BOING Platinum Race Dood!

Dr_Mayus

*applause* Well done with this thread Mayus lol.

That's one hell of a challenge for both parties involved; though I'm pretty sure that Resistance 2 will hit completion first. The biggest factor in this being whether or not the MP is completed before the deadline; that's the interesting catch.

Also, as a side note: the Wdjat is an "all seeing eye"; as for why it's his username -- probably because of this:

PGD-068.jpg

You are correct sir, that is where my username originates from

• Like 1

I was thinking about going for the Star Ocean platinum a while back, so I took a look a my battle trophies I had from my last play-through (just over 30%)... :|  screw that, I'm going for Disgaea 4 instead, but enough of my rambling, good luck to the both of you.

• Like 1

That's one hell of a challenge for both parties involved; though I'm pretty sure that Resistance 2 will hit completion first. The biggest factor in this being whether or not the MP is completed before the deadline; that's the interesting catch.

Also, as a side note: the Wdjat is an "all seeing eye"; as for why it's his username -- probably because of this:

PGD-068.jpg

I see...now :ninja:

Hardly seems like a fair competition. The last hope takes like +350 hours to platinum

Anyhow best of luck to both yall

I think you are underestimating the horrible servers of R2. Son of a bitch these suck :(

This is a great idea, but maybe next time you guys should compete for the same platinum. I think that would make it fairer and more interesting  ^_^

Wdjat just said he was going for the SO4 plat and I said we should race, I was going to make this thread whether he agreed or not :lol:. Maybe in the future we will actually race on a platinum *looks at Tales of Symphonia preorder*

I'll give you guys one thing: this thread certainly inspired me to pick up Star Ocean in the near future.

I played it back at 360 launch; played the crap out of it. Then, when I found a copy of International, I'd held onto it until I basically went back to 360 (sold my PS3 collection a few times by now).

It's always been a bit of a rarity, so I suppose I should toss it onto my rental queue and see if I can do some damage.

He named himself after the all seeing eye? Lol, that's just creepy!

Anyways, good luck to the both of you! =P Remember to get minimal sleep, don't brush your teeth, only eat snacks, and don't work/go to school! If you follow those rules, you're sure to get the platinum first! (BlindMango is not responsible for any mishaps that occur if someone follows these tips).  :P

I seem to be the huge underdog in this race but no matter, Ill give it my all!

I see...now :ninja:

I think you are underestimating the horrible servers of R2. Son of a bitch these suck :(

Wdjat just said he was going for the SO4 plat and I said we should race, I was going to make this thread whether he agreed or not :lol:. Maybe in the future we will actually race on a platinum *looks at Tales of Symphonia preorder*

lol so I had no choice in the matter. I am getting Tales of Symphonia day 1 so we could do that.

Good luck to both of you.

I think the Dr will be getting his first though. Nothing against Wdjat or anything, it's just that grinding out kills is a lot easier than getting lucky. Don't be discouraged though! Just getting the SO4 platinum is a hell of a feat.

Resistance 2 is easy, you actually get it faster by not boosting. Not to mention he can just sit in the abandoned dlc and boost if he wants. The kill stats also increase over matches by about 20% of your kills (about 2-300 free kills)

Never heard of ocean but it depends on how arsed either person can be.

Resistance 2 is easy, you actually get it faster by not boosting. Not to mention he can just sit in the abandoned dlc and boost if he wants. The kill stats also increase over matches by about 20% of your kills (about 2-300 free kills)

Never heard of ocean but it depends on how arsed either person can be.

There is no empty dlc anymore with so many people boosting (which is what makes boosting almost impossible). Also I have gotten the opposite with the free kills as most of my kills haven't counted (I am missing about 600 kills) meanwhile my buddy has gotten 2000 free kills :(