2 months in and still top of the popular games section

Orenn16

33 minutes ago, zulqarmessi said:

Glad 1f60d.png, The Champ is back at #1. 

Yeah, but technically FIFA 22 has been top the past days ahead of everything, it's just that for whatever reason, PS4 and PS5 trophy lists for FIFA 22 have been split. Although if PS4 and PS5 Elden Ring trophy sets were combined, it would be a close race!

11 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

As I said in the other thread, it was already taken down for a day or two by Curse of the Dead Gods a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah the champ will regain its top spot again, i hope so ?

• Like 3

Popular game but the trophy list being easy but time-consuming plays into it mightily.  

You can earn trophies throughout the 80 hours or however long it is to stay on the recent player lost, unlike most games.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 5:10 PM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

i imagine those who bought forbidden west first are on elden now, and vice versa. 

Absolutely right, I bought the game cause I couldn't believe it was better so I Gave in to see the hype, 2 months later still playing the game lol (trying to platinum) 

Elden Ring would easily be on top again if it had released a free set of trophies for New Game+ a few weeks ago like Horizon did.

Elden Ring of course, New Game+ was available on Day 1. (Which all games should have, if we're being perfectly honest)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Elden Ring would easily be on top again if it had released a free set of trophies for New Game+ a few weeks ago like Horizon did.

Elden Ring of course, New Game+ was available on Day 1. (Which all games should have, if we're being perfectly honest)

How often do you beat a game whether it does or doesnt have a NG+ mode and immediately think "wow i want to play it again right now"? probably not often. 

14 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

How often do you beat a game whether it does or doesnt have a NG+ mode and immediately think "wow i want to play it again right now"? probably not often. 

Well I did with Elden RIng, and many other people did as well.

Anyway, that's besides the point. Just because only a few people want to start NG+ right away, that isn't a valid reason or a good justification for withholding it from the player to some unknown date in the future for no reason. All you're doing really is just punishing the most loyal fan base for buying it on Day 1 since of course buying the game later at discount, NewGame+ will be available to everyone by then.

DLC, yeah you could argue, yeah that kind of content needs time to be made, even if the developer did just carve it out, do nothing for a few months and then sell it back to you later.

But New Game+, there's no reason to withhold that from the game, unless you suck at QA and your game balance was shit.

It's unfortunately though just a lame attempt at trying to get your game to stay relevant and in the news several months after lauinch.

"Oh look there's new content for xxx game", when infact, there isn't really much or anything new.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Well I did with Elden RIng, and many other people did as well.

Anyway, that's besides the point. Just because only a few people want to start NG+ right away, that isn't a valid reason or a good justification for withholding it from the player to some unknown date in the future for no reason. All you're doing really is just punishing the most loyal fan base for buying it on Day 1 since of course buying the game later at discount, NewGame+ will be available to everyone by then.

DLC, yeah you could argue, yeah that kind of content needs time to be made, even if the developer did just carve it out, do nothing for a few months and then sell it back to you later.

But New Game+, there's no reason to withhold that from the game, unless you suck at QA and your game balance was shit.

It's unfortunately though just a lame attempt at trying to get your game to stay relevant and in the news several months after lauinch.

"Oh look there's new content for xxx game", when infact, there isn't really much or anything new.

Guess im just one who beats a game and is done with it. I don't care for NG+ in anything. Too many games release, dont got time to double dip for the fuck of it.

Games dont all need a NG+.

57 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Guess im just one who beats a game and is done with it. I don't care for NG+ in anything. Too many games release, dont got time to double dip for the fuck of it.

Games dont all need a NG+.

Oh yes I completely agree! Due to trophies and the way games are now, I rarely play any game more than once / longer than I have too unless trophies require it. Although these days being a middle aged adult it can be because I barely have time to play barely any games all the way through just once!

The game has to be REALLY good to make me want to play it again after completing it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, enaysoft said:

unless you suck at QA and your game balance was shit.

Software and game development have set targets to develop/test/release product. A shit QA would be one who is bad at testing. Not releasing NG+ at launch is more of a management decision than the development team sucking. They target a release date with pre-defined commitment. In HFW's case, they probably didn't want to release NG+ with release.

6 minutes ago, boorish_brute said:

Software and game development have set targets to develop/test/release product. A shit QA would be one who is bad at testing. Not releasing NG+ at launch is more of a management decision than the development team sucking. They target a release date with pre-defined commitment. In HFW's case, they probably didn't want to release NG+ with release.

Yea I know, but that was an obvious dig, at a game that in the past, can't remember the name. Where a lame excuse for NG+ not being at release was because the team were still balancing the harder difficulties or something so they wanted to take their time on it. (but sounds like a lie anyway)

Is what I meant.

Edited by enaysoft

Considering 1.05 patch released today is two months after the last one, a laundry list of PvE fixes, and a huge NG+ quality-of-life change with not having to re-farm bell bearings again, could be seen as a positive sign for future DLC. That was a tedious step.