Ottavio Theory

Admiralvic

So I've seen some people speculate about this and I think I know what is going on.

For those of you who don't know, Metal Tales Overkill is actually Metal Tales: Fury of the Guitar Gods. This is why the credits list that name, with an entirely different icon. What happened is the original developer went under, it was purchased, they launched a Kickstarter, some items were added and now it's on other platforms. Why I bring this up isn't because the history matters, but rather, the original Steam version had achievements

If you look, Cyborg, Heikegami and Hrungir have a 36.4 to 42.5 percent obtain rate. These three are obviously Cyborg, Crab and Viking respectively, which are the three possible bosses for the first section. When you scroll down, Kresnik, Cernunnos and Ottavio are listed with percents between 11.1 and 13.1 percent. Like the previous set, these make up Dragon, Black Metal and Ottavio respectively. Given the rates and placement, there simply is no secret to find Ottavio. Similar to Die 100 Times, which worked in that version, they did something that broke it. We're not finding Ottavio because the game is simply glitched and only Dragon and Black Metal are in the rotation. 

I could be wrong, but I figured I would attempt to save some people the madness of figuring out how to find him, when everything points to him being glitched over a new mechanic being implemented to summon this one boss for whatever reason.

• Like 1

Thanks for the additional info! It makes sense to me… though I have to admit to a certain amount of disappointment that he’s not some secret boss with an unlock. Need that itch scratched after 100%ing Binding of Isaac, I guess. Guess we just have to cross our fingers and hope for a patch, I guess.

EDIT: Theory confirmed. Patch 1.03 (and the followup, Patch 1.04, that fixed the game being completely broken by 1.03) have slipped Ottavio into the rotation, with the wording “added Ottavio,” implying he was either not coded or the means to fight him was improperly coded, rather than being some arcane secret. Found and defeated him on Festival II with a fresh save.

Edited by Ashande
Confirmation