How long do new players suffer in FUT before the team difference stops being a joke?

Hvalpen

Played my first two division rival games with my team that is 63 in rating. Both games have been close, but there is nothing for me to do since both opponents have a team with 85+ rating. What the hell am i supposed to do there? How fast does my own rating get better?

Just swallow your frustration and keep grinding Rivals, after the week ends (or the 40 match limit), you'll get a weekly reward with a lot of coins. Use your coins wisely, try to form an English team with the cheapest gold player you can find, and slowly evolve it to a Premier League one. In no time you'll get better with the game and will have a cheap 83 team or so. You'll still be in considerable disadvantage every time because most players will have ridiculous OP cards due to playing since launch. Unfortunately Rivals on FIFA is not a fun mode anymore for casuals/trophy hunters, you have to constantly be playing and farming. Also, buying a few FIFA points (even 5 dollars or so) and selling the packs content can jump-start you for a bit.

Hi.

Starting FUT at this stage of the game will be very complicated for you

It’s still doable but it’s going to take some time.

First, play in squad battle to earn credits and packs

Second, look into the challenges players to win easily, then try to build a team with all that.

once you have built a team play to rivals to win rewards and you will eventually win. 
Good luck to you

13 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Just swallow your frustration and keep grinding Rivals, after the week ends (or the 40 match limit), you'll get a weekly reward with a lot of coins. Use your coins wisely, try to form an English team with the cheapest gold player you can find, and slowly evolve it to a Premier League one. In no time you'll get better with the game and will have a cheap 83 team or so. You'll still be in considerable disadvantage every time because most players will have ridiculous OP cards due to playing since launch. Unfortunately Rivals on FIFA is not a fun mode anymore for casuals/trophy hunters, you have to constantly be playing and farming. Also, buying a few FIFA points (even 5 dollars or so) and selling the packs content can jump-start you for a bit.

Does it have to be English? I went for the Brazil starter pack and have like 8 Brazil players on the field

9 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

Does it have to be English? I went for the Brazil starter pack and have like 8 Brazil players on the field

Brazil should be fine too, before FIFA 21 where you had stamina and so had to rotate players, I had a Brazilian squad and a Premier league one. I used to prefere the Premier League due to better diversity of top tier players, but a Brazilian squad will work just fine thinking about FUT trophies.

47 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

Played my first two division rival games with my team that is 63 in rating. Both games have been close, but there is nothing for me to do since both opponents have a team with 85+ rating. What the hell am i supposed to do there? How fast does my own rating get better?

For start, complete Marquee Matchups and Advanced Sbcs (you can use Futbin mobile app for solution to make it easy).

Sbcs are Squad Building Challenges where you have to make a squad according to some requirement and you get packs in rewards. You will lose those players when you submit, so make sure to double check what you are submitting.

Sell the cards you get from those packs and then make team. Play a little bit of Squad battles to get some coins. There is weekly reward from Squad battles on Monday.

If you need any help with squad building, then you can message me on PSN, I can help making a team according to your budget.

Get the free plus pack. IF you have amazon prime, there is a free pack as well. Try to get Mauro Junior. Free good LB. IF you want you can join me in Some Squad Battle games.

the suffering itself never stops though. No matter when you start.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hear you’re having a difficult time mate. Hope your squad is better now. This one is a great question and not that complicated to answer. It’s quite simple, the right thing for EA Sports would be to pair two players with VERY similar squad ratings. There’s definitely enough online traffic to do this and even if an opponent is unavailable during match making search they can still find you a gamer with two squad ratings higher or lower than yours! This will never ever happen because the player with the lower rating must lose against the player with significantly higher rated squad to stay motivated to improve his squad by opening packs, buying FIFA points and putting in hours and hours of your time to play. The gamer with the higher rating must do the same because not only does he wanna stay at that level but there will always be a bigger fish and it’s just a vicious cycle. The point is the FUT game mode is definitely pay to win because you are punished for not having a successful collection of rare and special cards. A gamer with the same skill rating and IQ level as you will win if he has the better cards and sadly that’s just how it is. 

I hate EA.

1 minute ago, gatsby132star said:

Sorry to hear you’re having a difficult time mate. Hope your squad is better now. This one is a great question and not that complicated to answer. It’s quite simple, the right thing for EA Sports would be to pair two players with VERY similar squad ratings. There’s definitely enough online traffic to do this and even if an opponent is unavailable during match making search they can still find you a gamer with two squad ratings higher or lower than yours! This will never ever happen because the player with the lower rating must lose against the player with significantly higher rated squad to stay motivated to improve his squad by opening packs, buying FIFA points and putting in hours and hours of your time to play. The gamer with the higher rating must do the same because not only does he wanna stay at that level but there will always be a bigger fish and it’s just a vicious cycle. The point is the FUT game mode is definitely pay to win because you are punished for not having a successful collection of rare and special cards. A gamer with the same skill rating and IQ level as you will win if he has the better cards and sadly that’s just how it is. 

I hate EA.

I don't agree with this at all. 

Actually, i often beat teams WAY better than mine. 

Mine is 186, and i just beat a 192 yesterday. Full of TOTY and stuff. i won 4-0. 

Often i actually find that when i find a team WORSE than mine, i get all the bad luck and shit in the world, and lose. My gameplay feels sluggish. 

In 21, i had an insane squad, but my gameplay felt like shit, and i lost to random gold squads often. 

Matchmaking is just pure crap, because the servers are bad AF. Half my games, i have so much latency, i can't make simple passes.