2.08 Master Spirit Guide trophy skip/glitch/exploit

8 hours ago, nanakiisnanaki said:

Here’s the video. I’m sorry the glitch is not as simple as I had originally hoped, but this shouldn’t be too difficult. Easier than the Wood Knight in the Rot God fight lol

Thank you Anke and Xahnant for helping me figure it all out!

You sir, are a legend, thank you very much indeed for figuring/finding this out. Many kudos to you my friend.

7 hours ago, Txustrilla said:

Dude @nanakiisnanaki I love you. There is no need to reach the Rot God checkpoint. You just need to activate de distortion stone thing on the left of your screen at min 2.36 in your video and make a manual save there. Then you only need to load your story mode or whatever mode at the final meditation spot (mountain shrine) and do the steps you mention on your first post and the "skip" button (that seems to be the indicator that the glitch is working) in the credits scene will appear! I just did it and now I got the plat, thanks!! (It is recorded with the share button, so the trophy pop does not show up)

Wow, even better, thank you for finding this too. Great teamwork the pair of you :)

• Like 2

I’m going to try this tonight. I just got to the corrupt woodsmith on my master run and would love to not have to go through the pain of the last 1/3 of the game 

Edit: it worked perfectly. Thank you all so much for the write up and sharing the information ?

Edited by Slugger_VII
  • Like 1

You've made my day, it worked!!!
I was a little worried, because my last save file from story mode was before second fight with Toshi (1 of 3 trials), but I've cleared it up pretty quickly (it is sooooo easier than Master Guide) and paused + triangle it until the very, almost black screen, loaded the save from mountain and voila.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, princefan2407 said:

You've made my day, it worked!!!
I was a little worried, because my last save file from story mode was before second fight with Toshi (1 of 3 trials), but I've cleared it up pretty quickly (it is sooooo easier than Master Guide) and paused + triangle it until the very, almost black screen, loaded the save from mountain and voila.

Great! I’m so glad it’s working for everyone. I don’t think there’s anything tricky about the glitch where you load the Master save. You should only need to press triangle to meditate, pause immediately, and then load the Master save with the correct checkpoint. I know you got it already, but just in case someone who hasn’t tried yet is wondering if the timing is important.

Edited by nanakiisnanaki
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Txustrilla said:

Dude @nanakiisnanaki I love you. There is no need to reach the Rot God checkpoint. You just need to activate de distortion stone thing on the left of your screen at min 2.36 in your video and make a manual save there. Then you only need to load your story mode or whatever mode at the final meditation spot (mountain shrine) and do the steps you mention on your first post and the "skip" button (that seems to be the indicator that the glitch is working) in the credits scene will appear! I just did it and now I got the plat, thanks!! (It is recorded with the share button, so the trophy pop does not show up)

Oh my god it actually worked, THANK YOU. Took about a thousand times to get around the tree while dodge rolling but got to that first mountain warp point (Village Leader Hall), saved, loaded up the story save at Mountain Shrine, walked to the meditation point, and pressed triangle+start at the same time to load up the master save right away.  The scene would show the x to skip but wouldn't actually allow me to skip so I thought I did it too early.  It worked like a charm - trophy popped during the credits.

• Like 1

You should have a manual save where you have beaten the final boss and are near the final meditation point (just before the final-final cutscene), no matter which difficultu and then play the Master Guide until you can glitch through the bushes from the village to the bridge. Reach the mountain shrine, save near the warp point. Then load the previous, almost final save and do the trick mentioned - triangle + pause, load the Master Guide save (from the mountain shrine).

It seems that Mountain Shrine (the warp point near Toshi) and the Meditation Point after beating the Corrupted God have somewhat the same coordinates when it comes to starting points/hitboxes for cutscenes, therefore if you do simultaneous actions (like loading the save from one location and playing cutscene at the same time), it will register them both. Therefore, it doesn't glitch when it comes to the end od cutscene and checks it out as a finished Master Guide.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VER7UZ- said:

I cant jump for the Perfect Spot From the Mailbox. Am I jumping wrong? Your camera alswasys zooms to the girl in the air. Why? 

There is no need to do that. Read the first post again (edit 2) :)

Edited by Txustrilla

21 minutes ago, Txustrilla said:

There is no need to do that. Read the first post again (edit 2) :)

I dont have another file anymore only Master because this stupid deletet the old one. isnt there any other way to get the old savefile back? -.- im so tired of this game. Could someone help me with this? 

Edited by VER7UZ-
  • Like 1

What a great find. Thanks a lot!

I'm at the Woodsmith on Master now. I don't have a manual save of another playthrough. So now I'm torn. Do I replay story mode and do the glitch or just continue on Master and suffer.

I'll try do the exploit anyhow, I think.

Edited by WhisperingDusk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nanakiisnanaki said:

I helped VER7UZ- get all set up for the glitch : )

I updated the original post to have all the info we figured out together and posted a video tutorial

Can confirm. Nanaki helped me with it and got the platinum 5 min ago. Wonderful community. Thank you for the help nanaki and to the rest finding this solution. Saved many time and frustration. Hope the devs dont find it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WhisperingDusk said:

What a great find. Thanks a lot!

I'm at the Woodsmith on Master now. I don't have a manual save of another playthrough. So now I'm torn. Do I replay story mode and do the glitch or just continue on Master and suffer.

I'll try do the exploit anyhow, I think.

Oof, VER7UZ- had the same issue.

If you’re up for a little challenge you can speedrun through the game fairly quickly. The skips are not too challenging and it’s not like you’ll be going for world record. I recommend starting a new Story Mode game and copying the skips in this speedrun https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1229895097

You can skip the tutorial out-of-bounds skips, they are pretty difficult so just do that normally. The rest is doable for an average gamer. Start following along after the tutorial from @7:30 until he gets the Bow @14:40- that’s all you will need to beat Rot God. The only skip in the run that I had a lot of trouble with was at @10:52-11:06. I just did that short fight normally and then continued to follow along. He will do a skip right before getting the bow @13:00 that only works if you’re playing on PS5 on Performance Mode. If you’re on PS4, follow along until that skip, but instead just continue normally to the right from there and get to Rusu’s lookout for the Bow normally. After you have the Bow, go to my speedrun guide I posted above to skip to the Rot God. https://youtu.be/0WWifSZH3T0 

Once you have the Bow, you just need to reach the Warrior boss fight waypoint to boost to the Rot God. In my video I posted a skip on top of a mailbox that only works if you don’t have the Bow yet. Watch the speedrun on twitch again at @16:23-17:05 to see how to do this skip with the Bow and get to the Warrior boss fight. Don’t fight the Warrior, just go back to my video for an explanation on how to hyperdash from there to the Rot God. In the Rot God fight there is that platforming section where you shoot flowers to get across the floating rocks. Go back to the speedrun @28:45 to see how to do this section without the Bomb ability. It can be a little tricky. You need to jump on the frame right after your dash ends so you get an extra normal jump, then double jump and shoot the flower. Beat the Rot God and you will have the Mountain Shrine checkpoint for the glitch!

Oh and if you do this, the timestamps I mentioned are the video time, not the timer for his speedrun. I did it last night and the whole run only took me an hour or two. Good luck if you try it! Sorry you lost the original save

Edited by nanakiisnanaki
  • Like 2