Disney Dreamlight Valley (2023)

NetoStyle

Disney Dreamlight Valley is all about giving players the chance to live a magical life alongside iconic Disney and Pixar characters.

Gameloft Montreal are beyond excited to unveil Disney Dreamlight Valley, our upcoming life-sim adventure game headed to Early Access on PS5 and PS4 this summer ahead of our free-to-play launch in 2023.

52030251334_77098c4a59_o.png

What is Disney Dreamlight Valley?

Set in the dream world of Dreamlight Valley, players will embark on an enchanting quest to restore a once-idyllic village now desolate and full of night thorns. Uncover the mysterious secrets that led you to this new world and explore diverse realms inspired by classic Disney and Pixar worlds, while helping the iconic inhabitants of the town recover their lost memories. During your quest to save Dreamlight Valley, you will meet and build friendships with beloved characters from Mickey & Friends to Disney’s Frozen, The Little Mermaid, and Moana to Disney and Pixar’s Toy Story, Wall-E and more.

52030002016_fcf6681994_o.png

Create your own custom Disney experience

Try on hundreds of clothing items from an ever-evolving list of Disney-princess-inspired ball gowns, Mickey Mouse-adorned streetwear, or unleash your inner artist and design your own t-shirts, dresses, hats, and more.

Design the Disney and Pixar village of your dreams across multiple unique biomes. Outfit your village home with a plethora of interior decor items like Frozen-inspired antique kitchen designs and spice up the village with your personal creative touch, unlocking new items as you play through the game and build friendships with your Disney and Pixar neighbors.

52028955032_d37d8cc890_o.png

Disney Dreamlight Valley will be available in Early Access this summer to PS5 and PS4 players who purchase a Founder’s Pack ahead of the game’s launch in 2023.

During the Early Access phase, players will be the first to explore Dreamlight Valley and receive exclusive rewards that they will keep once the game officially launches next year.

Edited by NetoStyle
  • Like 2

Seeing Gameloft’s name on this makes me...not exactly encouraged. Their FTP mobile games are infested with micro-transactions and very hard to block video ads. This could easily be a heavily monitized nightmare. 

Although i I take a somewhat dim view of Disney these days, they were a pretty large part of my childhood (along with Mario and Spyro) so...hopefully this won’t be a disaster? But I’m not holding my breath until the game’s released. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

Seeing Gameloft’s name on this makes me...not exactly encouraged. Their FTP mobile games are infested with micro-transactions and very hard to block video ads. This could easily be a heavily monitized nightmare. 

Although i I take a somewhat dim view of Disney these days, they were a pretty large part of my childhood (along with Mario and Spyro) so...hopefully this won’t be a disaster? But I’m not holding my breath until the game’s released. 

Somewhat dim view?  the people over at disney have completely lost their minds.  they need to focus on their content and less on world affairs.  The company trashed star wars churning out movie after movie for cash which pretty much ruined it.  Now we can't refer to people as boys and girls or ladies and gentleman.  I say i have a dim view too.  To say the least.

As someone who grew up with 16-bit Castle of Illusion, Mickey Mania and Aladdin and loved the recent (-ish) “The Disney Afternoon Collection” I’m constantly hoping for Disney to do new stuff with their IPs but then disappointed to see their continued focus on Star Wars games (no thanks), the bloated mess that the Kingdom Hearts series is and mashed up “games as service” stuff like this.

I’d love to see a pure 2D platformer based on something like the aesthetics of the newer Mickey Mouse animated series’ (surely they could easily commission an established indie like DotEmu - see Streets of Rage 4, TMNT Shredder’s Revenge - who would be willing to take on a Mega Man clone that looks like this)…

fe484c51b6aac6bb87dd56556b3fb6f4.jpg

Edited by Tsundokuist

So weird how Disney is licensing 2 free-to-play console games around the same time.  And, yet again, only using the same rehashed characters and properties.  How can you have a game themed around this and not include the Br'ers, or at least Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah?  How can you have yet another Disney racer and not include Mr. Toad?

I love Disney, but I'll stick with the mobile apps that reach a broader audience.

• 2 months later...

Live Magically on September 6

"We're excited to share that Disney Dreamlight Valley has an announcement date for Early Access: Get ready to #LiveMagically on September 6, 2022! With the purchase of a Founder's Pack, fans will be able to play on PC and console, and Xbox Game Pass members will be able to play on the same date."

To celebrate, we've released a first look at the gameplay, which you can watch below.

On 4/27/2022 at 9:57 PM, NetoStyle said:

Disney Dreamlight Valley will be available in Early Access this summer to PS5 and PS4 players who purchase a Founder’s Pack ahead of the game’s launch in 2023.

During the Early Access phase, players will be the first to explore Dreamlight Valley and receive exclusive rewards that they will keep once the game officially launches next year.

Blog: https://disneydreamlightvalley.com/news/Live-Magically-on-September-6

Wishlist the game on PlayStation: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/disney-dreamlight-valley/

Edited by NetoStyle
Links that may be useful

• 2 months later...
On 4/27/2022 at 11:54 PM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

But I'll give it a shot if it has trophies.. who knows if it will. Can't imagine there's really that much to do lol.

Disney Dreamlight Valley trophy list has been revealed! 40-platinum.png

(It has a PLATINUM TROPHY)

It's always fun to see a F2P videogame with trophy support! I'll leave the link down below so you can check the trophy list!

ddv_key_art_3840x2160_e059989506.jpg

https://www.exophase.com/game/disney-dreamlight-valley-psn-2/trophies/

Edited by NetoStyle
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...