PlayStation has created a Game Preservation team!

Rebourne07

As long as his job is about helping developers save/store/retain the original code for a game then he is really performing the role of game preservation. 

If his job does anything to provide games to gamers then he will just be the new Gio Corsi. That isn't game preservation.

Game preservation is one thing, but copyright is still a stone cold bitch. Color me intrigued though. I hope this team takes this so called “preservation” all the way. It has been a growing problem in the industry and I will only have praise for those who intend to make sure legacy titles are not swallowed up by the fabric of time.

Still is unknown if these upcoming “classic games” on PS Plus will be able to be purchased separately, or if those who invested in classic game licenses on PS3/Vita will be cut a break. Holding out for more information. 

Edited by ShonenCat
  • Like 3

I’m...skeptical. I don’t know exactly what they mean by “game preservation.” 

In my case I’d like it to mean the PS3 & Vita stores being revived fully (instead of being on life support) and them allowing devs to relist games, and in the Vita’s case, add new games, to those stores. I’d also like it to mean more PS2, Vita, and PSP games, and heck, throw some PS1 (and trophyless PS3) games in there too remastered with trophy support. It’d also mean doing something about online only trophies-making them legitimately achievable once a service for a game goes offline. But lol, who am I kidding, THAT won’t ever happen. 

Personally I’m not holding my breath until I actually see some positive outcomes from this. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y
  • Like 2

This will finally be my chance to play The Culling 2! 

Is it a good game? No.

Is it a game that I would play for trophies? No.

Does it apptimize everything wrong with how disposable publishers and developers see there own games? Eh, kinda.

Would I be happy if it came back? You know what, No it looks awful.

That was a waste of my keyboard's finite life... This is good I approve, hopefully they make access to rare old games possible again. I've been wanting to play the original Personas and not just the psp remakes.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Did a mod stealth change my title? Is that allowed? I created this topic as "Playstation creates Game Preservation team" or something along those lines and now it's "Jim Ryan creates a Game Preservation team for Playstation"

I didn't mention Jim Ryan at all...who did this and why?

Lol, even the mods are trolling (or bored: these days.  ?

Including Jim Ryan (or any head of company) in the title is always sure fire way to create drama as seen already in the replies.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

If they can make it so that I can play these games on the PS5 through emulation

- Fallout 3 with all the DLC

- Fallout New Vegas with all the DLC.

- Red Dead 1 With all DLC

- Xcom Enemy Unknown with all DLC (And Enemy Within)

I'll pay them whatever they want.

Depends on how they go about it, either a general emulator through every game like the launch ps3s. Or the xbox route where each game is tailored to run on the system, which requires licensing through the original developer

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

Lol, even the mods are trolling (or bored: these days.  1f602.png

Including Jim Ryan (or any head of company) in the title is always sure fire way to create drama as seen already in the replies.  

Right? lol 

I wonder how often titles are changed like this...I don't like it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Right? lol 

I wonder how often titles are changed like this...I don't like it. 

It happens all the time, usually for completely arbitrary reasons as was the case here. I suspect it's the same mod who has been messing around with one of my thread's as well. But hey, the mods know best, right? We're not allowed to question anything they do. ?

• Like 2