Diamond & Amethyst Cards

kmcgrotty_

Just looking to see how everyone managed to achieve their 10 amethyst cards and 5 diamond cards for the Journey Of A Lifetime trophy. Currently making my way through faction wars and the token rewards only last till 175 wins. I know you get 5 amethyst and 3 diamonds from faction wars so planning to go to 500 wins.

Do you think 2k will eventually put packs out with Amethyst and Diamond cards in them?

I plan to get the final 2 Diamonds sometime down the road, either through packs or possibly new events - but the problem there is that earlier events lock you from playing later events.  Just don’t have the energy to play through all of those Proving Grounds events on Legendary.

Token shop will take care of the rest of the Amethyst.  I think I have 7/10 currently.  Maybe over enough time, I will be able to get my last 2 Diamonds that way, if they give out tokens via Locker Codes, etc.

I could also see them adding new Faction Wars prizes at some point (> 500) that could include Diamonds.

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

I plan to get the final 2 Diamonds sometime down the road, either through packs or possibly new events - but the problem there is that earlier events lock you from playing later events.  Just don’t have the energy to play through all of those Proving Grounds events on Legendary.

Token shop will take care of the rest of the Amethyst.  I think I have 7/10 currently.  Maybe over enough time, I will be able to get my last 2 Diamonds that way, if they give out tokens via Locker Codes, etc.

I could also see them adding new Faction Wars prizes at some point (> 500) that could include Diamonds.

Get the 500 wins this will net you those cards and some lucky token briefcase pulls, do the daily challenges that reward tokens, the weekly towers that reward tokens and the lifetime achievements that also reward tokens. While doing those things also complete every chapter in proving grounds on average ofnhard difficultly. Or in other words hit 84 medals in each chapter. This will get you enough tokens, mixed with everything else I mentioned to unlock the diamond market and purchase 2 more diamonds.

Edited by RuggedProGaming
Typo

On 02/05/2022 at 11:54 AM, kmcgrotty said:

Just looking to see how everyone managed to achieve their 10 amethyst cards and 5 diamond cards for the Journey Of A Lifetime trophy. Currently making my way through faction wars and the token rewards only last till 175 wins. I know you get 5 amethyst and 3 diamonds from faction wars so planning to go to 500 wins.

Do you think 2k will eventually put packs out with Amethyst and Diamond cards in them?

When you saw the collection, you'll see every manager has a diamond card. In some moment these card will appear to collect.

I'm not try to rush things. I'll finish the Proving Grounds on normal and will enter the game everyday to do the daily challenge with the 3 tokens rewards. If you saw the nature of weekly towers, every 4 towers the reward is 50 tokens.

Each login has a loialty reward, this week has three 2 tokens rewards.

At the end of the day you still need 200 Proving Ground Medals anyway so there's no escape grinding that mode, otherwise I'd just win Faction Wars every 2 mins to get briefcases.

Edited by Startyde

All I need to 2 diamond cards. But need to unlock 3 more Amethyst to unlock the diamond shop (with the tokens I have need 250 total ) I think I'm gonna keep grinding faction war for brief cases along with the daily challenges and login bonus. It may take longer but Proving Ground has gotten to the point were it is just frustrating to complete a match and takes up to much time. In the time it took me to do 1 of the ladder matches on the 4th tower on normal I was able to do 25 faction wars matches (they really over did it with the number 8-man ladder matches)  

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 8:25 PM, Startyde said:

At the end of the day you still need 200 Proving Ground Medals anyway so there's no escape grinding that mode, otherwise I'd just win Faction Wars every 2 mins to get briefcases.

Pretty much this. I've personally taken a break from the game...I just can't with Proving Grounds, there's not a fiber in my being right now, that wants to deal with that mode. I haven't even finished my first playthrough of MyRise because I just don't want to play a MITB match to progress. At this point, I'm not sure I'm getting the Plat. 

On 5/7/2022 at 2:33 AM, Goat King said:

All I need to 2 diamond cards. But need to unlock 3 more Amethyst to unlock the diamond shop (with the tokens I have need 250 total ) I think I'm gonna keep grinding faction war for brief cases along with the daily challenges and login bonus. It may take longer but Proving Ground has gotten to the point were it is just frustrating to complete a match and takes up to much time. In the time it took me to do 1 of the ladder matches on the 4th tower on normal I was able to do 25 faction wars matches (they really over did it with the number 8-man ladder matches)  

You are ahead of me but this is the path I am on too.

My 4th and 5th Diamond cards will most likely be from token rewards, but it is possible I get via Weekly Towers, Packs, or Locker Codes.  

All three of those if they were to happen would be some time down the road (several months) so it is most likely I build up the tokens before through proving grounds, briefcase rewards, daily challenges, and log-in rewards.

On 5/13/2022 at 6:54 PM, djb5f said:

My 4th and 5th Diamond cards will most likely be from token rewards, but it is possible I get via Weekly Towers, Packs, or Locker Codes.  

All three of those if they were to happen would be some time down the road (several months) so it is most likely I build up the tokens before through proving grounds, briefcase rewards, daily challenges, and log-in rewards.

I actually did manage to finish the first 3 chapters of proving ground on hard (on average). And then while grinding and farming briefcases I found that oddly there seemed to be a pattern I'd get tokens in the top middle and bottom right case more often then not.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 7:54 PM, djb5f said:

Well, it happened much quicker than I expected.  Diamond cards (cosmetics) are available in the DX packs in the store.  So if you have all those coins built up through Faction Wars, you can knock out the Diamond cards now.  Repeats even count.

Now, I just need to get through the 200 Proving Grounds stars for MyFaction.  I only completed the first tower at 86 stars so a long ways to go there.  Almost another tower and a half, that will be a bit of a slog, lol.

I wonder if it is quicker to do twice as many matches on Easy (and lower requirements) for 1-star each or to continue to do the matches on Hard (with fewer requirements) for 2 Stars.  Any thoughts?

18 hours ago, Goat King said:

I actually did manage to finish the first 3 chapters of proving ground on hard (on average). And then while grinding and farming briefcases I found that oddly there seemed to be a pattern I'd get tokens in the top middle and bottom right case more often then not.

Edited by djb5f

Definitely easier to get to 500 matches first and unlock diamond Undertaker and Becky Lynch to tackle hard proving ground matches. I did this and easily win all matches on hard except ladder or TLC matches which I do on normal as they are way too long on legendary. Just do a submission after doing the objectives and it’s an easy win

• Like 1

On 20/05/2022 at 7:55 PM, djb5f said:

I wonder if it is quicker to do twice as many matches on Easy (and lower requirements) for 1-star each or to continue to do the matches on Hard (with fewer requirements) for 2 Stars.  Any thoughts?

Do every singles match, tag team and team eliminations on legendary, any other multi-man match on normal. The first couple chapters are really easy with this method, as you have Undertaker overall 88 (assuming you have the dlc) vs a lot of cruiserweights and low level wrestlers. You probably will also have ruby Asuka as well. She's in another class of her own as well in the first couple chapters. By chapter 3, the level of wrestlers you face are getting closer and closer to closing the gap, so at that point, you might as well go normal difficulty the rest of the way.

Edited by LegitDannyDeVito
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...