Workaround found for Super Go Outside Trophy!

Just now, Deceptrox said:

I dont want to leave my console running even in sleep mode for 24 hours straight.

I doubt rest mode would work, but just out of curiosity, what's your perceived issue with rest mode?

My PS4 hasn't been actually powered down since I bought it (outside of system updates, I suppose, when it does an automatic restart) - I've only used sleep mode, and never once had any issue. I do the same with my PS5...

...is there something I'm supposed to be worrying about?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I doubt rest mode would work, but just out of curiosity, what's your perceived issue with rest mode?

My PS4 hasn't been actually powered down since I bought it (outside of system updates, I suppose, when it does an automatic restart) - I've only used sleep mode, and never once had any issue. I do the same with my PS5...

Nothing to worry about with rest mode. That's the whole purpose of it. :)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, II-BurnedSins-II said:

Each to their own, if you rather wait 10 years then good luck : )

I mean, if I wanted to achieve something I'd rather achieve it than cheat for a hollow victory and missing the point of the achievement at the same time.

I already got the 5 year version, by the way. Felt pretty good obtaining it legitimately rather than changing the clock. ;)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I don't know about you but I don't want to leave my console on or in rest mode for too long. If this trophy requires to have the PS4 running for a whole day then I guess the platinum is a pass for me. I will probably buy the game on a sale but I won't play it on my account unless someone finds a workaround to earn that trophy without having to leave the PS4/5 on for several hours.

Would've been funny if they actually shelled out to get a server just to track progress in this trophy to prevent changing the system clock, but then also that makes no sense from a business perspective as you'd be getting a slight bit of notoriety in exchange for having angry hunters not buy your game and, more importantly, having to maintain the server for 10+ years and inevitably getting shat on whenever it does get shut down.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 3

Screw that. If I get this game I’ll use the clock trick. I’m not waiting till I’m 53 years old to get one trophy in 10 years. I buy easy platinum games to get platinums, not wait 10 years to get one trophy. I could be dead by then or who knows what life changes will occur for anyone at any given time.

• Like 2

Interesting.  I've never seen a trophy like this before.  I think just for fun I'll buy this game specifically because of this trophy.  I wonder how my life will be like 10 years from now.  I would be finished college by then, gotten my first job in my career, and possibly have a significant other or seeing someone.  I hope I'll still be playing on the PS4 and remember this trophy when I'm 31 years old.

• Like 1

I was going to say that people might as well just do it legit (thinking it was 5 years) but wow 10 years? that's an overkill.  also playing this """game"""for 24 hours, really? 

I guess the dev think it's "quirky" or something, but it's just annoying.. this game has always been too pretentious for my liking