Ich1994-1994

List of Ps4 Games better to be played on a Ps4 (instead of on a Ps5)

25 posts in this topic

None of these videos linked are mine, but I'm just using them as examples to demonstrate the issues these games have on PS5:

Ape Escape 2:

Has a lot of rendering issues, tons of flickering and graphical glitches on pretty much everything. Seems to be an issue with the PS5 emulating the PS4 version which is emulating a PS2 game. Many PS2 classics sadly have similar issues on PS5, such as:

The Warriors:

As with the previous game, there are several issues with rendering, causing tons of in-game objects to have weird flickering issues.

Manhunt:

Yet another PS2 classic that suffers the same rendering problems, causing graphical glitches and flickering.

Primal:

Surprise surprise, it's another PS2 classic. Though this one seems to have much more minor graphical issues.

Sea of Solitude:

Not a PS2 classic, but has severe graphical glitches. As of at least February this year, this has not been fixed.

Agents of Mayhem:

I don't know if it was ever fixed, but it used to be that turning on HDR in the game's menu caused it to crash when playing on PS5.

I've heard from my friend that all Senran Kagura titles might be glitchy on PS5. Needs verification though,

Posted (edited)

People reported that Prey has major issues on PS5

confirmed to not be true

Edited by Mori

Posted (edited)

Shadow of the Colossus Remake 2018 on PS5 BC has severe texture streaming/loading/LOD issues, on PS5, the game has lower quality assets than base ps4 because it doesn't load them properly, this is not in all areas so at first you might think it's ok, but as you play the game, you will start to notice that the world around you looks stranger and stranger

the same thing also happens in Horizon Zero Down but to a much lesser extent

Edited by The Investigator

10 minutes ago, Mori said:

People reported that Prey has major issues on PS5

I played Prey on PS5 for about 10 hours or so and did not notice any issues. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Has glitching lighting issues.

8 minutes ago, HusKy said:

I played Prey on PS5 for about 10 hours or so and did not notice any issues. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I believe some post processing is missing, and it doesn't fallback to PS4Pro mode, but base PS4. It runs at a stable 30fps, so it's a bit of pick your poison with this one.

Tomb raider : temple of osiris 

Lots of flickering issues on the ps5, has to do a lot with the height in game, it's pretty funky

TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan - you can't enter the mp lobby on PS5. Not sure if there are other issues as this was a showstopper for me.

Disc Jam - I was self-boosting and was consistently unable to start a match between a PS4 and a PS5. Accounts would match but it would end immediately with no points awarded. No issues when using two PS4s. 

a friend of mine says there is a problem with Alien isolation on ps5 along with the dead island games

6 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

a friend of mine says there is a problem with Alien isolation on ps5 along with the dead island games

Could you specifiy whats the problem?

Updated until here

Just now, Ich1994-1994 said:

Could you specifiy whats the problem?

Updated until here

For dead island if you play with a buddy on ps4 and so on or anything tied to co op as it crashes for either the host or co op partner as for alien a lot of problems with the sound from what I know

XIII Remake

Not that it plays well on PS4 either but it doesn't run at all on PS5. Crashes upon starting missions, some taking 15-20 restarts before it works only to crash 20 seconds later when fighting an enemy.

Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition is virtually unplayable on PS5 since there is a huge input leg delay, plus the game will crash at the end of every level when playing co-op.

Bummer to hear about Shadow of the Colossus and Alien Isolation. When I was researching and compiling my list of games to move to PS5 for improvements those two didn’t come up as having errors, only improvements. I used a couple sites in addition to this spreadsheet on resetera. On it you can see there’s a couple dozen games that have errors in addition to the 12 games that are not compatible with a PS5. Look for the red boxes on the spreadsheet for problem details.

I played Alien Isolation on my PS5 and had no issues with it at all.

45 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

I played Alien Isolation on my PS5 and had no issues with it at all.

Awesome to hear :) I’m going to go for it. On that title I want to play for the all encompassing audio on the headset I have hooked up to the PS5. Should be a scary good time.

Posted (edited)

I think you'll find some additional information here:

Props to you if you plan to keep this list ongoing.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

Didnt you tell me that Prey runs dogshit on PS5 apparently? :D Anyway great to hear it is not the case.

3 minutes ago, Mori said:

Didnt you tell me that Prey runs dogshit on PS5 apparently? :D Anyway great to hear it is not the case.

Yes could be me. That's what I heard but then I played the game and it ran fine. This is how bs rumors spread I suppose. xD

Posted (edited)

I can add to the list THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000  which is, a PS2 classic. Not sure whether the ACA versions on the PSN store suffer the same fate but the textures are always glitching while playing and there is input delay. It hasnt crashed and is playable for the most part, I havent been able to finish an arcade run but thats moreso on time than on the game. 

Edited by WorldsBestSpy

Posted (edited)

1. Robinson: The Journey - Since it cant be played on PS5 :P

2. WRC 5 - Screen tearing on PS5, seems fine on the PS4

Only two that have had a noticeable difference so far that I have come across. Sure there is plenty more.

Edited by RDT1
typo

16 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I think you'll find some additional information here:

Props to you if you plan to keep this list ongoing.

Thank you i will look throught this.

i do plan to keep this list going.

RIGS: Mechanized Combat League (PSVR)

After matches you are met with a blinding white light in the headset. 

Regarding Mortal Shell flickering, that's not a PS5 issue I believe, as I've experienced it a few times while playing the game on PS4 Slim. I think it was during a fight with that boss you encounter multiple times, when acquiring a new weapon or something like that. Whichever fight/boss it was, this definitely happens on PS4 as well.