deleted account

Sealior

11 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I would actually love to go back and do the DLC but the Way of the Demon stuff is a real turn off.

If you use my build and get through way of the demon first quickly (the minimum levels to get to way of the wise) you can gear up in way of the wise/ way of the nioh and way of the demon is then a cakewalk to get the trophy. That is what i am doing now.

44 minutes ago, xItsLesterx said:

It's harder because of the build system. It's so complex, it's not even funny. To an extend, it's too much. Other than that, Kusarigama is the OP build of the game. That's why it was heavily nerfed in Nioh 2. 

True but nioh 2 is much easier than nioh. Especially with the break r2 demon form and yokai powers you can use. 

27 minutes ago, Belmont85- said:

True but nioh 2 is much easier than nioh. Especially with the break r2 demon form and yokai powers you can use. 

Well, yeah and bosses no longer one-shot kill you like 99.99% of Nioh did ? That was the biggest upside for me. It was more forgiven and balanced. 

I always did dex builds around the twin katanas but played with the kirasigama.  Been wanting to go back to nioh but WoTD and the arena ? Battle thing put me off lol 

Trying to farm a 2nd accessory off nobunaga and his crownies was a pain! Never beat that lol. (for the -1 item needed for set bonus)

Might try this build lol. Once I remember how to play the game. It's on my 'return to' list.

Same w nioh 2.  Using the scythe was such fun.  But i dont recall finishing it xD

10 hours ago, Avayl_ said:

Thank you so much for this detailed breakdown of a build! I’m going to give this a shot, just started the game. 

No problem! I used this build (still using it for the way of the demon missions) and i am breezing through it like its on easy. But i did grind to way of the nioh difficulty and used this build with same items but only on a much higher itemlevel that drops on that difficulty. The stats and set are the same but its all +30. Way of the demon is like first difficulty now. Hope this helps and good luck!

7 hours ago, Belmont85- said:

No problem! I used this build (still using it for the way of the demon missions) and i am breezing through it like its on easy. But i did grind to way of the nioh difficulty and used this build with same items but only on a much higher itemlevel that drops on that difficulty. The stats and set are the same but its all +30. Way of the demon is like first difficulty now. Hope this helps and good luck!

it's helping me for sure..
im only on Way of the Strong halfway thru the 2nd region, but using it on the starting difficulty to clear up DLC and misc. trophy's, and learning the play style. 

do ya got any Move sets ya recommend for when you are using your spirt form  * i just grabed what ever gave me +damage from behind and +to kurasdagami damage

52 minutes ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

it's helping me for sure..
im only on Way of the Strong halfway thru the 2nd region, but using it on the starting difficulty to clear up DLC and misc. trophy's, and learning the play style. 

do ya got any Move sets ya recommend for when you are using your spirt form  * i just grabed what ever gave me +damage from behind and +to kurasdagami damage

No, that is fine +dmg from behind and + kurasdagami dmg. Always try to get behind the enemies for most dmg bonus with this build. I am now on last dlc with this build on way of the demon and everything still gets oneshotted quickly. But as i said, i grinded to way of the nioh difficulty and grinded there my set / weapons so it is +30. If you go back to way of the demon for the trophies it will be such a breeze then.

1 hour ago, Belmont85- said:

No, that is fine +dmg from behind and + kurasdagami dmg. Always try to get behind the enemies for most dmg bonus with this build. I am now on last dlc with this build on way of the demon and everything still gets oneshotted quickly. But as i said, i grinded to way of the nioh difficulty and grinded there my set / weapons so it is +30. If you go back to way of the demon for the trophies it will be such a breeze then.

yea I just went right to the Queens Eye on Way of the strong (lv 220) and took out the boss, almost died, Think the Kelly Clones were harder Lol!
Bout to tackel WoTD....  the Level spike is Insane! hopefully i can get some higher divine gear, blowing thru millions trying to soul merge +3's+5's up to10 to get my main gear to the next level Lol!

26 minutes ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

yea I just went right to the Queens Eye on Way of the strong (lv 220) and took out the boss, almost died, Think the Kelly Clones were harder Lol!
Bout to tackel WoTD....  the Level spike is Insane! hopefully i can get some higher divine gear, blowing thru millions trying to soul merge +3's+5's up to10 to get my main gear to the next level Lol!

You'll hate it but eventually you'll be OP, especially with a kusarigama build. Don't worry about money. It becomes expensive but you'll get plenty of money. Think mine ended up being like +20/+21, just leveling up the same armor and weapons over and over again. Just remember to farm the attack inheritable from gloves on every piece of gear. 

4 minutes ago, xItsLesterx said:

You'll hate it but eventually you'll be OP, especially with a kusarigama build. Don't worry about money. It becomes expensive but you'll get plenty of money. Think mine ended up being like +20/+21, just leveling up the same armor and weapons over and over again. Just remember to farm the attack inheritable from gloves on every piece of gear. 

yeah I have  the Close combat damage on my gloves and have +20% CCD on my Kusarigama, 
Kusarigama: 150+9
attack 1420
Final blow: 17.9%
Equipment weight damage bonus C+
Close combat KI damage 8.7%
Close combat damage +20%
Change attack to magic A+
Close combat attack (enemy scorched) +15.4% (trying to change this to something eles as i've not had anything live long enough to apply elemental effects. (yet) and spirit is wind lol so

I've already gone up 5~ levels just getting to the 1st boss. -  lol I am still enjoying the game, Kinda wish i jumped to WoTD sooner - with this level up rate, thou 40 million souls for 3 lvl's  yikes! thought Dark souls was rough to level, Thankfully i think i have +47% Amerita gain (gear and boon) +25 when using living weapon and  saki lol

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

yeah I have  the Close combat damage on my gloves and have +20% CCD on my Kusarigama, 
attack 1420
Close combat damage +20%
Close combat attack (enemy scorched) +15.4% (trying to change this to something eles as i've not had anything live long enough to apply elemental effects. (yet) and spirit is wind lol so

I've already gone up 5~ levels just getting to the 1st boss. -  lol I am still enjoying the game, Kinda wish i jumped to WoTD sooner - with this level up rate, thou 40 million souls for 3 lvl's  yikes! thought Dark souls was rough to level, Thankfully i think i have +47% Amerita gain (gear and boon) +25 when using living weapon and  saki lol

They're very generous with the Amrita they give you. Then again, as you saw, their leveling from on their NG+ is no joke either lmfao. You should be starting to come across gear that's 170 (+10). You shouldn't stress it. The attack inheritable is always a nice bonus, especially since you can put it on every piece on gear but obviously that's up to you, on play style and so on. Looks like you're doing great though. At least better than I did lmao didn't figure everything out until the very end lol

Edited by xItsLesterx

Just now, xItsLesterx said:

They're very generous with the Amrita they give you. Then again, as you saw, their leveling from on their NG+ is no joke either lmfao. You should be starting to come across gear that's 170 (+10). You shouldn't stress it. The attack inheritable is always a nice bonus, especially since you can put it on every piece on gear but obviously that's up to you, on play style and so on. 

what does the attack inheritance look like? 
is it the Arrow block like "Close combat damage" > can transfer in soul forge ?

6 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

what does the attack inheritance look like? 
is it the Arrow block like "Close combat damage" > can transfer in soul forge ?

Yeah. Has the l>l mark. It's yellow. I farmed mine from remnants but it only shows on gloves. You can transfer it on all of your gear tho.

Personally, I tried to create the most OP build lmao.. That WotD trophy for the first DLC sucked because it wasn't just doing the DLC missions on NG++ but also every single mission on the base game, including the extra missions they added between release day and DLC 1. I was burned out by then lol

11 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

attack 1420
Close combat damage +20%

Dont forget to get attack on gloves too. Very strong attribute to have. 

Very helpful thread, thanks! I’ve had Nioh in the backlog for ages and I don’t know when I’ll get around to it, but I do know that the build system in this game is extremely complex so having some streamlined options like this will be tons of help when I’m looking for resources in the future. Bookmarked.

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

Very helpful thread, thanks! I’ve had Nioh in the backlog for ages and I don’t know when I’ll get around to it, but I do know that the build system in this game is extremely complex so having some streamlined options like this will be tons of help when I’m looking for resources in the future. Bookmarked.

Glad i could be helpful. Good luck with the game when you continue it! I will also be doing Nioh 2 after i am 100% on the first Nioh. Will be making a build aswell there that i will post on here.

Edited by Belmont85-
  • Like 1

As someone who dominated Nioh 2 with 100% on WotN and totaly sucks at Nioh 1 where would you suggest to grind out the weapon? I think I'm around lvl 180 and my build does almost no dmg. I've stopped playing years ago and everything I used got nerfed to the ground. Kinda stuck with this game ?

Thanks, problem is most stuff is 2-4 years old and pretty much all builds suck ?.. Seeing this post gave me a little bit of hope to finally get back into the game. I've already installed/uninstalled it so many times because I wasn't doing any proper damage haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

As someone who dominated Nioh 2 with 100% on WotN and totaly sucks at Nioh 1 where would you suggest to grind out the weapon? I think I'm around lvl 180 and my build does almost no dmg. I've stopped playing years ago and everything I used got nerfed to the ground. Kinda stuck with this game 1f610.png

If you use my build with the kingo set, any kusarigama will do. It is the stats on it that matters for this build. Chance to attack dex a- or a+, close combat dmg + , close combat attack ki reduction and familiarity dmg bonus A. You want on kingo set toughness, defense and life and on gloves also attack. I also got on gloves close combat attack increase alongside with just attack stat too. 

9 hours ago, Belmont85- said:

Dont forget to get attack on gloves too. Very strong attribute to have. 

Ya I'm looking for some inheritance on attack, I'll likely grab it way later. 

I'm managing but feel like having more unlimited omnyo would help as the buffs don't last at all... ( I chose the instant cast ultimate vs duration as insta casting mid battle seems to help vs duration) 

I just unlocked the queen's eye on WoTD.. and I'm thinking of tackling it to unlock WoTN to grab some lv300. Gear

Was 'kinda' managing in the castle seige twilight mission ( iirc recommended lv was 640?)  Sarurobi slaughtered me lol! (I'm about 280 )

So I might be able to clear queen's eye (540) if not. Atleast make a few runs for lvs 

As much as Im enjoying this game lol I want it 100% already. It's all I've been playing for a week xD