deleted account

Sealior

26 minutes ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Ya I'm looking for some inheritance on attack, I'll likely grab it way later. 

I'm managing but feel like having more unlimited omnyo would help as the buffs don't last at all... ( I chose the instant cast ultimate vs duration as insta casting mid battle seems to help vs duration) 

I just unlocked the queen's eye on WoTD.. and I'm thinking of tackling it to unlock WoTN to grab some lv300. Gear

Was 'kinda' managing in the castle seige twilight mission ( iirc recommended lv was 640?)  Sarurobi slaughtered me lol! (I'm about 280 )

So I might be able to clear queen's eye (540) if not. Atleast make a few runs for lvs 

As much as Im enjoying this game lol I want it 100% already. It's all I've been playing for a week xD

Yes instant casting is much more useful than duration. Good idea to go into WoTN and get maximum gear 30+ divine or ethereal kingo set and weapon. Will make way of the demon much easier. Always keep all your spirits with you aswell, only use them on hard parts or on bosses before you enter to use instant living weapon with all buffs, that will destroy everything quickly. 

7 hours ago, Belmont85- said:

Yes instant casting is much more useful than duration. Good idea to go into WoTN and get maximum gear 30+ divine or ethereal kingo set and weapon. Will make way of the demon much easier. Always keep all your spirits with you aswell, only use them on hard parts or on bosses before you enter to use instant living weapon with all buffs, that will destroy everything quickly. 

Ya I've been using my living weapon 24/7 as I have a good amount of duration, and helps farm xp w saki. :)

Cleared the queeens eyes, the mission was absolue cake at lv 282, using this build, just barely managed to kill the bosses HP regen lol.
(gone about 100 lv's since coming back to the game last week lol)
Lets see how hard Way of the wise is... (thought WoTN was next xD )

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite of the melee weapons has become spears lately. I don't use low stance with them- the mid stance's heavy attack is good to poke with once you have the Stability mystic art. High stance I use mainly for the Spearfall skill. Spearfall combos have serious damage that can be instantly lethal to normal enemies. I'll probably keep using spears as main weapon for the rest of the game.

Kusarigama's high heavy attack is good for range/zoning. I've kept one as a 2nd weapon.

Now I have all the BG trophies except for Regular Smith Customer (now 51/60). This one is a little too grindy. I think 40 should've been good enough for it. Having to wait for that one last twilight mission to be switched in was a little annoying.

For those two dual boss battles after the last story mission (if you want the platinum, you have to do them), use some talismans. Even though you should be well leveled at this point, you can still get wiped out in less than half a minute if you're not prepared.

One thing I've done is to raid the Special Finds and buy everything possible, then sell it back to recoup part of the gold. Since I'm on Way of the Strong, I have started going after more revenants especially if they have 4 or more green gear symbols. Selling Divines can get you 8000 or more gold.

Hinomotogo is my favorite of the spears, thanks to its wonderful fire DOT. For the wheelmonks, I'll switch to Otegine (water).

• Like 1