How to get Commitment

So i have only paused my game once accidentally, but i read that it doesn't have any affect towards the trophy, I just feel wrong leaving my PS5 on for the entire day, I started at 11:55PM at a Monday and waited till 12:00AM on a Tuesday, I did this method on a Sunday in my real life timezone, the clock on my PS5 now says that its past 8AM (Almost 9AM i think) so hopefully when it reaches 12:00AM on a Wednesday the trophy pops, In real life time at the moment when im writing this its 2:16AM so fingers crossed.

Edited by II-BurnedSins-II

14 hours ago, mattfry94 said:

Hey everyone ?

I've just got this trophy and finished the Platinum and wanted to also add that I did my trophy in two stages and will lay it out here for you to also join in on what others have mentioned. 

- I switched my time to 23:55 on a Monday and let it roll over to the Tuesday

- I did one session of 8 hours and then went and played something else for a while. When I was ready to continue another session to finish up the trophy I switched the time back to where I had optionally stopped playing and then continued from that time. (I stopped at 8:40am and when I was ready to continue, placed it back to 8:35am and continued) 

- I believe you could do it in stages if you follow that principle! 

- Remember to sync your trophies once you're done

Hope this helps add to the thought of the trophy being a cumulative effort and most of all, believe in the bucket. Bucket it life ? 

Ok I'm going to use your method and do it in chunks. I turned off all my power saving settings, set it to Monday night at 11:57 pm, and left my controller plugged in. 

I'll probably quit out at around noon tomorrow and then set it back up around 11 pm and let it run overnight. That should work if I set the clock back just before where I left off, right?

14 hours ago, II-BurnedSins-II said:

So i have only paused my game once accidentally, but i read that it doesn't have any affect towards the trophy, I just feel wrong leaving my PS5 on for the entire day, I started at 11:55PM at a Monday and waited till 12:00AM on a Tuesday, I did this method on a Sunday in my real life timezone, the clock on my PS5 now says that its past 8AM (Almost 9AM i think) so hopefully when it reaches 12:00AM on a Wednesday the trophy pops, In real life time at the moment when im writing this its 2:16AM so fingers crossed.

So my run got completely fucked up since my clock decided to put itself on a random time, now i selected 9 May at 11:55PM and imma do it in chunks (I will do 8 hours one sitting and the other hours later.), I can't withstand this, this trophy is already annoying me.

EDIT: I just got the trophy, I have never been so happy in my life to get a trophy, holy shit this took me ages. 

Edited by II-BurnedSins-II

Since my thread has been closed for no reason at all, I need to ask it here because apparently 1hour and 24hours are the same.

"So i just looked out of curiosity at the 100% Club and saw that someone obtained the platinum in only 1hour & 11mins, I'm sorry but how is that even possible? For the Commitment trophy you need to wait the full 24hours if you are doing the other method than doing it legitimately, Is there a new workaround that i have not noticed or is there another way to obtain? Because i don't believe for a second that you can finish the game + get all the trophies in that amount of time."

28 minutes ago, II-BurnedSins-II said:

Since my thread has been closed for no reason at all, I need to ask it here because apparently 1hour and 24hours are the same.

"So i just looked out of curiosity at the 100% Club and saw that someone obtained the platinum in only 1hour & 11mins, I'm sorry but how is that even possible? For the Commitment trophy you need to wait the full 24hours if you are doing the other method than doing it legitimately, Is there a new workaround that i have not noticed or is there another way to obtain? Because i don't believe for a second that you can finish the game + get all the trophies in that amount of time."

Have you had a look at their trophy list? If not then do so and order by date.

50 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

Have you had a look at their trophy list? If not then do so and order by date.

He got it on the 29th of April, so there is a another way but I just couldn't figure it out, i even Googled for more fastest ways and came out empty handed.

10 minutes ago, II-BurnedSins-II said:

He got it on the 29th of April, so there is a another way but I just couldn't figure it out, i even Googled for more fastest ways and came out empty handed.

I don’t see how you can think this wouldn’t be possible.

Seems simple enough to me.

1. Disconnect from network

2. Set clock to just before Tuesday

3. load game for first time

4. Wait 24 hours until trophy pops

5. do all other trophies, including setting clock forward 10 years (all of which can presumably be done quite quick, if someone already knows the game.)

…so what’s the problem? :dunno:

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I don’t see how you can think this wouldn’t be possible.

Seems simple enough to me.

1. Disconnect from network

2. Set clock to just before Tuesday

3. load game for first time

4. Wait 24 hours until trophy pops

5. do all other trophies, including setting clock forward 10 years (all of which can presumably be done quite quick, if someone already knows the game.)

…so what’s the problem? :dunno:

You said "Wait 24 hours until trophy pops" but have you read what i said clearly? He got the Platinum in 1hour and 11mins, How is 1hour equal to 24hours? Explain to me how you can get Commitment in 1 hour, I would like to hear it.

19 minutes ago, II-BurnedSins-II said:

You said "Wait 24 hours until trophy pops" but have you read what i said clearly? He got the Platinum in 1hour and 11mins, How is 1hour equal to 24hours? Explain to me how you can get Commitment in 1 hour, I would like to hear it.

The completion time on this website tracks the time between the first and the last trophy popped. If "Commitment" is your first trophy, you can easily achieve a sub one hour completion time. That's what @DrBloodmoney explained in more detail.

• Like 4

On 5/2/2022 at 0:55 AM, Chaos_Bladez said:

Ok I'm going to use your method and do it in chunks. I turned off all my power saving settings, set it to Monday night at 11:57 pm, and left my controller plugged in. 

I'll probably quit out at around noon tomorrow and then set it back up around 11 pm and let it run overnight. That should work if I set the clock back just before where I left off, right?

This absolutely did not work for me, which is super, super annoying and a huge ol' waste of time and energy. Ridiculous. 

I turned off the internet, put the game at 11:57 pm on a Monday, left it on for 14 hours (until the console clock said 2:29 pm), quit out, played something else, set the time back to 14 hours after when I turned it off (I set it at 2:24 pm), left it on for another 10, and nothing happened. I am so mad that I wasted my time. Am I supposed to save somehow between chunks, @mattfry94?

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

Hi everyone. 

Just got it by surprise without "cheating" with date settings :

I let the game on since yesterday (monday) around 9pm and just got the trophy around 9pm today. Is the tuesday-thing a joke and you just have to play 24 hours straight no matter the day ? Or maybe does it has to include a tuesday ? I really don't know, but i got it... 

3 hours ago, Brastlink said:

Hi everyone. 

Just got it by surprise without "cheating" with date settings :

I let the game on since yesterday (monday) around 9pm and just got the trophy around 9pm today. Is the tuesday-thing a joke and you just have to play 24 hours straight no matter the day ? Or maybe does it has to include a tuesday ? I really don't know, but i got it... 

Well there is a little bit of a debate on that because look at the wording of the trophy:

"Play The Stanley Parable for the entire duration of a Tuesday."

"The entire duration" of a Tuesday is not necessarily the same as playing on a Tuesday. However, given how much of a colossal time sink this trophy is, it's hard for people to test. Most probably just want to be safe and will therefore do it on a Tuesday or mess with their clock settings.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

I just tested it again on PS4 (wanted to do this version legitimately).

• Can confirm keeping the game paused and your controller off works
  • Changing the in-game time to something random doesn't affect it (I didn't suspect it did, but wanted to check anyway)
  • Also got the trophy an hour earlier than expected. There should be no reason for that as I hadn't spent any time in game on PS4 on a Tuesday (real or fake) so I think this trophy is just kind of buggy

6 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

This absolutely did not work for me, which is super, super annoying and a huge ol' waste of time and energy. Ridiculous. 

I turned off the internet, put the game at 11:57 pm on a Monday, left it on for 14 hours (until the console clock said 2:29 pm), quit out, played something else, set the time back to 14 hours after when I turned it off (I set it at 2:24 pm), left it on for another 10, and nothing happened. I am so mad that I wasted my time. Am I supposed to save somehow between chunks, @mattfry94?

Well that is concerning, because I am also trying that method. I left it go from 11:55PM Monday to around 12:08PM Tuesday. Then I turned the console off to give it a break because I read that other guys post. I turned it back on around 7PM, and set the clock back to 12:03PM ish. I’m now worried it’s not going to work for me either.. I know the developers think they are very funny and clever with this trophy, but it’s honestly just annoying and stupid.

Edited by solidsnake08guy
  • Like 2

On 5/2/2022 at 10:20 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

The 1hour and 11 minutes is not 1 hour and 11 minutes of play time - it’s 1 hour and 11 minutes between the first trophy popping and the last one.

If someone did the 24 hour trophy first, then the “timer” only starts when that trophy pops…

…so if they get all the other trophies in 1 hour and 11 minutes after that, then that will be their completion time.

Simple.

So he went for Commitment first? 

If im reading this clearly, which by the way i didn't have any clue, PSNP starts your timer whenever you get your first trophy then, So if he went for Commitment first then it makes sense i guess, he presumably speedrunned the other trophies then

2 hours ago, solidsnake08guy said:

Well that is concerning, because I am also trying that method. I left it go from 11:55PM Monday to around 12:08PM Tuesday. Then I turned the console off to give it a break because I read that other guys post. I turned it back on around 7PM, and set the clock back to 12:03PM ish. I’m now worried it’s not going to work for me either.. I know the developers think they are very funny and clever with this trophy, but it’s honestly just annoying and stupid.

Yeah, I posted as soon as I could so I could potentially sway some people or save others from wasting time. I might have done something wrong, but I am not sure what. 

Please ping me if you can because I am curious if you will get it on this try or not.

Also I have been keeping an eye on this achievement site as users keep posting their findings there.

1 hour ago, II-BurnedSins-II said:

So he went for Commitment first? 

If im reading this clearly, which by the way i didn't have any clue, PSNP starts your timer whenever you get your first trophy then, So if he went for Commitment first then it makes sense i guess, he presumably speedrunned the other trophies then

Yes, exactly. PSNProfiles starts tracking when you pop your first trophy. So this person got Commitment first and sped to the others. If you know what you're doing, you can easily get the others quickly.

I just want to add i left it on all tuesday within Stanley's office at the start of the game and it did not pop for me.

Edit: i reset time to 11:59 may 2 (monday) and left it sitting in one of the early office areas. It unlocked around 3 am. So an extra 3 hours of run time did it.

Edited by MonteroMagic

I left my PS5 on from 11:30 last night on. Turned my TV off but the PS5 was on and the controller was on via the charger. I turned the TV on before work and moved around a bit and then turned the tv back off until I came home from work. I picked the controller up and played the game a for a few hours and then let it sit again until midnight. It’s 12:10 now and still no trophy. Wtf?