2.08 Master Spirit Guide trophy skip/glitch/exploit

37 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

They seriously made it harder?

Yes 

Exploding enemies that latch on to Kena and blow up 

Also they can dive bomb Kena and blow up 

Also hitting them is like setting of a grenade - they will blow up. 

I stopped playing after dying so many times - it's just ridiculous 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, emailking said:

Is that on Master Spirit on NG+ only, or is it on other difficulties too? What about a non NG+ playthrough?

I don't know I didn't try it on other difficulties on NG+

As far as non NG+ that seems to have stayed the same from what I have played except for the addition of charms and hats - I also don't know if they count towards the 100%

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm if it is working on version 2.03? I am optimistic, here are the patch notes

• Fix for performance issues occurring after resuming an Activity on PS5.
  • Fixed issues making it possible to collect more than 100 Rot when replaying the game in New Game+.
  • Fixed a bug with the Shrine Guardian Combat Reflection Trial that prevented the bonus objective “Cleansing Strike” from being awarded.
  • Crash fixes.
  • Kena Outfit animation improvements and fixes.
  • Fixed issue allowing the Woodknight to attack during spawn animation.

edit: so far, a few people have confirmed it is working on 2.03

Edited by nanakiisnanaki
  • Like 3

On 10/1/2022 at 10:22 AM, nanakiisnanaki said:

Can anyone confirm if it is working on version 2.03? I am optimistic, here are the patch notes

• Fix for performance issues occurring after resuming an Activity on PS5.
  • Fixed issues making it possible to collect more than 100 Rot when replaying the game in New Game+.
  • Fixed a bug with the Shrine Guardian Combat Reflection Trial that prevented the bonus objective “Cleansing Strike” from being awarded.
  • Crash fixes.
  • Kena Outfit animation improvements and fixes.
  • Fixed issue allowing the Woodknight to attack during spawn animation.

edit: someone on the new video commented their game froze at the moment the credits are supposed to begin and the trophy is supposed to pop. If more people confirm the issue then I will try to find a new method soon. Hopefully it’s not gone for good

I just did it right now, it still works.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BrianMX34 said:

I just did it right now, it still works.

Awesome!! I’ve received a couple more comments confirming it is still working as well. The person that couldn’t get it to work must have used the wrong checkpoint for the glitch

edit: I have received even more confirmation it is working on 2.03. I am now updating the main post and video titles

Edited by nanakiisnanaki
  • Like 2

I confirm it as well. It works on 2.03. I must say I don’t feel proud of myself. But it really felt impossible. I plat’ed all Soulborn games and I’ve never struggled so much! Even having the most powerful charm (which took an hour or more to get). Screw it. 

PS: I had already reached Rusu’s backyard, went back to Village Leader Hall, which I opened much previously. I tried the glitch and it still worked fine. 

Edited by Sir_JechtSin
Added content
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Markemmanuel said:

about 15 I think

Can be done in 5 hours if you use that platinum speedrun guide or I guess 20+ hours. All depends on you really and whether you want to follow a platinum speedrun, use or not use the glitch or play completely blind!

• Like 1

On 24/10/2022 at 9:18 PM, Optinooby said:

Can be done in 5 hours if you use that platinum speedrun guide or I guess 20+ hours. All depends on you really and whether you want to follow a platinum speedrun, use or not use the glitch or play completely blind!

The whole game with ng+ glitch in 5 hrs? I haven't seen the speedrun guide but that sounds too short

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Markemmanuel said:

The whole game with ng+ glitch in 5 hrs? I haven't seen the speedrun guide but that sounds too short

No New Game + glitch, I did NG on Master difficulty. If doing the NG+ glitch, it would be even faster!!!

The general trophy guide estimates are based around playing it blind, using separate guides for everything, cleaning up at the end etc.......and that takes a long time!

The Platinum is very short when optimised, I as actually really surprised myself.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, emailking said:

Ok yeah if you're saying 5 hours without the glitch yeah it's possible but I doubt by most players.

Nobody new will do in that time without  following a optimal platinum guide that's for sure.

However, platinuming in 5 hours without the glitch for any new player is probably impossible.

In terms of estimates, a speedrun has 100% the game in 3 hours btw, just collectibles though, not platinum.

I think, if one really practiced, it could probably be Platinumed between 4 hours 30 and 5 hours. And if a little more optimal I'm terms of collecting fruit for Karma.

The glitch only adds 10 minutes but playing on easy speeds up everything!! Boss fights on master is quite long. You could platinum in maybe 4 hours or just under if using the guide on easy and being optimal.

I'm also confident a newcomer could platinum in 5 hours (excluding cutscenes) if following a optimal platinum guide and on easy.

Its all up to the player though and what they enjoy. 

Just nice to have options and I'm surprised nobody has provided this option for a fast platinum yet considering the games age. Plus it's mega easy with the glitch!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Damn i might have been super lucky. Just as i was about to quit out of the game after beating it on easy and back up my saves just to be extra safe. An update started downloading for Kena. 2.0.7. No idea if this patches the glitch but i don't want to find out. Thankfully i got it on 2.0.6 patch.

Edited by Quink666

3 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Damn i might have been super lucky. Just as i was about to quit out of the game after beating it on easy and back up my saves just to be extra safe. An update started downloading for Kena. 2.0.7. No idea if this patches the glitch but i don't want to find out. Thankfully i got it on 2.0.6 patch.

I just picked this up today, now I'm not sure if I should start.  Does the glitch work on the disc version?  So would I be safe just playing without updating?  Or was it introduced in one of the patches?  All I could find on 2.0.7 was that it added holiday hats to the enemies or something like that.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WimpyBadger said:

I just picked this up today, now I'm not sure if I should start.  Does the glitch work on the disc version?  So would I be safe just playing without updating?  Or was it introduced in one of the patches?  All I could find on 2.0.7 was that it added holiday hats to the enemies or something like that.

It was another glitch in 1.0 but it was patched very soon. Then the disc was released with 1.06 with no glitch. The devs made another glitch in 2.0.2 which is working until 2.0.6.

in the video there’s a comment says there’s an invisible wall. Please be advised.

Edited by archangeltw_

1 minute ago, archangeltw_ said:

It was another glitch in 1.0 but it was patched very soon. Then the disc was released with 1.06 with no glitch. The devs makes another glitch in 2.2 which is working until 2.6.

in the video there’s a comment says there’s an invisible. Please be advised.

I guess I'll install it with the current patch and wait to see if anyone confirms the glitch still works before I play it.