Couch Co-Op?

DarthPunisher

Source: https://www.co-optimus.com/game/6149/playstation-5/tribes-of-midgard.html

Tribes of Midgard

Co-Op Features in the PlayStation 5 Version
Popularity #4

Core Features

Local Co-Op
local_icon.pngNot Supported

Online Co-Op
online_icon.png10 Players

Combo Co-Op (Local + Online)
local_online_icon.pngNot Supported

LAN Play or System Link
syslink_icon.pngNot Supported

Co-Op Extras

• Co-Op Campaign
  • Drop In/Drop Out
Edited by gruffiiti
  • Like 2

How many players are recommended to play this game? 10 seems quit difficult to set up and kind of impersonal. Is the game fun with 3-4 players or do I have a big disadvantage compared to a full 10 people squad? 

Edited by OBSTINATIO

2 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

Source: https://www.co-optimus.com/game/6149/playstation-5/tribes-of-midgard.html

Tribes of Midgard

Co-Op Features in the PlayStation 5 Version
Popularity #4

Core Features

Local Co-Op
local_icon.pngNot Supported

Online Co-Op
online_icon.png10 Players

Combo Co-Op (Local + Online)
local_online_icon.pngNot Supported

LAN Play or System Link
syslink_icon.pngNot Supported

Co-Op Extras

• Co-Op Campaign
  • Drop In/Drop Out

Not what I wanted to hear, but it does answer my question.  Thank-you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/04/2022 at 11:55 PM, OBSTINATIO said:

How many players are recommended to play this game? 10 seems quit difficult to set up and kind of impersonal. Is the game fun with 3-4 players or do I have a big disadvantage compared to a full 10 people squad? 

I played and platinumed the game way back when it 1st came out here my experience  :

There is 2 modes Saga and survival 

Saga is a race againt time to beat the final boss before day 12 and Ragnarök

( endless night and winter ) 

Survival is endless with no Ragnarök 

- Randoms sucks big time especially in saga mode , the objective is to repair the bridge and open the gate before day 12 and kill the final boss this task is almost impossible with randoms I have done it maybe 5% of the time while playing with randoms as they don't know whats going on . So if you play with randoms and there is no hope of winning kill a few Jötunn and leave to Valhalla to get few golden horn .

The game difficulty ( boss HP & DMG/final boss HP) scales with the number of players so it will scale to a party of 3-4 players .

- the classes was and my guess still is hugely unbalanced most of the classes are useless except the seer because he can ignore/nullify temperature effect and you can explore freely , no other class have this as far as I know . Some other classes might be useful like warden and there is no other reason to play with other classes in saga mode .

- trophy wise : Saga mode is challenging but when you know what to do with a good team it become simple and just race against time to find everything you need before day 8-9 to kill the boss and leave .

- Survival mode which basically enlees mode with no end boss or Ragnarök  but with raising difficulty each day ( boss HP/boss DMG ) it get super tedious and booring after day 30 as by then you probably crafted everything and explored everywhere and just setting afk in the village only going out to kill the jötunn and waiting  for day 100 for the trophy to pop and will take about 16 hours to complete. 

Edited by AbOo-92-OoD
  • Like 3