Np-8099-6 this content is not for sale

Zid960

Just got a few cross buys and when i whent to DL them this come up.

Np-8099-6 this content is not for sale or is

longer for sale

There no store for me now. I can still DL my own games.

Anyone know how to fix it? Or is this a new bug? Only time i remember seeing this is way back when a sale was over but the link was around still. 

• Like 1

This appears to be new. I also can not access the store.

The error code its give, NP-8099-6, means 'Server error: No such Category'. Tapping on the Top Downloads, Demos, Apps, and Free to Play categories on the live page works. But the Games, Themes, and Classics categories do not.

I was able to successfully 'purchase' and download one of the F2P games. So the issue seems to just be with browsing the store.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 1

I did a search as I am getting the same error and found this post. 

I just wanted to point out that all Vita content seems to be available fine via the PS3 Psn store. 

I am a UK/EU user too so not sure if you guys are in the same region, or other regions are affected. 

Hopefully it's just a bug or a network issue. 

• Like 1

The search function is on and off again (USA). If it works I'm buying a game, but then it stops working. I'll wait ten minutes and it might work again. Buying anything that I really want right now, but it only allows me to buy 1 item at a time.

Edited by Reign_Of_Fire88

have you tried to toggle off "connect automatically to this spot" in the wi-fi options? Because now if connect automatically to your internet spot or anyone nearby, you will not able to access the store. There's a video on youtube that presented the problem and this workaround as a solution. Try that.

Edited by APCGrayLocked

1 minute ago, APCGrayLocked said:

have you tried to toggle off "connect automatically to this spot" in the wi-fi options?

I've always manually connected to my WiFi (saves power having WiFi off), getting the exact same error code so unfortunately doesn't matter if you automatically connect or not. Definitely something up on the PSN Store backend for Vita.

Damn, as a person who is still hoping to pick up a Vita some day within the next year or two to play some of the games “trapped” on that console (or at least only available there in the PS ecosystem), this sort of thing + games being delisted randomly is incredibly disheartening. 

I really hope Sony does something about this soon, since they suddenly claim to care about “game preservation” now.