What is your most impressive and awful game accomplishment?

Chemical_Pulse

The most impressive game I've ever played I think is Assassin Creed Serie :

Sb6c0ca.png AC Revelations (If you don't even played to this classic, try it, its really worth).

Assassin Creed game they are good for his historical content, play through, fighting technique with his outstanding

acrobatic feature, every character is endearing and every playing minutes  are a harebrained pleasure.

therefore, my favorite is AC Revelations and Brotherhood :) The other one aren't bad.

Assassin Creed 8/10

Assassin Creed 2 8/10

Assassin Creed Brotherhood 9/10

Assassin Creed Revelations 9.5/10

Assassin Creed 3 7.5/10

Assassin Creed Liberation HD 7/10

Assassin Creed IV Black Flag 8.5/10

At present, my awful game can be : Ico and Shadow of the Colossus [it's only my opinion]

S5f245c.png ICO

Sb99670.png Shadow of the Colossus

ICO 4/10

Shadow of the Colossus  2.5/10

I think ICO are better than Shadow but I can't understand how you can get fun to play that... It's my opinion. For get platinum on this you're pushed to watch constantly some walkthrough. Beat the game under 2 hours is really a pain..

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus are a little RPG with less fighting option than pokemon, is indeed a joke... I think this game can be better if the map was not only at menu and also get an auto-save option.

Edited by Chemical_Pulse
  • Like 1

The most impressive game I've ever played I think is Assassin Creed Serie :

Sb6c0ca.png AC Revelations (If you don't even played to this classic, try it, its really worth).

Assassin Creed game they are good for his historical content, play through, fighting technique with his outstanding

acrobatic feature, every character is endearing and every playing minutes  are a harebrained pleasure.

therefore, my favorite is AC Revelations and Brotherhood :) The other one aren't bad.

Assassin Creed 8/10

Assassin Creed 2 8/10

Assassin Creed Brotherhood 9/10

Assassin Creed Revelations 9.5/10

Assassin Creed 3 7.5/10

Assassin Creed Liberation HD 7/10

Assassin Creed IV Black Flag 8.5/10

At present, my awful game can be : Ico and Shadow of the Colossus

S5f245c.png ICO

Sb99670.png Shadow of the Colossus

ICO 4/10

Shadow of the Colossus  2.5/10

I think ICO are better than Shadow but I can't understand how you can get fun to play that... It's my opinion. For get platinum on this you're pushed to watch constantly some walkthrough. Beat the game under 2 hours is really a pain..

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus are a little RPG with less fighting option than pokemon, is indeed a joke... I think this game can be better if the map was not only at menu and also get an auto-save option.

My best experience in gaming on PS3 was Journey no doubts, and its your opinion but saying that ICO and Shadow of the Colossus were your worst expiriences its beyond my understanding, those two games were a mark in game industry and were one of the most beautifull masterpieces on ps2, well not evryone understand and can apreciate gaming art...

• Like 1

This is beyond just confusing. Revelations was an absolute abortion, a stain upon the Assassin's Creed series that was completely unnecessary and did absolutely nothing for the series other than destabilize it. It's story was bad and it completely destroyed whatever traces of character Ezio had with contrived writing choices, the traversal wasn't as good as it was due to the hookblade and fighting was tedious with useless additions.

Now SotC and Ico being the worst? you completely missed the point and went in with the wrong game in your hand if you expected an epic fantas RPG with swords clashing and dragons swooping at every second. Ico and SotC are about atmosphere, tension and build up. Atleast SotC is, anyways. Also I assume you're talking about the puzzles, challenging well thought out puzzles are a good thing not a bad thing.

• Like 1

This is beyond just confusing. Revelations was an absolute abortion, a stain upon the Assassin's Creed series that was completely unnecessary and did absolutely nothing for the series other than destabilize it. It's story was bad and it completely destroyed whatever traces of character Ezio had with contrived writing choices, the traversal wasn't as good as it was due to the hookblade and fighting was tedious with useless additions.

Now SotC and Ico being the worst? you completely missed the point and went in with the wrong game in your hand if you expected an epic fantas RPG with swords clashing and dragons swooping at every second. Ico and SotC are about atmosphere, tension and build up. Atleast SotC is, anyways. Also I assume you're talking about the puzzles, challenging well thought out puzzles are a good thing not a bad thing.

You gotta let people have their opinions man, lol. I think Revelations was a nice addition but that's just me. Sotc and ICO, they were good but some people ain't into that kind of games. 

• Like 2

Agree with the original post about SOC.  I always thought it was a terrible game.  Beautiful, yes.  But the controls were horrible and you spent so much time running around an empty world looking for the next puzzle.  But it tried something different so I guess props for that.  Devs seem to have learned since then that if you want to try and put out a game like that, it needs to control well (see Journey) or it's just not fun.

So is this about favorite and least favorite games...or about accomplishments?

If the latter (like the title of the thread reads) I guess my most impressive is playing straight through the entire Mass Effect series. Playing from 1 through 3 with the same Shepard just made everything seem so rewarding and personalized. The most awful for me is 100%ing Noby Noby Boy. I don't know what in the heck I was thinking and its a complete waste of time...not a game!

Edited by merciful84

So is this about favorite and least favorite games...or about accomplishments?

If the latter (like the title of the thread reads) I guess my most impressive is playing straight through the entire Mass Effect series. Playing from 1 through 3 with the same Shepard just made everything seem so rewarding and personalized. The most awful for me is 100%ing Noby Noby Boy. I don't know what in the heck I was thinking and its a complete waste of time...not a game!

my favorites was Mass Effect 2 :D

I totaly agree with you on Far Cry 3 but on Watchdogs I'm not sure since it hasn't launched yet  :P

yeah, but it'll be ;)

• Like 1

Of course it's his/her opinion no disagreement there, but at the same time when you post on a forum others will disagree, agree, try to debate or argue your points thus creating discussion, the point of the place after all. :P

Also, SotC didn't control horrible, the horse just wasn't conventional. It was a living breathing character, an animal, it wasn't just the substitute of a car.

Favourite game series has to be Mass Effect. The characters, alien races and the lore that has gone into them is incredible.

As in game accomplishments go playing the original Dead Rising on 360 for 14 hours straight to get the 1000G's was mentaly exhausting and it felt so good when it popped. Worst was playing avatar on 360 for 5 minutes to get the 1000G's i felt so dirty after it

• Like 1

I guess my most impressive 100% game would be Battlefield 3, not only did I get the platinum (which take a lot of work), I also got all of the DLC trophies, which also took a ton of work! It's a lot of dedication to the game but I had no problem getting them because man was that game fun, it was the first Battlefield game I've ever played an I was just in love, haha, it was a blast and I can't wait to get all the Battlefield 4 trophies (WHEN THEY FIX THE GAME!!) lol

My most awful "accomplishment" is getting MotorStorm: Pacific Rift above 50%, yes fifty percent! I have this rule to where I want all of my games to be at least 50% completion and that game was a living hell, with unreasonable, purely annoying difficulty and managing completely unstable tracks with ridiculous A.I., it's a game you don't want to get for trophies, hated it... 50% literally feels like a platinum in my eyes with THAT game, haha

Oh, and the whole ICO thing, I think the trophies and watching/reading guides may have messed over that game, for a PS2 game I can see how advanced and beautiful it is but it should NOT be treated as a speed run, especially 2 hours. That's a pretty Idiotic decision of a trophy for the developers to include for that game

Edited by BlindMango

when you post on a forum others will disagree, agree, try to debate or argue your points thus creating discussion

There's a difference between having a debate and being insulting towards the person, putting down their opinion and trying to make them feel like an idiot. 

• Like 4

There's a difference between having a debate and being insulting towards the person, putting down their opinion and trying to make them feel like an idiot. 

Tell me where I tried to put down his opinion/stated mine as fact? I don't have to stick ''IMO'' after every sentence or subjective opinion when it clearly is infact, subjective. Perhaps I was a little aggressive but nothing beyond that.