Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AJ_Radio

Regarding this platinum

16 posts in this topic

I recently did Team Sonic Racing which was a PS Plus offering in March. Not terribly difficult by any means, but lots of RNG. Guide was also rather misleading. 

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed is generally regarded as the hardest Sonic racing game to platinum and probably the hardest to platinum in the Sonic series. From what little I’ve played, it’s highly skill dependent. 

This may surpass Max Payne 3 and Vanquish as my hardest PS3 platinum. 

There is an exploit to get Yokozuna rather easily, there is also DLC which I’m not sure is available. PST.org guide rates this game a 10 out of 10 if you don’t have the DLC, which already makes the platinum a prestigious one. 

Is it one of the harder PS3 racing games to platinum?

I think Wipeout 2048 is considered the hardest racing game to platinum.

9 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I think Wipeout 2048 is considered the hardest racing game to platinum.

"racing game" generally speaking, I believe Assetto Corsa to be the most difficult simulator experience

3 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

"racing game" generally speaking, I believe Assetto Corsa to be the most difficult simulator experience

lol. Oh sorry, didn't realise Wipreout was not a racing game. Is it perhaps a flying game?

Posted (edited)

On 01/05/2022 at 1:17 AM, AJ_Radio said:

I recently did Team Sonic Racing which was a PS Plus offering in March. Not terribly difficult by any means, but lots of RNG. Guide was also rather misleading. 

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed is generally regarded as the hardest Sonic racing game to platinum and probably the hardest to platinum in the Sonic series. From what little I’ve played, it’s highly skill dependent. 

There is an exploit to get Yokozuna rather easily, there is also DLC which I’m not sure is available. PST.org guide rates this game a 10 out of 10 if you don’t have the DLC, which already makes the platinum a prestigious one. 

It seems pretty decent so I'm sure you'll be fine on this game. It's one of the harder ones to do although there are a lot harder ones out there.

On 01/05/2022 at 1:48 AM, kevao97 said:

Yeah it's one of the hardest racers which are GT5, Assetto, Dirt Rally 2.0 DLC & NFS Prestige DLC however having done NFS Prestige DLC, most of the Dirt Rally 2.0 DLC, arguably the hardest hotlap in Assetto & having almost done the Vettel challenges then I would say GT5 is the hardest overall depending on if you have used a controller for it. I'm not too far off doing it though.

Edited by Destructor-8

Thanks for the comments everyone.

9 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

lol. Oh sorry, didn't realise Wipreout was not a racing game. Is it perhaps a flying game?

I did not understand your comment.

I don't know Wipout.

I'm just saying that according to some friends who venture into the genre, Assetto Corsa is the most challenging.

12 minutes ago, Destructor-8 said:

Yeah it's one of the hardest racers which are GT5, Assetto, Dirt Rally 2.0 DLC & NFS Prestige DLC however having done NFS Prestige DLC, most of the Dirt Rally 2.0 DLC, arguably the hardest hotlap in Assetto & having almost done the Vettel challenges then I would say GT5 is the hardest overall depending on if you have done the Vettel challenges with a controller

Oh, I just remembered Trackmania Turbo as well!

About GT5, I have a friend who made the platinum entirely with a controller

12 minutes ago, Destructor-8 said:

Yeah it's one of the hardest racers which are GT5, Assetto, Dirt Rally 2.0 DLC & NFS Prestige DLC however having done NFS Prestige DLC, most of the Dirt Rally 2.0 DLC, arguably the hardest hotlap in Assetto & having almost done the Vettel challenges then I would say GT5 is the hardest overall depending on if you have done the Vettel challenges with a controller

Posted (edited)

On 01/05/2022 at 2:02 AM, kevao97 said:

Yes that is the next hardest one however those other games are quite a bit harder still in comparison. Yeah that is the one which is harder than all of the others as it requires so much more practice to do.

Edited by Destructor-8

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

Yes that is the next hardest one however those other games are quite a bit harder still in comparison. Yeah that is the one which is harder than all of the others as it requires so much more practice to do.

I don’t know if the absurd time that the guide suggested is actually accurate for Gran Turismo 5.

I’ve been told elsewhere that Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed is drastically easier without the patch, you have the DLC, and you have four controllers handy. 

Hopefully you have four controllers handy for the Team Sonic trophy. 

Edited by AJ_Radio

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I don’t know if the absurd time that the guide suggested is actually accurate for Gran Turismo 5.

I’ve been told elsewhere that Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed is drastically easier without the patch, you have the DLC, and you have four controllers handy. 

Hopefully you have four controllers handy for the Team Sonic trophy. 

I'm not sure how long it is but it's probably not far off. Yeah I'll be doing it all regardless to compare it to other stuff that I have done. Yeah I already got that done earlier this week.

Edited by Destructor-8

Posted (edited)

On 30/4/2022 at 7:17 PM, AJ_Radio said:

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed was for many years my proudest trophy. Actually, it was just bypassed recently by the trophy Earthworm Never Dies. I am going to give you a brief explanation based on my experience. I do not have many ultra rare trophies, and at the time I got that platinum I had just like 20 UR's. However, I was afraid of how difficult would it be. And HOLY SH***T it was. Take into account that you need to delete the patch in order for Yokozuna to unlock glitched and that way platinul trophy is just an 8/10. Nevertheless, I did not know how to do it back on the day and as far as I was concerned I "needed" the DLC for the glitch, (but actually no!!!), so I gave up on it and I started doing the expert ghosts. I did like 80 in my innocence, I am not going to lie to you I spent like 8 - 10 hours per day on these ghosts. Finally I was told that deleting the patch will give me the Yokozuna easier, and it did, however, most of the job was done, but I end up doing the glitch even if U was just pretty close to al of the ghosts to finish. I do not regret since I increased my racing abilities even more than when I tryharded Mario Kart back on the day xDDD. With glitch 7.5 - 8/10. Without glitch like in my experience it us definetly a 9/10 or even 9.5/10. That glitch has helped rarity to be 1.46%instead of a ~0.

It is the game that I have most tryharded actually due to its hard expert ghosts. Probably the only game that is close to it is when I tryharded Fall Guys last year to do hundreds of wins and wins in a row. 

Edited by Pottercito_

4 hours ago, Pottercito_ said:

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed was for many years my proudest trophy. Actually, it was just bypassed recently by the trophy Earthworm Never Dies. I am going to give you a brief explanation based on my experience. I do not have many ultra rare trophies, and at the time I got that platinum I had just like 20 UR's. However, I was afraid of how difficult would it be. And HOLY SH***T it was. Take into account that you need to delete the patch in order for Yokozuna to unlock glitched and that way platinul trophy is just an 8/10. Nevertheless, I did not know how to do it back on the day and as far as I was concerned I "needed" the DLC for the glitch, (but actually no!!!), so I gave up on it and I started doing the expert ghosts. I did like 80 in my innocence, I am not going to lie to you I spent like 8 - 10 hours per day on these ghosts. Finally I was told that deleting the patch will give me the Yokozuna easier, and it did, however, most of the job was done, but I end up doing the glitch even if U was just pretty close to al of the ghosts to finish. I do not regret since I increased my racing abilities even more than when I tryharded Mario Kart back on the day xDDD. With glitch 7.5 - 8/10. Without glitch like in my experience it us definetly a 9/10 or even 9.5/10. That glitch has helped rarity to be 1.46%instead of a ~0.

It is the game that I have most tryharded actually due to its hard expert ghosts. Probably the only game that is close to it is when I tryharded Fall Guys last year to do hundreds of wins and wins in a row. 

It's definitely the hardest platinum out of the Sonic racing games. I have no idea how this game will fare for me, but people over at PST.org recommended to use four controllers, buy the DLC and play without the patch.

Some of the DriveClub events took me two to three hours each. These ghosts sound a lot more difficult.

Posted (edited)

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/302352-information-that-will-make-your-life-with-this-game-easier-read-after-guide/ - have a read of that thread before you start your platinum journey.

I think I ended up giving this a 6-7 out of 10 - if I started the Vita version first it would’ve been an 8 because you can’t exploit with extra controllers and I wouldn’t have been familiar with any of the tracks.

Using four controllers makes the events much, much easier - it seems to confuse the AI and they end up slowing down for the three trailing controllers. I was winning each Grand Prix on Expert by more than a minute total because of this. Fair warning though, for a lot of the races I actually had to finish each race with all four controllers! I found this really annoying and it really added a lot of unnecessary time to this game - I was never able to figure out why this happened. Only a few events started the 30 second timer once I crossed the line with my my main controller.

Edited by GraniteSnake

The four controllers might help you out, however, I do not know if it makes the AI intelligence easier (maybe yes) bit part of the joy in this game is that sense of satisfaction that you get when completying the events or the stars. The only thing that should concern to you are the expert ghosts (those are actually the hard part of the platinum), and as I told you, you do not even need the DLC, just unpatch the game and you will be fine for Yokozuna, the rest is a 7.5/10. Note that those who vote this agme for a 9/10 is because we played with the patch installed so we were asked to do the expert ghost. If I never found the glitch trick, maybe I would have never finished all the expert ghosts,some of them still makes me feel nervous haha.

It's going to be annoying working with a split screen with the four controllers. It'll be a little while before I get around to this game.