Breakable tool in new seasonal event

ZeromusF4

• 1 year later...

Cameras are also a very easy way to get broken tools. You can buy a new roll of film from the fox every day, and then another once you unlock the bear who's always asking for photos. Note that if you have the DLC and replace the camera bear with his DLC equivalent you will only be able to buy one roll of film a day until you max out the DLC bear's quests, then you can switch him out again. It takes like a minute or two to break the camera each time and you can break it twice per day. You can just delete the photos too so you don't have to clear your camera roll.

The accordion (not sure when you unlock it but it was fairly late into my game, like day 50+) is also not bad although it is expensive to repair. But it makes harvesting a lot easier and pays for itself if you have a bunch of fruit trees and flowers, which you should since maxing out the badges requires you do so and there's a bear who progresses with badge progress.

Edit: Accordion is definitely the way to go. With full groves of harvestable plants (flowers, fruit trees, berries) and just using the accordion, inching very slightly forwards, then using again, repeat, I was able to break the accordion sometimes half a dozen times in a day or more depending on how many of my plants were harvestable. It's expensive to repair but fruit is extremely profitable once turned into jam with Allison so you can very easily recoup the costs. Even with just flowers you'll be able to make your money back as long as you're not harvesting individual plants each time. Just remember to bring flowers to Francesca every once in a while so you don't run out of pigment for the repairs. Having started using this strategy a month ago I was able to get to ~130 tool breaks on day 88, and now I'm time traveling for the season trophies and the rest of the breaks.

If you make sure to break the accordion and camera every day you will easily get 150 broken tools by the time you're finishing up the other (non-time related) trophies, I think. It takes playing to day 70-80 to really start finishing bears' quests anyway, which is plenty of time.

Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 1