Servers gone. RIP Hyper Scape 2020 - 2022

WorldsBestSpy

Sometime in the early morning of Thursday, April 28th, 2022, Hyper Scape officially passed away.

Its now posted on the Ubisoft page as retired as well, video proof below.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/hyper-scape/gameplay/article/availability-of-hyper-scape/000101531

Availability of Hyper Scape

Hyper Scape was officially retired on 28 April 2022.

This means that the game, its website, and all related content are no longer available.

Personally, I genuinely liked this game, coming from Apex and Fortnite it was actually different and unique, and with work, it could've had potential, unfortunately under the influence of Ubisoft, wasting the hype ona PC only beta , and a horrible console launch, it was doomed. I remember wondering if I should've bought this game's first season battle pass. Somehow even in 2020 I knew, and I declined. I find it quite paradoxically sad that a game set in the future, has no future.

Rest in power, contenders.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, BCWrites said:

at least it was a 0%/F on my account, no problem hiding this one. would've liked to have gotten to it eventually, bit of a bummer but oh well

You do not have to hide it, you can simply remove it from your list since it is 0%.

• Like 2

Shutdowns are always sad, regardless of the game. In an ideal future, games will be maintained on alternate servers by fans or anyone who support. I believe it is a worthwhile cost to the community.

• 2 months later...

So glad I ended up randomly going for 100% at the start of the year and managed to do it. Only just found out that the servers have closed and it’s sad to hear, I enjoyed coming back every now and then just do play this unique and under appreciated game. I’d say it ended up easily being one of my top 3 favourite Battle Royale games. A nice couple low % trophies were nice to snag, would have been great to get a UR platinum out of it but oh well. Guess whenever I fancy a BR now i’ll have to get into something else. Maybe pick Apex back up, but that game is now very sweaty from what i hear ?