2 months in and still top of the popular games section

Orenn16

I often keep a tabs on the popular games I find how it fluctuates interesting. I'm also impressed by how long its held the top spot, I dont know of any other game thats held it this long.

Edited by Silocia
  • Like 2

I wonder if it will still be in the top 10 in June-when I’ll start playing it. The launch edition (EU Version) is my birthday gift to me, lol-got it for only $3 more than the Standard US Edition.

I did open it and test it b/c even though the package was sealed, the disc was loose, and I wanted to make sure it played okay. I only played for an hour, but I haven’t felt so pleasantly overwhelmed by a game’s world since I played Morrowind. I can’t wait to properly play it!!! ?

2 hours ago, JusttJD said:

It's amazing to see so many amazing games in the top 10.

Yet, the sad part is that last week, that pigeon game was also in the top 10.

Over 1.000 people on this site that actually paid money for that.1f644.png

Yeah, between those and the breakthrough crap, I usually see one shovelware game in the top ten every other week.

It’s none of my business how other people spend their money, but I worry that some people have not only a trophy-hunting addiction (most everyone active here has that to some extent, I’d say) but also a site leaderboard climbing addiction. 

I don’t understand it. Those numbers mean NOTHING outside of this site. I’ll happily play an easy game for a platnium/100% now and then, but I only play games that look interesting to me. Shovelware Games don’t interest me at all. I wouldn’t play them for easy Plats if they were free. 

2 hours ago, Eraezr said:

I'm 106 hours into the game and still at <50% on the trophy list. They've definitely earned my interest for a potential season pass, if it's worth its weight.

I'm kinda in the same place, though I feel I'm definitely not playing the game as efficiently as i could be when im 80 hours in and only 30% completion, my friend plat'd the game a month ago because he said he stopped exploring after reaching atlus plateu and just followed a guide to go straight for the trophies , kinda wish i was as fast as him because i want to fight the end bosses, but I'm still having fun taking my time to explore and do quests even though most of them dont actually lead to a trophy

3 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

It's also worth pointing out that this site, unfortunately,  doesn't combine the numbers for PS5 and PS4 games, so its PS4 counterpart has been in the top 10 as well.

A good game is a good game.

This. Also the PS4 version is far superior in performance so I'm sticking with that version.

1 hour ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Horizon fans are so salty over Elden ring getting the higher ratings and it being played more, you can enjoy both games, no need to hate it.

Nah, Horizon devs are salty, at least in my limited experience. One of my best friends loves the Horizon games (even bought a PS5 to have the “superior version” of Forbidden West), and is probably going to pick up Elden Ring soon (if they haven’t already) despite never playing more than a few minutes of any Souls game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheReaper1497 said:

I'm kinda in the same place, though I feel I'm definitely not playing the game as efficiently as i could be when im 80 hours in and only 30% completion, my friend plat'd the game a month ago because he said he stopped exploring after reaching atlus plateu and just followed a guide to go straight for the trophies , kinda wish i was as fast as him because i want to fight the end bosses, but I'm still having fun taking my time to explore and do quests even though most of them dont actually lead to a trophy

i felt the same way. And i did 85% of the game, all bosses every item collected every quest etc, but by the time you get to the endgam,e bosses your either overlevelled and trivialise it all, or you face off against placidusax and he can burn you out if your committed to no summons or op spell stuff. like seriously the hardest boss in the game. 

4 hours ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Horizon devs didn't like that. 

Ubisoft devs as well!? They just mad Miyazaki stacks paper to the ceiling while they living off of their salty tears!

42 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Plenty of games have held onto the top spot for quite a while even since I joined the site so this isn't exactly unusual, but those games have also been awesome for the most part so it is in great company and a testament to how well-made the game is, I look forward to eventually getting around to it.

Also, those dunking on Horizon... really? The game is #2 so it's not like nobody bought and played it either and has stayed in the Top 10 for just as long as Elden Ring has; the original held out for ages as well. If you need to dunk on one thing to prop up/ justify your love for another, well, that's pretty insecure and dumb. I also don't see any "salty fans" that you are speaking of either. What a weird thread this quickly turned into.

I remember when monster hunter world came out and it had crazy amount of players playing for quite a while too! :D 

5 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

I’m trying to think of a game that’s been at the very top of the “popular games” section this long. I remember Monster Hunter World held on to it for quite some time but this feels pretty nuts! Of course no new majored releases since Elden Ring certainly is contributing.

Not throwing shade at you bruh but I'm pretty sure even if Elden Ring had serious competition it wouldn't change much. People love souls games (myself included) and they'd prioritize playing Elden Ring over everything else. It's also one of the most anticipated games ever since it's announcement. All the accomplishments the game has received is very well deserved, despite some serious flaws like the reused bosses and dungeons. But the amount of things you can do and the absurdly massive open world and immersive gameplay makes up for it IMO, final score 9,5/10 easy! :D 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Xugoshi said:

despite some serious flaws like the reused bosses and dungeons. But the amount of things you can do and the absurdly massive open world and immersive gameplay makes up for it IMO, final score 9,5/10 easy! :D 

The excessive copypaste to me was far more of a dealbreaker seeing as it disincentivises exploring at all past a certain point when you know that the 50th mine or cave dungeon in a row is going to have a repeated boss or reskinned regular enemy as a boss thrown in there with no rhyme or reason. The repetition wasn't just limited to the dungeons and bosses as it wasn't long before I started seeing the same landmarks repeated over and over as well (church with Sacred Tear, ruins wit staircase leading to chest/miniboss, same wildlife in the same arrangements, same towers, same shacks). It really felt spread thin, as if they didn't have enough content to make up the open world, and that's not getting into all of the bugs I encountered. Doesn't really feel like a 9.5/10 game to me. 

• Like 3