PS3 trophy hunting feels much more satisfying

GUDGER666

Yes, modern games aren't remotely as challenging as the PS3 era was as far as getting platinums. Developers figured out awhile ago that they'll sell more games if they simplified the trophy lists and that's where we're at now. Most AAA games these days aren't challenging at all and some don't even require you to play the game to 100% completion like Horizon 2. It's made modern trophy hunting much less prestigious and more trivialized which is why I've also been going back to the PS3 gen more and more lately. 

Also the fact the games themselves were better back then but that's just my opinion. 

I've been playing mostly PS3 games for the last two years in an attempt to finally finish off the backlog and I have to say that I agree. I avoid the "easy cheesy" games that have released in droves since the PS4 came out but even aside from those finishing a PS3 game with a good trophy list just feels more rewarding somehow. It's not really a matter of difficulty, I just think lists for even AAA games on PS4 are more standardized. And the trophy notification on the PS3 is definitely still my favorite even if that is just nostalgia talking. 

• Like 1

I share the same sentiments. The PS3 has always been my favorite console when it comes to trophies and it will (probably) forever stay that way. If I was chasing the leaderboards, I would have no choice but to spam easy PS4 games for trophies (nothing wrong with that either if it's something you enjoy... just not for me). Thankfully, I don't care about my leaderboard ranking so I can enjoy more fantastic PS3 games and take my time with them. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

It's the DING! I miss that sound 1f622.png

^This x 10000. In a few months I will be moving to my own place, and I'll have a gaming room with enough space to have both my ps3 and my ps4... and I'm very excited to start finishing my older ps3 games, my backlog hurts each time I see it...

• Like 4

Good to know you are enjoying getting platinum trophies on PS3. An underrated system with amazing games too. Hoping to finish some of my PS3 games in the summer that have been sitting there for like 8 years or so. 

1 hour ago, Fr_0zt said:

Also this. Man I miss the ding. 

• Like 3

I had 47 platinums on my older account that was just PS3. I also loved a lot the PS3 back then, even now i still have games to play it on. And will continue to try and platinum a few games from the PS3 era. 

I also enjoy challenging games, PS4/PS5 has a lot of them. But it also has a lot of bullcrap games too with way to easy plats. I also bought a few of these more "Shitty" games just to increase my overall trophy stat but, it felt extremly pointless... I kinda feel my account a little waxed with these games ? Since i have also difficult plats like The Evil Within, Sports Champions, all Dark Souls games, Bloodborne and Demon's Souls for the PS5. Also some really hard 100% games like Shadow of Mordor DLC was a nightmare, and then i also have My name is Mayo on the list and some other really easy ones, that i look at them i'm not that prond of, because i didn't even like the games... Still Finishin this Road Fury tho, extremly grind and also hard for a simple indie game ?

But yeah, i kinda miss the PS3 days... Still have some of the games there to play and plat and they will still take me some time to do so! 

I agree in part. PS3 games are more challenging and they demand more effort and requisites to plat. However, there are PS4 games with their own enchanting details and also they have their own level of difficulty. I have a big backlog on PS3 games and at this rythim, i will need years to plat/get the max amount of trophies of all of them. Right now i'm embarking on Okami. Yes it can be platinumed in one playthrough BUT i decided to play it twice. First one for the story and the lore, the second one to collect everything i'm missing. If everything goes well, the next one (digital of course) will be Resident Evil 6 with all the DLC (Christ, give me a hand with this).

Edited by Vampirehunter145
  • Like 1

I still really enjoy my PS3. Love the game selection. Someone mentioned where you don't have to worry about updates. I just hate the fact that many games I won't be able to Platinum many games because the servers are offline. I think that Platinum Trophies should not require online trophies. If you want Online Trophies, make them apart of DLC trophies. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fr_0zt said:

Yea on PS4 i hardly ever hear it. Can also tell if a trophy is about to pop on PS3 when the HDD light comes on. When doing a hard trophy i will look for the HDD light then watch the trophy pop haha. 

• Like 4