Did you replayed the story after getting the Plat?

RinkuKulkan

The Walking Dead games have a great replayability value from the different scenarios you get while playing. As the opening screen says: "The story is tailored by how you play" Your choices (and failures) create your own experience in the game, so going back and trying to make a different choice for a different outcome in the story is part of the gameplay. However, the trophy list for this game ignores this fact entirely, asking you to only play this game once to achieve the Plat. Whatever story you got, is as good as any.

This made me wonder. Is replaying the game after the getting the Plat worth it? Does the story changes drastically, specially near the endgame? Did you replayed the story after getting the Plat?

I replayed the game a few times. I love this game but the major disappointment when you replay it is that you realise that different choices make very little difference to the story. The game will progress in an almost identical manner irrespective of choices made. 

• Like 1

On 26/4/2022 at 11:29 AM, JoesusHCrust said:

I replayed the game a few times. I love this game but the major disappointment when you replay it is that you realise that different choices make very little difference to the story. The game will progress in an almost identical manner irrespective of choices made. 

What a shame. I thought the game would've create different scenarios depending on your choices.

As I platinumed multiple versions, I can safely say: the first and second playthrough are interesting. After that it's very boring.

However, letting the game run by itself and only interacting when necessary matches the estimated time to complete the game as stated in trophy guides.

helloImD.png

• Like 2

I did, two more times. Telltale's new style of narrative was still fresh when this game came out, so I wanted to see the 'other' paths.

While I was not disappointed back then, as I was kind of hyped with the story, it became stale enough to make me play Telltale games the next years just once.

And yeah, " The story is tailored by how you play", my ass.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, helloImD said:

As I platinumed multiple versions, I can safely say: the first and second playthrough are interesting. After that it's very boring.

I'm considering playing the PS3 and the Vita versions, thanks for the head up

Replayability came to my mind when...

Spoiler

Kenny "died" (?) after trying to save Ben, so I thought letting Ben die minutes earlier in the game would change that, among other things. But I guess there's so many changes the story can get before being repetitive

• 2 weeks later...