Workaround found for Super Go Outside Trophy!

27 minutes ago, Samurai_SNAAAKE said:

I can't believe that people are serious here.
The Stanley Parable is a parody of videogames as a whole. Of all the tropes, quirks, decisions devs make in order to create a game. And achivements/trophies (which are some stupid crap most of the time) here are part of the joke, I mean look at them. And this one is no exception, it "rewards" you for not playing the game, which is the exact opposite of what trophies should do.

So I'm kinda astounded people here take it so seriously and throw terms like "elitist" and shit to people who get it and play along. Not to mention go around and crap on devs for making joke trophies for a joke game by coming up some hypothetical scenarios like "what if the world explodes the next day, how I'm gonna live without my precious platinum then?" and "what if there's a DLC" (yeah, like the original got some crazy DLCs over the years, right?).

Jesus Christ, guys, I do love trophy hunting and I care about games dying out like the dude on my profile picture, but really, go outside and touch the grass, this thread is embarrassing. And no, I'm not really talking about guys who just go and change the clock (it's not like people here don't use exploits for some glitched or boring stuff), I'm talking about silly excuses for it and shitting on others for just saying "it's pretty cool, I'm doing it legit".

Well explained, I created this thread for the people who don't wanna sit there and wait 10 years for one trophy to go into their trophy cabinet, I know the devs made these as a joke, I have played the Stanley Parable before, I know their humor and satire, they make the games just for fun and for people to enjoy it, the achievements/trophies are a joke as well, All i said was that we don't know what the future can bring to us, that's why i mentioned those things in the first place. 

Btw i touch grass, I go outside with family whenever possible, I even ask my friends to go outside and do things sometimes, but i have a busy life with work and things and so do my friends, they can't always say to me "Yes we will go outside because you asked so", that's not how it works and i don't always have the time to game, even i do game whenever im free i take brakes in between.

Edited by II-BurnedSins-II

2 minutes ago, Lonitx said:

Can this be considered as cheating? When reporting people for example.

Why would it be, your just changing the console clock. You could do this on the original PC release too for the achievement I think.

Fallout Shelter has the same clock changing trick.

When they put this trophy in they probably expected most trophy hunters to do it this way.

2 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

Why would it be, your just changing the console clock. You could do this on the original PC release too for the achievement I think.

Fallout Shelter has the same clock changing trick.

When they put this trophy in they probably expected most trophy hunters to do it this way.

I suppose you're right, it not like glitching to get a trophy or anything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lonitx said:

Nah - there's a few trophies around that require playing the game on specific days of the year...

...this one for example: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/4954-psychonauts/25-christmas-shopping

...and as you can see, folks are unlocking it all year round by doing this same system clock change.

No issues.

People love to think of inactivity as a skill, for whatever reason. Never have I seen more of this mind-boggling mentality as back when I was playing Animal Crossing.

"You're not playing the game right if you don't do ten minutes worth of content, turn it off and wait 24 hours for the next small ounce of content."

Yeah, knock yourself out if that's your thing, pal. I'm just going to change the clock to tomorrow and actually play the game. In the case of The Stanley Parable, the whole "do it legit" thing is even more absurd, because you're not even playing a life sim that operates in real time - (Super) Go Outside is just an arbitrary joke achievement poking fun at the whole system for kicks, much like every other achievement in the game. If you want to take a joke seriously that's on you, but stop trying to force your skewed views on others.

Edited by Umdytr

32 minutes ago, Lonitx said:

27 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

You could do this on the original PC release too for the achievement I think.

While it's true that you can do this on PC, the game gets invalidated in achivement hunting websites as per https://achievementhunting.com/rules#na-9

Just to point out, I don't think this should and will be considered cheating (especially in here), that's more of a random curiosity ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lonitx said:

This is not cheating, changing the clock on the system is not a cheat within the game, and it stated that its not flaggable so for that its considered that you can do it. 

16 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Way to feel old #134:

See a thread about a trophy that takes a decade to unlock, with people joking about eventually getting it when they turn… the age you are now.

1f636.png 1f61f.png1f602.png

hahaha my bad, i meant to say something more like "I can't believe this game came out on PC when I was 18 and I've been waiting 10 years to play it, and to wait another 10 for the plat would be madness" lol

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

I don't know about you but I don't want to leave my console on or in rest mode for too long. If this trophy requires to have the PS4 running for a whole day then I guess the platinum is a pass for me. I will probably buy the game on a sale but I won't play it on my account unless someone finds a workaround to earn that trophy without having to leave the PS4/5 on for several hours.

Nothing will happen to your console by running 24 hours without stop. Electronics are able to handle long periods of usage quite ok. Of course, provided your console is not a mess on dust and without thermal paste. I've seen normal computers in a lab/library running for 5 years+ without being turned off (well, perhaps due to lack of power they were for a bit, but still having long streaks of usage).

21 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I doubt rest mode would work, but just out of curiosity, what's your perceived issue with rest mode?

My PS4 hasn't been actually powered down since I bought it (outside of system updates, I suppose, when it does an automatic restart) - I've only used sleep mode, and never once had any issue. I do the same with my PS5...

...is there something I'm supposed to be worrying about?

Personally, I have an irrational fear of putting my PS5 in rest mode and still haven't (I always put my PS4 in rest mode, btw). At launch there were many claims of putting it in rest mode could cause console failure. I don't know if that was ever confirmed or truly widespread, but I figured why take the risk. And now, what, a year and half later... I still carry that fear lmao.

• Like 1

Just now, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Personally, I have an irrational fear of putting my PS5 in rest mode and still haven't (I always put my PS4 in rest mode, btw). At launch there were many claims of putting it in rest mode could cause console failure. I don't know if that was ever confirmed or truly widespread, but I figured why take the risk. And now, what, a year and half later... I still carry that fear lmao.

Actually - I do remember that vaguely... - I think the dudes on a podcast I listen to talked about that soon after the launch... ?

For what it's worth, my PS5 has been in constant rest mode since I got mine in July last year (aside from restarts for updates) and I haven't had any issues - so anecdotally, I think you're probably safe!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Way to feel old #134:

See a thread about a trophy that takes a decade to unlock, with people joking about eventually getting it when they turn… the age you are now.

? ??

Yet they keep moving up the age on which everything is supposed to be better. 50 is the new 30.

3 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

As someone who had a power cut whilst having the console in sleep mode cause the hard drive to completely corrupt, your fears are fully rational.

For the 24 hours trophy, I'm about 3 minutes off completing it, if nothing has been confirmed yet about if this method works, I will post a follow-up.

No workaround that I've tested with the clock seems to work, including changing the minute 1-by-1 using a macro, as the game in the background is just fully paused the entire time. That was with the PS4 version on PS5, so can't confirm outside of that.

Edit: Well I fucked up. The console changed the date automatically in the background at some point. Pretty pissed off with myself for that one, so still no answer from me if this method even works.

Edited by wltrsjcwvita
  • Like 1

Obviously the clock trick works for the ten year trophy, but how bout the Tuesday trophy? Can't you set the clock for midnight Tuesday morning, start the game, then change the clock to just before midnight Wednesday morning, and get the trophy? 

Or does the game close if you try to change the clock?

34 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Obviously the clock trick works for the ten year trophy, but how bout the Tuesday trophy? Can't you set the clock for midnight Tuesday morning, start the game, then change the clock to just before midnight Wednesday morning, and get the trophy? 

Or does the game close if you try to change the clock?

The game pauses, so it doesn't work.

It's 24 hours of game time vs 10 years of NOT playing, that's why the 10 year trophy is even remotely possible.

Never played this series and only heard about this trophy in my news feed, but this seems like a troll trophy to stick it to the trophy hunters than anything else. Even the 5 year one i heard about in this topic seems like a bit much. Me personally i would have that anxiety of looking at this incomplete list for the next decade when i know i can 100% it by getting this last trophy. Yes i have incomplete games, but those are games i know i couldn't beat. So it shouldn't matter if someone does this legit or by changing the clock. Heck I think they expect people to NOT do this legit. But again that is just me.

Follow the directions of the narrator... or don't. Either way is a legitimate approach. The [you] must do whatever [you] think is good for [you] and [your] trophy list. After all, the work must be done. After all, you won't play The Stanley Parable for 10 years anyway. You get the Platinum, you don't play it anymore. You don't get the Platinum, you don't play it for 10 years. The reality value of both paths are almost the same.

I really enjoyed the following from TrueAchievements regarding the above tweet:

What would The Narrator say?

To the 260 people that have unlocked the achievement: How do you feel after your lambasting? Was it worth it? Perhaps you just wanted to get it out of the way so you could spend more time admiring the Employee Lounge? Yes, that must be it. It is truly a room worth admiring after all, so I don't blame you. Thank goodness you unlocked that darn achievement so you could spend the rest of your days in what is truly a gorgeous, gorgeous room. What was it about that room that called so deeply and personally to you? Its grace? Its subtle charm? Standing in that room with the achievement unlocked you, for the first time, understood true happiness. You nabbed that achievement so easily; how could the developers overlook the time/date trick method? You felt glorious with your bending of the rules, but then, that feeling went away... and you felt sad again... You leave the room with one thought on your mind: "Time to fire up Kick It, Bunny! and unlock 3,000G in ten minutes. Yes! That will surely fill the gaping hole in my heart. That will make everything better." With butterflies in your stomach, you begin the game and pop achievement after achievement, and it feels just fantastic. You're on top of the world — look at all of that Gamerscore, LOOK AT IT! But as you set the controller down, that same empty feeling slowly creeps back... you look for another game and spot 2 Synchro Hedgehogs just sitting there in your library with its delicious 3,000G calling your name. You complete it... but the feeling creeps back, and the cycle of easy Gamerscore continues... for an eternity.

Edited by visighost
  • Like 1