Workaround found for Super Go Outside Trophy!

11 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Way to feel old #134:

See a thread about a trophy that takes a decade to unlock, with people joking about eventually getting it when they turn… the age you are now.

1f636.png 1f61f.png1f602.png

Well... "it is what it is"

???

• Like 1

Look all i am gonna say is that if you wanna wait 10 years for one trophy to pop then be my guest, I ain't gonna sit and wait 10 years, who knows what will happen in 10 years, so many possibilities, things, events or even disasters that could occur, better to get the trophy now than later, as for the Tuesday trophy i think that one needs to be done legit since i didn't find anything for it, and if setting the year ahead makes me "maidenless" then so be it, I rather game anyway so i am not affected by it.

Edited by II-BurnedSins-II
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

Exactly what is the achieving part in not playing a game for 10 years?

This is why i did this trophy this way since the trophy itself sounds a bit boring IMO, It doesn't feel like a achievement if you don't touch the game for 10 years lol, maybe in 10 years you have already forgotten about the game.

While I would like to do the legit, 10 years is kind of absurd and I don't understand why they would change it from the original 5. Main issue is I don't see my save file being around for 10 years. Either my ps5 has to survive that long or I have to pay for psplus for 10 years to have the best chance of it not being deleted.

(Woo no more USB save backups thanks Sony! #fortheplayers)

• Like 1

Based on a thread I read on the Steam version of this game ( https://steamcommunity.com/app/1703340/discussions/0/3275815819055191361/?ctp=4 ), this trophy is beginning to look like a joke from the devs.  

Thinking more about it

What if this game gets DLC during those 10 years?  Will the counter reset if I decide to go after the DLC content and trophies?

Will any future game updates make a 10 year old save file incompatible?

I think I'll use the clock trick since it's beginning to look to me as a joke from the devs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

what's your perceived issue with rest mode?

Last time I used rest mode was in 2015. I was downloading an update for Assassin's Creed Syndicate in rest mode. After it was done, somehow my PS4 wouldn't turn on (the orange light was just blinking, no image appeared on screen), so I had to hold the power button to turn it off. I was able to use rest mode just fine before that.

I don't know if it was a hiccup or what, but I haven't used rest mode since -- I'm overly worried, and my PS4 has been fine. Cheers. :lol:

• Like 3

I think 5 years is somewhat reasonable for doing it legit, but 10 years is too much. That's almost an entire console cycle. What if your PS5 broke down and you lost your save. Do you restart from scratch and wait another 10 years? That's just too much to ask.

1 minute ago, whassupbun said:

I think 5 years is somewhat reasonable for doing it legit, but 10 years is too much. That's almost an entire console cycle. What if your PS5 broke down and you lost your save. Do you restart from scratch and wait another 10 years? That's just too much to ask.

Even moreso “too much” because it was 5 years in the original. 

I just wanted to give a huge shout out to the developer of this game who definitely isn't reading this thread.

Who definitely isn't having a blast reading and laughing at every post made on the Internet moaning about this 10 year trophy. (Probably with an alcoholic beverage at hand while he googles)

We all definitely don't salute you. Don't go outside! lol

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Herbalistiikka said:

I mean, if I wanted to achieve something I'd rather achieve it than cheat for a hollow victory and missing the point of the achievement at the same time.

I already got the 5 year version, by the way. Felt pretty good obtaining it legitimately rather than changing the clock. ;)

Yuck elitist crap doesn't belong here champ. You can wait 10 years. No one else will but

2 hours ago, zizimonster said:

I don't know if it was a hiccup or what, but I haven't used rest mode since

Rest Mode/Sleep Mode is ass on every device. You're better off not using it.

• Like 1

I reckon im going to do the wait! If in ten years i still love trophy hunting as much as i do now, its going to be really awesome. If I don’t care about platinums much when im 36 then it’s not going to bother me to much to have a random incomplete game haha. 

That trophy is crazy, man. There are probably gonna be the types who ‘Want to get the trophy fairly’ (not judging though, do what you wish) who will unironically wait 10 years just to obtain this as a last trophy for the platinum. 

Edited by BrettyBoy

9 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Last time I used rest mode was in 2015. I was downloading an update for Assassin's Creed Syndicate in rest mode. After it was done, somehow my PS4 wouldn't turn on (the orange light was just blinking, no image appeared on screen), so I had to hold the power button to turn it off. I was able to use rest mode just fine before that.

I don't know if it was a hiccup or what, but I haven't used rest mode since -- I'm overly worried, and my PS4 has been fine. Cheers. :lol:

I had this exact same thing happen to my PS5, was downloading a game one day so i decided "oh lets turn it to rest mode so its done when i wake up", went to sleep, woke up the next day and you guessed it, PS5 won't turn on (only seeing the orange blinking), so me ofcourse thinking by myself if the PS is broken or whatever, out of frustration was gonna look on the internet for a solution and saw that others have the same problem as well, so I just turned off the PS5 completely and then turned it back on, then comes the thingy with you turned your PS5 not off the correct way, bla bla bla we all know that, since that day i have never put my PS5 in rest mode ever again.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, II-BurnedSins-II said:

events or even disasters that could occur, better to get the trophy now than later,

Heh, and when said disaster occurs, you will be safe and happy with the knowledge that you got this trophy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrBeens said:

Heh, and when said disaster occurs, you will be safe and happy with the knowledge that you got this trophy.

I'm sorry but who even wants that? Like i said, if you wanna wait 10 years for one trophy to pop on your console then be my guest, maybe in 10 years we already moved on from the game, do you know what will happen in 10 years? the answer is no, maybe in 10 years you will be playing other games on a newer console, hell maybe the PS7 or PS8 is out, who knows what the future will bring. 

5 minutes ago, giinha said:

Discussions about trophies are getting worse every day.

All this because of a game that is clearly a joke? For God's sake!

The trophies might be a joke but the game deserves better than to be thought of as one.

14 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Way to feel old #134:

See a thread about a trophy that takes a decade to unlock, with people joking about eventually getting it when they turn… the age you are now.

? ??

Way to feel old #135:

See a thread about a trophy that takes a decade to unlock, with people joking about eventually getting it when they turn the age someone jokingly says is their age now, and that's still younger than you are.

• Like 1