How to get Commitment

I just got the commitment trophy from a semi-legit way. If you change your system clock in settings to any Monday (I used the 2nd of may) at 11:59 and load into the Stanley parable into the office, you have to wait there for 24 hours irl and the trophy should pop. It appears that changing the system clock means it can be started at any time and day your game just needs to remain unpaused (Can't 100% confirm but trying to cheat entirely which pauses the game doesn't work so I assume this is a condition) for 24 hours. For me it popped after 23 hours but that is probably just a bug.

Your time zone doesn't factor into this it's just your local system clock.

Turning off your WiFi is necessary as if you leave it on your clock might automatically re sync, or you could turn off auto re sync in settings

Edited by Frog-in-a-Cap
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Frog-in-a-Cap said:

I just got the commitment trophy from a semi-legit way. If you change your system clock in settings to any Monday (I used the 2nd of may) at 11:59 and load into the Stanley parable into the office, you have to wait there for 24 hours and the trophy should pop. It appears that changing the system clock means it can be started at any time and day your game just needs to remain unpaused (Can't 100% confirm but trying to cheat entirely which pauses the game doesn't work so I assume this is a condition) for 24 hours. For me it popped after 23 hours but that is probably just a bug.

Your time zone doesn't factor into this it's just your local system clock.

Note that I turned off my Wifi just in case my playstation auto resynced the time but this is probably not necessary

You know what's funny? I have been trying to do this exact same thing for almost the whole day until i gave up and went to play some HFW (Horizon Forbidden West), Well in any case congrats on taking the first spot in the leaderboard. 

I guess a 13th time won't hurt, gonna try it after work today when i'm home.

Edited by II-BurnedSins-II

Congrats for first platinum!

i think pause can achieve this trophy too,i played original games before and this trophy can be done with minimum windowed/sleeping/paused,but not shutdown PC.

but in PC,people always wait Monday to idle,not edit time to idle....or someone edit BIOS time can skip this part and get this achievement.

And for consoles,you can't minimum the game,only idle and don't switch to another game or turn off the console.that's very sad?

Anyway,thank you for you trying!

Last,this game really awesome,i love metagames,i want this platinum be my 100 platinum!?

3 hours ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

1f614.png

So based on your experience the time did change back automatically? I wonder if it's possible to change the date to just before a Tuesday and then count on the automatic change to correct the time to near the end of Tuesday so you don't have to pause the game.

5 hours ago, BARD_BARD said:

So based on your experience the time did change back automatically? I wonder if it's possible to change the date to just before a Tuesday and then count on the automatic change to correct the time to near the end of Tuesday so you don't have to pause the game.

In my experience the time changed back automatically, Turn of the wifi in your PlayStation

My time also re-synced automatically despite setting it manually, so basically I wasted a full day of potential playtime for nothing. What a piece of junk system.

I'm going to assume it was at midnight or something, but either way it seems that you either need to turn off the wifi as suggested, or just do this when a Monday's actually about to end.

Edited by Umdytr

9 hours ago, BARD_BARD said:

I like this idea, it could cut off a lot of time Afk’ing with the only downside being you have to do it on a Tuesday. I wonder if anyone has figured out when/how often it re syncs before

1 hour ago, Frog-in-a-Cap said:

I like this idea, it could cut off a lot of time Afk’ing with the only downside being you have to do it on a Tuesday. I wonder if anyone has figured out when/how often it re syncs before

I tried changing the clock and kept the ps5 on for about two hours. It didn't sync it during that time. I tried disconnecting my router and connecting it again to see if it synced when reconnecting to psn. Nothing. Tried rebooting the ps5 and it didn't sync the clock that way either.

Why doesn't it wanna work for me, turned off WiFi, put the date/time to 2/5/2022 at 11:59PM and waited in Stanley's office, did i miss something?

Or do you mean that after putting 11:59PM you need to wait 24hours in IRL (In Real Life) time? 

Edited by II-BurnedSins-II

41 minutes ago, II-BurnedSins-II said:

Why doesn't it wanna work for me, turned off WiFi, put the date/time to 2/5/2022 at 11:59PM and waited in Stanley's office, did i miss something?

Or do you mean that after putting 11:59PM you need to wait 24hours in IRL (In Real Life) time? 

Yes, there’s no way round waiting 24 hours irl as far as I can tell. I’ll make it clearer in the original post

@Frog-in-a-Cap Do you know if it's possible to tap the PS button during the whole thing? Not to exit the game entirely and go to the home menu, but just to get the overlay and check what time it is according to the system. 

(I mean this thing)

mvUgnjH.jpg

I'd like to check now and then just to make sure the time is still correct, but I don't want to risk that tap counting as a 'pause'. Did you do that at any point during your run?

Edited by Umdytr

Just now, Umdytr said:

@Frog-in-a-Cap Do you know if it's possible to tap the PS button during the whole thing? Not to exit the game entirely and go to the home menu, but just to get the overlay and check what time it is according to the system.

Yes, I did it a few times and as long as the pause screen for the game doesn’t show up it should be fine

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JustOneStingray said:

This seems to be cumulative and does not need to be done in 1 sitting. My clock reset after 21 hours after which I set it back to Tuesday and left it running for 3 more hours and it popped.

I think you are right, I have reason to think also that, some players obtain this trophy before the end of the day, and I have obtain it with four minutes early. And just before leave the console, I have tried five minutes maybe before verified if I configure correctly the date.

So as far as I can see here :

- Change the clock to the May 2nd, at 23h55 (just to be sure)

- You can pause the game

- It is cumulative (to verified, but maybe you don't have to do it during only one Tuesday)

- Disable the internet in the settings (to avoid re synchro), or just disable the internet synchro of the clock I think

And be careful to re-synchro your trophies after, I was little afraid that the trophy doesn't appear on my trophy list, but I had to re-synchro to be displayed.

• Like 1

It might be "cumulative" in the sense that if you missed a set of Tuesday hours on your first attempt (for example, the last few from 6PM to 12PM) you can then repeat just those same hours and get the trophy.

You definitely can't just stack up random Tuesday hours until you hit 24 total, though - otherwise I would have gotten the trophy much earlier during my second attempt. If this is what you guys are referring to, I can only imagine the trophy's bugged in a positive way, because it certainly is not consistent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Umdytr said:

It might be "cumulative" in the sense that if you missed a set of Tuesday hours on your first attempt (for example, the last few from 6PM to 12PM) you can then repeat just those same hours and get the trophy.

You definitely can't just stack up random Tuesday hours until you hit 24 total, though - otherwise I would have gotten the trophy much earlier during my second attempt. If this is what you guys are referring to, I can only imagine the trophy's bugged in a positive way, because it certainly is not consistent.

Now that you mention it, it does say very specifically

"Play The Stanley Parable for the entire duration of a Tuesday."

At no point does it say that it has to be done in one run. That's actually a smart analysis.

With that being said though, it is weird how this achievement was cheesable on both PC releases, especially given the revelation that you can pause the game and still get the trophy. Regardless, hopefully the theory that it can be done over multiple runs turns out to be true.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Umdytr said:

I started at 0:00, clock reset around 21:00 and then I reset it to 0:00 again and got it 3 hours later so not sure what happened in your case.

• Like 3

Since information out here is somewhat spotty and hard to completely corroborate without wasting a ton of time, I think I'll do it legitimately "I'll still probably change the clock to a Monday night before I start) for both PS4 and PS5. 

That said, if more people come forward with good ways to cheese it, I'm all for it. I just don't want to waste more time than I need to on it.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

Just unlocked it on both versions.

Changed my date to 2nd of May at 11:50pm and started the game offline with no pause, controller was on charger the whole time.

My time zone is GMT +4 if that even matters.

Edited by XXIIlII

So I started this trophy last night. It should be finished tonight. We haven’t had a Thunderstorm in ages. Guess what’s happening currently? 

A Thunderstorm.

Send me positive vibes so that my power does not go out and I don’t have to do this again! ?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Infaltrator said:

So I started this trophy last night. It should be finished tonight. We haven’t had a Thunderstorm in ages. Guess what’s happening currently? 

A Thunderstorm.

Send me positive vibes so that my power does not go out and I don’t have to do this again! 1f602.png

Got the trophy, but honestly was worried. It was a like a pile of Semi Trucks outside my house lol ?

• Like 2