Trophies for Mental Health II

I enjoyed this event last year, and would love to return this year, though I don’t know what game I’ll play. I’ll have to look through my backlog. I could try to finish up Blair Witch, but I’m already planning to Plat that game for another event, so I don’t know if it would count. 

ETA: I just realized I’m not doing Abzu for my other event, and I was also thinking about picking up Pinstripe in the latest sale, so, one of those will be my game (since I’m not sure if either fulfill the requirements for the second game). ? I’ve been wanting to play Life Is Strange for awhile, though, so if I can find a physical copy somewhere, I might pick that up for my second game. 

Anyway, thanks for doing the event again! I hope a lot of people join in!!! 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y
  • Like 2

I would like to join this myself! I'm looking over the games I am playing, wanna play and such and coming up a little blank on what to play, Celeste I could do and one I'm uncertain of but looking it up I can see one character is suffering from mental health issues. Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens since Kylo Ren suffers from personality disorder. If that one does count I could then use it to get my backside moving and 100% the Skywalker saga too hehe.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sylvanticore said:

I would like to join this myself! I'm looking over the games I am playing, wanna play and such and coming up a little blank on what to play, Celeste I could do and one I'm uncertain of but looking it up I can see one character is suffering from mental health issues. Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens since Kylo Ren suffers from personality disorder. If that one does count I could then use it to get my backside moving and 100% the Skywalker saga too hehe.

I just got done with Lego Star Wars' main episodes and they don't touch on any of that aspect of his character in the Lego games, everything is played for laughs, so it might not be what you are looking for.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 3

I’m not too sure what game to choose for this - a lot of the ones I naturally think of I’ve already done…

…but looking at my “bought, but not played” list, I have four in the wings that might(?) suit:

Last Stop

The Uncertain: Last Quiet Day

The Longest Road on Earth

Road 96

I guess I’ll just play them, and hope one turns out to fit the theme appropriately ?

• Like 2

If anyone is looking for titles to play as part of this most excellent event, I'd recommend Outlast 2.

It tackles a range of mental health issues like PTSD, anxiety, loss based grief and childhood trauma. It's also a very challenging and very solid standalone horror game in general in my opinion.

I didn't see it on the pre-made list of suggested games in the last event, but I would personally recommend it. I thought was way more interesting and intelligent than the first game and it was an almost profound experience for me. One of those rare games that really stuck with me after I had finished it and made me reflect on my own life and experiences for a long while after, I still think about some of the scenes that occurred in the game.

I will say though, that it's most definitely a harrowing game. Not like the first one, which leaned on supernatural a little too much. Outlast 2 is a bit more mature in what it tackles and there are some truly heavy themes that are explored in there.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 3