May 2022's PS+ Games - Tribes of Midgard, Curse of the Dead Gods, and FIFA 22

Abby_TheLastofUs

image0_jpg_800x0_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

The leaker is always @Dealabs, so I think we can stay assured that these are gonna be the games for May

FIFA 22 (Ps4-Ps5)

Curse of the Dead Gods (Ps4) [No Trophy Guide]

Tribes of Midgard (Ps4-Ps5)

FIFA 22 heralds the next generation of virtual football, and while it doesn’t reinvent the ball, the attacking and defending gameplay gains moment-to-moment fluidity. Goalkeeping blunders and visual inconsistencies aside, this year’s FIFA is still one of the most nuanced and enjoyable multiplayer sports games on the market, and new additions across Career Mode and Volta Football have made FIFA’s major modes more fun to play. Microtransactions still loom large, but small iterative changes and the horsepower of new-gen consoles combine to make FIFA 22 feel like a worthwhile upgrade without needing anything revolutionary or terribly exciting from EA’s side.

Metacritic: 78

User Score: 2.8

==========

Even without the curses themselves, Curse of the Dead Gods would be a standout roguelite with excellent combat, a smart structure that eases you into its difficulty, and a great variety of enemies, traps, and bosses across its three distinct temples. That strong foundation is only made better by the fun randomization curses bring to each run, on top of the added strategic element that comes with having to balance the need to gear up quickly with the fear of taking on more corruption than you can handle. Its between-run progression systems didn’t do much to hook me compared to the simple drive to best its hardest challenges, but even without that carrot on a stick, Curse of the Dead Gods is a blessing in disguise.

Metacritic: 79

User Score: 7.6

==========

When you're playing with your whole clan, Tribes of Midgard is an exciting, hectic, co-op rush to hold off enemies and the elements – It's just a bit too unforgiving if you want to go it alone. Slaying a mighty jotun and racing against the coming of Ragnarok makes for plenty of Norse-flavored fun, but I longed for the chance to explore and interact with its world and systems with less constant upkeep, and at my own pace.

Metacritic: 71

User Score: 6.8

Edited by Sailar91
  • Like 3

Curse of the Dead Gods - I see this on Steam all the time. People tell me it's good, but seems like another Diablo-clone at first glance. Add it to my 'eventually try' list.

Tribes of Midgard - Don't know this one. Looks like another Diablo-clone with some base building mixed in. Like the OST samples in the trailer. Also going to my 'eventually try' list, maybe a spot higher than Curse of the Dead Gods.

FIFA 22 - Sports game. That's my only comment.

Couple interesting things and the usual sports game tat. Not terrible month.

5 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

... Man, do you just play a lot of Diablo, or not a lot of things that aren't Diablo? Curse of the Dead Gods is a roguelike, so unlikely to be anything like Diablo.

It's nothing like Diablo - more like Hades without the narrative hooks, mixed with the variety and build-decision making of Dead Cells, with combat similar to Bastion.

• Like 1

I was about to buy Curse of the Dead Gods a week ago, but decided to wait because of my backlog - now I'm glad I didn't buy it ?
Tribes of Midgard looks interesting - top down game, norse mythology, comedy elements; all the good things! Will add that to my neverending backlog as well ?

Fifa can just go away.

• Like 2

Really doubt if FIFA really is one. It has never been and is always selling well (still top10 in many countries at least) so I think it is strange. I would like that since I like FIFA but have not bother this year (for the first time) to buy it. Would be great if true for me. But somehow doubt it. Unless this might be a new effort from Sony until june to appeal to a wider audience regarding PS+.
The others I am not familiar with, can't comment.

bmg_ps.png

5 minutes ago, bmg_ps said:

Really doubt if FIFA really is one. It has never been and is always selling well (still top10 in many countries at least) so I think it is strange. I would like that since I like FIFA but have not bother this year (for the first time) to buy it. Would be great if true for me. But somehow doubt it. Unless this might be a new effort from Sony until june to appeal to a wider audience regarding PS+.
The others I am not familiar with, can't comment.

bmg_ps.png

Yea it’s pretty strange to see FIFA on this list, but I read that this year it didn’t sell like all the other years, maybe it’s a move by Sony to make more people subscribe? 

3 minutes ago, SP71Q said:

It'll just be Tribes of Midgard for me. The other games I have no interest in.

Curse of the Dead Gods it’s a pretty good rogue like, but very difficult 

4 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Best thing to do is expect total shit each month. That way each month when you see what's coming up, you won't feel disappointed.

I get regularly updates on my phone reminding that I haven't grabbed all the latest games yet. Sony can't even give them away, even if they're free.

Scrolling down the download list on PS3 and Vita systems is such a pain, I'd honestly rather nothing, than games I'll never play.

I’m only hoping that they are keeping all the good titles for the Premium Plus, if not they have to change ASAP 

• Like 1