Why does turning the clock forward work for the 10 year trophy, but not for the Tuesday trophy?

36 minutes ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

Because it's 24 hours of playing the game vs 10 years of NOT playing the game.

If you switch out of the menu on the PS4/PS5 versions to edit the clock, the game pauses, therefore it does not count as playing the game.

So if the game pauses it doesn't count for the 24 hours trophy? I don't want to keep my controller on and on a charger for 24 hours.

44 minutes ago, XXIIlII said:

So if the game pauses it doesn't count for the 24 hours trophy? I don't want to keep my controller on and on a charger for 24 hours.

Fun, ain't it? Problem is that this achievement was designed with PCs in mind, as it was in the original 2013 game.

As the PC version doesn't pause when you go to your system clock, it's never been an issue up until now.

If you aren't willing to wait that long, then I would suggest waiting for a cheese strat to be found. However, I wouldn't get your hopes up without at least a patch.

15 minutes ago, Funky_Tiime said:

Eitherway i think there is a work around this trophy since someone already did it, considering today is friday, which means there is a way to platinum the game it's just a question how that person did it

I'm pretty sure they just changed their system clock to very late Monday, left the game running all through "Tuesday" for 24 hours and got the trophy, even if it wasn't really Tuesday.

Basically, this trophy requires you to leave the game running for 24 hours straight on a Tuesday, but doesn't really know whether it really is Tuesday or not, you can change that in the system settings.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Soraking1991 said:

I'm pretty sure they just changed their system clock to very late Monday, left the game running all through "Tuesday" for 24 hours and got the trophy, even if it wasn't really Tuesday.

Basically, this trophy requires you to leave the game running for 24 hours straight on a Tuesday, but doesn't really know whether it really is Tuesday or not, you can change that in the system settings.

Yup!

The workaround for the “on a Tuesday” bit of the trophy is easy - just change the date on your console.

It’s a workaround for the 24 hours part of the criteria which would be the real game changer.

5 hours ago, Soraking1991 said:

Oh alright good to know i had tried it and left my PS5 on before i went to school and it's still going so let's hope i did everything right and it'll pop up tomorrow.

While the game is on, it's constantly tracking the time you spend in it like a counter, so even if theoretically you could change the clock without pausing the game at all, it still wouldn't mean a thing because the counter hasn't had the chance to track all those seconds of a Tuesday that you just skipped, thus voiding the trophy.

When the game is off, it's not keeping track of a single thing, so you can deceive it however you like by changing the clock.

Hence, the trophy for Super Go Outside has a simple workaround and Commitment does not.

• Like 1

Some games continue to count gametime if you dont quit the game and put the console in rest mode, some games i played have 500 hundred or more hours of gametime recorded even though i played maybe 80 hours. Has anybody tried putting the console in rest mode while the game is running (on a tuesday)?

2 hours ago, gernboes said:

Some games continue to count gametime if you dont quit the game and put the console in rest mode, some games i played have 500 hundred or more hours of gametime recorded even though i played maybe 80 hours. Has anybody tried putting the console in rest mode while the game is running (on a tuesday)?

Putting it into rest mode pauses the game which would make the attempt invalid

I left my game on so it would run 24 hours but I forgot to turn of automatic time syncing, so by the end of the 24 hours the clock self adjusted and it took my chances of getting the trophy for the day, now I have to wait another 24 hours! Such a shame!