pause and photo timing down but can't get over the wall

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making the run-on Master difficulty now and the boss fights are no joke, so I hope I don't go through all this, and there is a glitch that can potentially save hours for me to get the Platinum. The Game is balanced; I only wished they showed us the boss health bar to react accordingly.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

40 minutes ago, Xahnant said:

...

Oh wow I am definitely struggling with the skip to get the dash haha I can get the pause and photo timing down but can't get over the wall

 

I'm up to the point in the village after skipping over the out of bounds. I can get her cheesed in that photomode and halfway up the purple wall but getting her out of cheese and into a new higher jump is proving taxing. This is the point I'm talking about - https://youtu.be/k-MR5qrgXvU?t=330

 

Going to call it a night and try again with a fresh head tomorrow.

Edited by Anke
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working on a video to show all the necessary skips with a brief explanation ^^ 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, nanakiisnanaki said:

Working on a video to show all the necessary skips with a brief explanation ^^ 

Awesome thanks! I was able to get the dash and bombs and now I'm trying to nail down the hyper dash. I'm hoping with practice I'll be able to get it and then just try to skip all the way to the rot god!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.