Sonic 1,2, and CD delisting May 20

MidnightDragon

16 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

This refers to the PS3 version of the games, correct? Great, time to jump through hoops again to be able to purchase a few games...

Yeah. Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles are being taken down on PC and XBox. Switch will keep Sonic 1 and 2 for now.

Yeah this is due to the new remasters coming up, they probably don't want people confused and buy the wrong titles, which sucks admitedly

I guess for those that don't have it's now or never, as they are solid titles with a decent trophy list.

This is stupid. But alas, there are options. This is no doubt because of the Sonic Origins collection coming out and that’s just Sonic 1-3, Knuckles, and CD. If anything try to find Sonic CD but the rest we have seen on other fairly recent compilations countless times. No need to dig out that Genesis/Mega Drive haha. I’m good with these three compilations and Sonic CD as standalone. Origins can f off.

Sonic Mega Collection Plus-PS2, XBox, GC, PC; $10-15 used.

Sonic 1-3, Knuckles, 10 more games, no Sonic CD.

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection-PS3, 360; $15-20 new.

Sonic 1-3, Knuckles, 45 more games, no Sonic CD.

Sega Genesis Classics/Sega Mega Drive Classics-PS4, PC, many other systems; $25-30 new for physical, $30 digital, digital on sale for less than $10 currently.

Sonic 1-2, about 50 other games. Sonic 3 & Knuckles available on PC version only. No Sonic CD on any versions.

• Like 1

Thank god I have these Sonic games on ROMs and Emulators. Own the actual physical games. Bought these years ago on my main account, so if I feel like revisiting them, I'll just redownload them.

Seeing the obvious monetization for this upcoming Sonic collection has me a little heated. Just give us the complete collection without charging more money for that crap. Don't deliberately break it down so we have to pay for this shit separately. These publishers have seriously lost it, but as they've gotten richer, they've only become more greedy.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

I have all 3, but I call Bullshit!

At least they were kind enough to tell you in advance, unlike Konami.

I mean these games are not available in physical.

How much longer before Sonic Episode 1 and 2 and Sonic Adventure etc get delisted?

BULLSHIT!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Speaking of which, I still need to 100% Sonic Adventure 1 & 2.

Good luck with the 1st one. You basically gotta 100% everything, and then 100% everything on the DLC too, just for one gold trophy :)

Never really got in with SA2. Dunno why, I just didn't like the robot stages with tails with robotnik and that's like a third of all stages...

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2