Don't come! Don't come!

You

Oh WOW I had no idea this was coming out! One of my favourite gun shooters, especially House Of The Dead 2 on Dreamcast.

Judging by the movies on youtube it genuinely looks like they've done a great job on remaking the original classic.

And it's on the store already!!! I definitely know what I am doing tonight. I wonder if it works with the PS4 move controller. I should hope so anyway.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Oh WOW I had no idea this was coming out! One of my favourite gun shooters, especially House Of The Dead 2 on Dreamcast.

Judging by the movies on youtube it genuinely looks like they've done a great job on remaking the original classic.

And it's on the store already!!! I definitely know what I am doing tonight. I wonder if it works with the PS4 move controller. I should hope so anyway.

I remember burning hours in the arcades playing House of the Dead and Time Crisis. I'm looking forward to this one!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Ok, so I just completed it, game is short, just like the original arcade, only 4 stages. Will take you about 15 minutes.

The guys have done a great job, feels just like House Of The Dead, and they've kept to the original cheesy dialogue script, not as cheesy of course, but good enough to fit the game.

Only fault I can give the game really is the awful sound when reloading, it seems to drown out the sounds and music for a split second too, no idea why that is the case.

There's also some weird FPS oddities. Game runs at 30fps, on PS4 anyway, but during some bosses it suddenly goes WHOOOSH and runs at 60fps. Most notable on the Spider Boss.

Like HOT3 and 4 and Overkill on PS3, likely a difficult platinum, although perhaps a tad easier than the other 3 games.

Getting a high score for certain endings and not getting hit for the whole game is probably going to be tough.

You can however just mash reload and shoot at the same time which makes things a lot easier. Although it messes up the audio quite a bit due to the awful reloading sound.

Probably pretty easy game if you have an auto fire controller where you can probably just keep shoot and reload held down at all times.

It's not expensive either and has a 10% PS plus discount. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who has played and liked any of the House Of The Dead games.

I saw an option for Motion Controller but did not test, played on DS4 controller with left analogue stick.

Is the coop stuff only local?

14 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Is the coop stuff only local?

Yep.

" Local 2-player multiplayer " as written on the store.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP3948-CUSA29480_00-7886092632498702

Game also boasts.....wait for it....

" Achievements "

lol. Nice copy and paste and lack of proof reading there Sony, is anyone surprised?

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Yep.

" Local 2-player multiplayer " as written on the store.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP3948-CUSA29480_00-7886092632498702

Game also boasts.....wait for it....

" Achievements "

lol. Nice copy and paste and lack of proof reading there Sony, is anyone surprised?

Nope hahaha and thank you! Didn't checked the description out. 

• Like 1

To whoever said it’s cheap, no it isn’t :’L not for a game that you can beat in under an hour, be it a remake of a nostalgic classic or not. With no online co-op included and no PS Vr or Movefunctionality either

£19.99 for a half-assed remake basically with audio issues or £17.99 with PS PLUS.

no chance

id drop £6.99 on this at best, before a discount

On 4/28/2022 at 6:07 AM, enaysoft said:

There's also some weird FPS oddities. Game runs at 30fps, on PS4 anyway, but during some bosses it suddenly goes WHOOOSH and runs at 60fps. Most notable on the Spider Boss.

Regarding framerate and watching several vids on youtube to compare, the game on all three Playstation consoles (PS4, Pro, PS5), is set for 60fps at all times, however the framerate is all over the place on base PS4 and the framerate swings wildly in the 50s, 40s and even sometimes the 30s. 

PS4 Pro/PS5 get a resolution bump and Pro sticks closer to 60fps while PS5 is LOCKED at 60fps, so definitely play this on the PS5 if possible for that locked 60fps experience.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChanelOberlin494 said:

To whoever said it’s cheap, no it isn’t :’L not for a game that you can beat in under an hour, be it a remake of a nostalgic classic or not. With no online co-op included and no PS Vr or Movefunctionality either

£19.99 for a half-assed remake basically with audio issues or £17.99 with PS PLUS.

no chance

id drop £6.99 on this at best, before a discount

Yeah but I've completed it about 20 times now. It's short but it has a ton of replay value.

Sure it has audio issues here and there, but how is it half assed? I watched a playthrough of the original arcade on youtube yesterday and my god, they matched up the enemy spawns literally exactly like the original. It has been decades since I even played the first game and I was not aware that it was literally a 1 for 1 remake. So in that respect, this is practically a perfect remake, in terms of replicating the original gameplay anyway. Even the recast dialogue is the same, exactly how is it half assed? Interested to know your reason why.

Sure I too wish the game had online coop and Move controller support at launch. I wish the loading times were better on base PS4 but hey, it's nice that the game is on PS4 at all. A lot of devs can't seem to support PS4 properly.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...