2 months in and still top of the popular games section

Orenn16

7 hours ago, Zircon_Lotus said:

Cant say for how long, but The Last of Us II and Ghost of Tshushima were ranked 1st for a long time. And maybe FFVII Remaster, but not too sure about this one. 

At the time I was watching, Final Fantasy VII Remaster was certainly in the "Popular games this week" for over 2 months, but it was only the most popular #1 spot game for a few weeks and stayed around no2 or 3 for a while

It's impressive that Elden Ring has not only been the top #1 game for over 2 months on PS5 but the PS4 version was at No 2 for a few days and then has been behind Horizon Zero Dawn in No 3 for at least a month. Not even new games like Gran Turismo 7 on PS5 even made a dent into the top games at the top.

As awesome as Elden Ring is, I think it has maintained its lead all this time because the time is challenging and also very long. I mean most people are going to be playing it for weeks at the very least, if not months, and so slow popping trophies over a long period of time is quite common for thsi game.

Also word of mouth for this game has been positive for months, and is everywhere on youtube, so many people are slowly trickling in to see what all the fuss is about.

Let's also not forgot that the PS4 numbers are slightly higher than they should be, due to a lot of people double dipping into the PS4 version after finishing the PS5 version.

Even way, though. Aside from super games like Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto 5, Elden RIng has certainly set some records. Even people moaning about the game about it being overrated. Fanboy anger has also been at an all time high lol.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

500 hours

2 platinums

still want MORE

as a longtime souls vet, this game blew my mind, holy shit

pure joy

Wut! I'm on about 507 hours and still not got 1 platinum yet lol.

Although not got a PS5 so can't play the other version.

Edited by enaysoft

8 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Wut! I'm on about 507 hours and still not got 1 platinum yet lol.

Although not got a PS5 so can't play the other version.

Take your time, you'll be fine :D

20 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

The excessive copypaste to me was far more of a dealbreaker seeing as it disincentivises exploring at all past a certain point when you know that the 50th mine or cave dungeon in a row is going to have a repeated boss or reskinned regular enemy as a boss thrown in there with no rhyme or reason. The repetition wasn't just limited to the dungeons and bosses as it wasn't long before I started seeing the same landmarks repeated over and over as well (church with Sacred Tear, ruins wit staircase leading to chest/miniboss, same wildlife in the same arrangements, same towers, same shacks). It really felt spread thin, as if they didn't have enough content to make up the open world, and that's not getting into all of the bugs I encountered. Doesn't really feel like a 9.5/10 game to me. 

Fair enough, and I'm not gonna sit here and pretend that I don't have a little bias towards ER due to being a huge souls fan. I see it either you like it enough to look past it's flaws or you don't. 

On 5/1/2022 at 1:54 PM, JusttJD said:

It's amazing to see so many amazing games in the top 10.

Yet, the sad part is that last week, that pigeon game was also in the top 10.

Over 1.000 people on this site that actually paid money for that.?

I’m sorry. I beat Elden Ring first if that helps :(

35 minutes ago, Orenn16 said:

I’m sorry. I beat Elden Ring first if that helps :(

Never apologize for something that you want to do yourself and maybe even enjoy doing. ;)

I'll just never understand why people would choose to play/buy something like that.

Sure, of course. You play it because of the easy platinum, duh. :P

But, I can't imagine that when you go over your profile, that you feel pride when going over titles like that.

Having titles like Red Dead, Elden Ring, Death Stranding and Sekiro.
And then seeing all that garbage that require 0 skill and don't have anything to do with gaming, at all.

Sure, I can understand that you feel happy that you go up the leaderbords faster, but, I refuse to believe that you are actually proud of titles like Racing, Pigeon, Sushi Run, Rainbow, etc...

I refuse to believe that you look at your profile and think "Wow, I'm proud of that accomplishment"

Now, that is nothing personal against you (even though it might look that way)
It's just something I don't understand, and probably never will.

Maybe you love gaming like that and you love playing all those games and I'm just completely wrong.

And, in the end. It's to each their own, and you could never do any wrong by doing what you enjoy.

I just always think that most those "games" are being developed by one guy, or a very small team.
And, then I think about Stardew Valley, and projects like that.

If all those platinum games would actually put real effort into something, they could end up making something like that and become so much more successful, and we as the gamers themself would benefit more from something like that than what they are doing now.

(Again, this is not a message to start a trophy-war or say that people are doing things wrong... this is just me not understanding it, but accepting that we all have our own hobby's and things :) )

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lostforever77 said:

Not me. I'm on forbidden west and will likely never play Elden Ring

Well I guess I'm the same, but in reverse.

A lot of people don't mention it but Elden Ring has online coop and multiplayr battles which Forbidden West does not have. If I want to play a game like this on my own, I will play the Yakuza games.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Well I guess I'm the same, but in reverse.

A lot of people don't mention it but Elden Ring has online coop and multiplayr battles which Forbidden West does not have. If I want to play a game like this on my own, I will play the Yakuza games.

None of these 3 games are alike, not even really similar. But alrighty, to each their own

18 minutes ago, lostforever77 said:

None of these 3 games are alike, not even really similar. But alrighty, to each their own

BINGO! Which is why I don't see why everyone keeps comparing them.

1 hour ago, lostforever77 said:

And yet you just did the exact same thing. Why?

lol. I quite literally didn't do that. Evidenced by the fact my posts above do not even compare which game was better. Anyway, my apologies if English is not your first language.

I like playing Elden Ring with my friends since it has online coop. But instead of playing single player games like Sekiro or Horizon Forbidden West, I'd rather play a Yakuza game if I wanted a single player experience.

I'm on Elden Ring and will likely never play Horizon Forbidden West, not because I'm hating on Horizon, just because well, I will be playing a different game instead. Perhaps if I ever make a dent in my backlog of games to play and have finished all of them, I might give Horizon a go, being middle aged and having a ton of other things in my life taking up my time, I doubt I will get around to it though. Especially with newer games coming out all the time.

Edited by enaysoft

10 hours ago, enaysoft said:

lol. I quite literally didn't do that. Evidenced by the fact my posts above do not even compare which game was better. Anyway, my apologies if English is not your first language.

I like playing Elden Ring with my friends since it has online coop. But instead of playing single player games like Sekiro or Horizon Forbidden West, I'd rather play a Yakuza game if I wanted a single player experience.

I'm on Elden Ring and will likely never play Horizon Forbidden West, not because I'm hating on Horizon, just because well, I will be playing a different game instead. Perhaps if I ever make a dent in my backlog of games to play and have finished all of them, I might give Horizon a go, being middle aged and having a ton of other things in my life taking up my time, I doubt I will get around to it though. Especially with newer games coming out all the time.

Still a comparison in my book, but that's not the point here and I don't fancy arguing with you, so let's leave it here

35 minutes ago, lostforever77 said:

Still a comparison in my book, but that's not the point here and I don't fancy arguing with you, so let's leave it here

Erm, this isn't an argument, but well yeah I agree.

Read a bit more carefully next time though so you don't get the wrong end of the stick. :)

Edited by enaysoft

On 5/3/2022 at 10:03 AM, JusttJD said:

Never apologize for something that you want to do yourself and maybe even enjoy doing. ;)

I'll just never understand why people would choose to play/buy something like that.

Sure, of course. You play it because of the easy platinum, duh. :P

But, I can't imagine that when you go over your profile, that you feel pride when going over titles like that.

Having titles like Red Dead, Elden Ring, Death Stranding and Sekiro.
And then seeing all that garbage that require 0 skill and don't have anything to do with gaming, at all.

Sure, I can understand that you feel happy that you go up the leaderbords faster, but, I refuse to believe that you are actually proud of titles like Racing, Pigeon, Sushi Run, Rainbow, etc...

I refuse to believe that you look at your profile and think "Wow, I'm proud of that accomplishment"

Now, that is nothing personal against you (even though it might look that way)
It's just something I don't understand, and probably never will.

Maybe you love gaming like that and you love playing all those games and I'm just completely wrong.

And, in the end. It's to each their own, and you could never do any wrong by doing what you enjoy.

I just always think that most those "games" are being developed by one guy, or a very small team.
And, then I think about Stardew Valley, and projects like that.

If all those platinum games would actually put real effort into something, they could end up making something like that and become so much more successful, and we as the gamers themself would benefit more from something like that than what they are doing now.

(Again, this is not a message to start a trophy-war or say that people are doing things wrong... this is just me not understanding it, but accepting that we all have our own hobby's and things :) )

Hey first off THANK YOU for such an incredibly polite response. Some folks get downright angry on here about easy trophy games. Your level headed response was much appreciated.

As for your observation: you’re 100% right. I feel no pride at all in regards to my easy trophy games. I do pride myself on making sure that’s not all I have though. Any time someone tries to bring down my profile based on the easy games I’m confident in knowing I have hundreds of “difficult” or at least “grindy” games. I am still very proud of the variety on my profile, and am confident it holds up even without the easy games.

So why do the easy games? I’m sure everyone has their reasons (you mentioned leaderboards which is probably a big one) but for me it’s trying to hit trophy level 999. I just really want to max out that level and get the little plat star icon next to my name. The moment I hit that milestone I’ll stop buying easy play games, full stop. I naturally accumulated what most would considering a “high trophy level” without ever touching easy play games, but around 2020 I got an urge to max out my trophy level and this weird obsession began. 

I think it just boils down to satisfaction of see that number go up with a lofty goal in mind at the end of the tunnel. With that in mind, look at it this way: I get my enjoyment split into two ways with my profile: 

1: I enjoy creating this massive heap of trophies, regardless of value. I don’t care if other folks see this or care about it at all.

2: I enjoy playing ACTUAL games separate from the heap of trophies. These games I’m proud of and like to share with people and compare completion. They also have the added benefit of adding to the trophy heap as well.

That’s a lot of rambling to say that the enjoyment I get from easy trophy games is a different kind than what I get from general trophy hunting in “traditional” games, and I think it’s cool that one feeds into the other! I think most folks get confused and assume easy plat players are doing it for bragging rights and place the same value/pride into “Pigeon P” as they do “Red Dead” when I don’t think that’s ever the case.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Cerber108 said:

Wasn't HZD in top10 for like 10 months?

It's probably been in top 10 in total well over a year, but not consecutively though, as the game had a slow drip feed of DLC bumping it back in the "charts" and then also given away for free several times and also then added to PSNow.

And likely after that a ton of people wanted to play it, and get through it before the sequel was released.

2 hours ago, Thrillhelm said:

Dethroned by a plus game.

It eventually had to happen.

Credit where its due - this game will stay in the top 10 for a long while

Yeah with no huge games on the horizon I figured it’s have to be a Plus game that took the crown 

Erm, well it wasn't even off the top spot for 24 hours, but Elden RIng is back up top again lol

Even the PS4 version at 1488 active users is not far off knocking PS5 Gran Turismo off the bottom spot and making it back on the board.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1