Merging forums for regional and cross-platform stacks?

Hi all, long time lurker and occasional poster here. I was just wondering if there was a deliberate reason game stacks link to different forums. It can sometimes be cumbersome to find info or threads on a game if there are multiple stacks and versions. I’m assuming it was just coded without that in mind, but I have zero understanding of how much work something like that would be to implement, or if I’m even the first to suggest it. 

Otherwise, I love this site and super appreciate all the work the admins and mods do to keep it running! I sink waaaay too much time here ;)

• Like 2

Although I agree it would be nice in some ways, I don’t think this is a good idea. Glitches/crashes/performance issues/etc exist on some platforms, and not others (off the top of my head, Cyperpunk 2077, Night Trap, Bayonetta-and I’m sure there are countless other examples). And sometimes regions can be on different patches. Games/DLC are available in some region’s stores and delisted in others. 

TL;DR: Merging the threads (if it were even possible) would create more problems than it would fix, IMO. 

Nah, they should probably stay separate, especially for certain games, such as Aliens FireTeam where PS4 was so much different to the PS5 version. Not having 8 forums for a shitty stack game though, would be nice.

Not really related to forums merging, what I would love though is some sort of crossplay trophy tracker merger system on the actual Playstation system.

It's annoying that my PS5 friends who play Elden Ring, I can't compare trophies and time stamps next to each other with them, because they are different trophy lists. Even though in many cases we actually earned the same trophy at exactly the same time.

Edited by enaysoft