How to get started in FUT 22 for new (PS+) players

Lucas

Great tips! Another great method of getting high rated players (basically for free) is doing the player pick sbcs whenever they drop! You can use your low rated common and rare gold cards to craft good players sbcs or even icons.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

Great tips! Another great method of getting high rated players (basically for free) is doing the player pick sbcs whenever they drop! You can use your low rated common and rare gold cards to craft good players sbcs or even icons.

Those are definitely solid for upgrading your squad, but I don't think I would recommend new players to immediately throw all their rare golds at those player picks. They can definitely get you some great players (I got TOTS Carrasco from one yesterday!), but there's no guarantee that you won't end up wasting all your rares on trash.

• Like 1

Great tips OP!

Also check the Milestones section too as you can get packs for doing some fairly basic stuff on early on, which you might be able to mix in with your Friendlies/Squad Battles. Looking up some tactics on YouTube might also be useful for new players. There's plenty of guides for all different formations. 

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Those are definitely solid for upgrading your squad, but I don't think I would recommend new players to immediately throw all their rare golds at those player picks. They can definitely get you some great players (I got TOTS Carrasco from one yesterday!), but there's no guarantee that you won't end up wasting all your rares on trash.

I got TOTS Lloris from one yesterday too! I was considering picking him up so saves me some coins ?

Edited by Glorious Fury
  • Like 1

The TOTS Tour objective group got added to Objectives > Milestones today. This is a very easy objective that a new FUT player can immediately start working on. You get a whopping EIGHT player packs for completing all objectives in this objective group. This is about as easy as the FUT objectives get, so make sure to start working on these objectives right away!

Great tips.

I'll also add:

- Never open packs with you hard earned coins, it is almost impossible to get anything.

- Find a boosting partner to help you in Fut Friendlies mode to finish milestones and earn rewards (score one goal and let them quit, repeat).

- Check Futbin website/app, you'll find all UT cards and you can easily identify who is suitable for your team. Also, you can get an idea of the players prices before you buy/sell them and you'll find the cheapest solution for all SBCs.

Finally, this is not limited to FUT, go to Youtube and learn from defending/attacking/skill moves tutorials. You'll see instant improvements.

Good luck.

I haven't played Fifa since Fifa 15, which I played on the Wii U, and i think before that is was Fifa street on the original xbox. Fair to say I'm a bit lacking on knowledge, so i got a few questions, some not entirely about FUT.

1. If going for 100%, is there anything I should know or be more warry off to speed up my trophy progression that is not in the guide? (or doesn't have enough emphasis)

2. Since EA are known to be greedy-ass scumbags, how pay-to-win is FUT? I do not plan on dropping any money in this game and I'll get the PS+ pack, but will i be swimming up against a river or a waterfall?

3. How bugged is this game? 'd imagine it's pretty polished considering they have been re-releasing the same game essentially. Do these bugs get frustrating?

4. How anoying is boosting? Thinking of lag/continental servers or worldwide/ other matchmaking issues. I do have great internet myself though.

5. Is there PS5 to PS4 popping? If so i rather play the PS5 version first.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Edited by Gr4de_04

7 hours ago, Gr4de_04 said:

I haven't played Fifa since Fifa 15, which I played on the Wii U, and i think before that is was Fifa street on the original xbox. Fair to say I'm a bit lacking on knowledge, so i got a few questions, some not entirely about FUT.

1. If going for 100%, is there anything I should know or be more warry off to speed up my trophy progression that is not in the guide? (or doesn't have enough emphasis)

2. Since EA are known to be greedy-ass scumbags, how pay-to-win is FUT? I do not plan on dropping any money in this game and I'll get the PS+ pack, but will i be swimming up against a river or a waterfall?

3. How bugged is this game? 'd imagine it's pretty polished considering they have been re-releasing the same game essentially. Do these bugs get frustrating?

4. How anoying is boosting? Thinking of lag/continental servers or worldwide/ other matchmaking issues. I do have great internet myself though.

Okay I will try to answer your questions:

1) I would hurry up with "Point to prove". This trophy might become unavailable when fifa 23 drops (this should be around september/october 2022 so you still have plenty time). Also the more new player start playing rivals the bigger you chance of actually winning 3 games in a row and racking up the points needed to qualify. 1 Thing to point out, you no longer need 1500 points but 1250 to qualify.

Also playing with someone in co-op who has a player with over 200 games will grant you the 200 matches trophy so if you need me to help you out for a match let me know. 

2) Hard to judge to be honest. It's very "luck to win", you could be spending €1000 this weekend when the EPL (English Premier League) Team of the season drops and not pack a single card. On the other hand you always have people with insane pack luck. For the sake of trophy hunting I wouldn't worry too much since most players who will be in the lower divisions (which is the only online mode you will have to use your own ultimate team) will be new and will be in the same boat. Also there are objectives players dropping every week, right now you can get a 89 rated Left Back and according to leaks you will be able to get a 89-91 rated Right midfielder, going by the name of Saka from arsenal, starting Friday 7 pm CEST. Be wary tho you might struggle getting these cards since a lot of players with good teams will also be chasing these players. 

3) FIFA doesn't have many buggs. Occasionally some will happen but I've played 22 for over 1000 hours (according to PlayStation but it also includes a lot of afking) and haven't had any gamebreaking buggs. There is however a thing called Momentum in the game. What this does is make your team worse and the opponent's team better. Your goalkeeper won't stop a single shot and on the other hand, your opponent's goalkeeper will become a god.  Don't worry tho you can also have momentum in your favor making the game a little bit easier to win. 

4) The EU servers are very very populated but most of the people playing the game are playing either ultimate team or pro clubs in the high divisions. Boosting the VOLTA game mode is very easy since no-one is playing that gamemode, same goes for pro clubs. Boosting division rivals in ultimate team might be a bit harder right now since a lot of players will start playing now that it's free but if you can't do it wait a couple of months and you should be fine. 

In about 1000 matches on EU servers I've had maybe 3/4 games with internet issues especially in NL it's super good.

5) I don't do auto popping so No clue about this, but there is a forum post about it. 

I also made a fun little beginners squad that would do quite nicely and I tried to keep it as cheap as possible: https://www.futbin.com/22/squad/7507653

You might have some players from the ps+ pack, but this game does have a meta and some players just feel better in game despite having a lower rating. A good site in case anyone wants or needs more information about ultimate team is https://www.futbin.com Here you can find all players, their prices and even reviews. 

Edited by IGUnique
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, IGUnique said:

3) FIFA doesn't have many buggs. Occasionally some will happen but I've played 22 for over 1000 hours (according to PlayStation but it also includes a lot of afking) and haven't had any gamebreaking buggs. There is however a thing called Momentum in the game. What this does is make your team worse and the opponent's team better. Your goalkeeper won't stop a single shot and on the other hand, your opponent's goalkeeper will become a god.  Don't worry tho you can also have momentum in your favor making the game a little bit easier to win. 

''Momentum'' or ''scripting'' is nothing but a myth. There are ways to abuse the game sometimes, but there is absolutely no proof that there is such a thing as momentum in the game.

1 hour ago, IGUnique said:

I also made a fun little beginners squad that would do quite nicely and I tried to keep it as cheap as possible: https://www.futbin.com/22/squad/7507653

You might have some players from the ps+ pack, but this game does have a meta and some players just feel better in game despite having a lower rating. A good site in case anyone wants or needs more information about ultimate team is https://www.futbin.com Here you can find all players, their prices and even reviews. 

I wouldn't necessarily recommend people to go out and buy all these players. Sure, some of them are/were indeed meta, but for a newcomer to spend 15-20k on this squad is not recommended when they could be using that money for SBCs.

8 hours ago, Gr4de_04 said:

1. We're never certain which trophies will stay obtainable once the next installment in the series comes out, but I'd say that the Be My Guest trophy is the one you should be looking out for the most. This trophy requires you to play a game mode that is not always always, so you should start going for this one asap.

2. The game is pay-to-win... to a certain extent. Microtransactions do increase your chances of packing better players, but ultimately there's no guarantees. A player that doesn't purchase microtransactions can still end up getting better pack luck than someone that does. In the end, skill is still the most deciding factor to most matches.

3.  There's a few bugs in the game that have been there since launch, but nothing game-breaking that you should be wary of.

4. I agree with IGUnique's answer to this one. VOLTA and Pro Clubs are easy to boost, but boosting is pretty much impossible in the competitive FUT modes (Rivals, Champions). The matchmaking in this game is generally pretty good though, so no need to worry about that!

5. Can't help you with that one. I don't do autopops so I'm not sure how that works in this case.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I wouldn't necessarily recommend people to go out and buy all these players. Sure, some of them are/were indeed meta, but for a newcomer to spend 15-20k on this squad is not recommended when they could be using that money for SBCs.

1. We're never certain which trophies will stay obtainable once the next installment in the series comes out, but I'd say that the Be My Guest trophy is the one you should be looking out for the most. This trophy requires you to play a game mode that is not always always, so you should start going for this one asap.

Yeah you could also do the Hybrid leagues/Hybrid nations/League and nation hybrid but the prices for those have gone up quite a bit with all the new players joining in and there is no guaranteed profit for doing it. I think most people from this forum could better use a solid starter team to get going in rivals so they can get the trophies quicker but that's up to them.

I checked and the co-op gamemode has no end date so it should be there forever just like all the other friendly gamemodes. 

2 minutes ago, IGUnique said:

I checked and the co-op gamemode has no end date so it should be there forever just like all the other friendly gamemodes. 

That game mode has been disabled multiple times since it was introduced into the game, making the trophy unobtainable for a few days (/weeks?) so no guarantees that it will stay up now.

9 minutes ago, NTGSruler said:

Can you get the "Winning Streak" trophy in co-op with a team from a friend? Same question for the "Point to prove" trophy?

So not with my own FUT team, but with a team from a friend? 

I haven't tried going for these trophies in co-op myself so I can't be 100% sure, but I think that should work for both trophies, yes. Winning in co-op while playing with the team of a friend does reward you with all the coins, FUT Champs points, etc. so that will help you progress for the Point To Prove trophy. As for the winning streak, the flame icon related to a winning streak will also appear in co-op but, again, I'm not sure if this will also count towards the trophy. The Winning Mentality trophy is known to be a bit buggy and I got it before I started playing co-op so I can't say for certain.

@Lucas: thank you for the response. I was asking this question because it is possible to earn the "Club Icon" trophy if you play in co-op. 

I'm not sure either, because this would mean that you can skip FUT team completely. 

So if anyone could confirm this, would be awesome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NTGSruler said:

@Lucas: thank you for the response. I was asking this question because it is possible to earn the "Club Icon" trophy if you play in co-op. 

I'm not sure either, because this would mean that you can skip FUT team completely. 

So if anyone could confirm this, would be awesome.

Just a warning regarding co-op, you'll play against players the level of the stronger player. Say if your partner is in the 'Elite' division, even if you are in a lower division, you'll only match up with people in 'Elite'. I'm not 100% if it unlocks through co-op however, but being a win-streak I wouldn't see how it works differently to playing solo. 

1 hour ago, Glorious Fury said:

Just a warning regarding co-op, you'll play against players the level of the stronger player. Say if your partner is in the 'Elite' division, even if you are in a lower division, you'll only match up with people in 'Elite'. I'm not 100% if it unlocks through co-op however, but being a win-streak I wouldn't see how it works differently to playing solo. 

I know what you are trying to say.

To be clear: can we earn the trophies in co-op if i join my friends team and NOT my team? So my friend has the platinum already, so if we play together with his team, is it possible that i can earn the trophies? 

@IGUnique @Lucas. Thanks for the advice. that certainly is good to know. I love how both replies are fellow Dutchies. We're such a soccer country, haha.
As for IGUnique. I'll add you in advance for the 200 matches exploit should I need it. It sounds like a pretty big grind but I'm not sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NTGSruler said:

To be clear: can we earn the trophies in co-op if i join my friends team and NOT my team? So my friend has the platinum already, so if we play together with his team, is it possible that i can earn the trophies? 

As I said I'm unsure if it unlocks as I got the win streak solo. It's probably safer to do it solo, unless anybody here can confirm they got the streak whilst playing co-op. Sorry I cannot confirm this for you.

Edited by Glorious Fury

45 minutes ago, Glorious Fury said:

As I said I'm unsure if it unlocks as I got the win streak solo. It's probably safer to do it solo, unless anybody here can confirm they got the streak whilst playing co-op. Sorry I cannot confirm this for you.

No worries, thank you for replying. I'll try it soon when my friend is available and we will see if it works or not. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gr4de_04 said:

@IGUnique @Lucas. Thanks for the advice. that certainly is good to know. I love how both replies are fellow Dutchies. We're such a soccer country, haha.
As for IGUnique. I'll add you in advance for the 200 matches exploit should I need it. It sounds like a pretty big grind but I'm not sure.

If you play online friendlies it can go pretty fast since a lot of games are played like golden goal so your average match will take about 2 minutes but otherwise it will take you at least 50 hours. 

13 hours ago, NTGSruler said:

No, you can't earn "Design and Conquer", "Best Seats in the House" and "True Grit".

I am unsure about "Winning Mentality" and "Point to Prove".

You can achieve "Friends for Life", "Club Icon", 

6 hours ago, flynwhitesausage said:

Where do you find golden goal games?

It's no official rule, but a lot of games in the friendly game mode are played like this. Especially the ones where you can grind for objectives cards. Since most cards have a requirement like "score a goal in 10 separate matches" this would take you at least 2.5 hours of playing friendly games. So 60/70% of the community plays until 1 guy scores and then the other guy quits the games. This means matches can be over in 15 seconds instead of playing along for 15 minutes. 
of course not everyone does this, but it's faster to try this in friendlies then to grind 200 games of rivals/squad battles. 

A new objective just got added to the game that's absolutely worth going for as a new player! Go to Objectives > Objectives and you'll find the TOTS Moments De Gea objective. It takes a bit of grinding but you have until Friday 13 May 5PM UTC+0:00 to complete this one. If you do this one, you'll pretty much be all set on the goalkeeper position for the rest of the year.

• Like 1

On 5-5-2022 at 9:47 AM, IGUnique said:

If you play online friendlies it can go pretty fast since a lot of games are played like golden goal so your average match will take about 2 minutes but otherwise it will take you at least 50 hours. 

No, you can't earn "Design and Conquer", "Best Seats in the House" and "True Grit".

I am unsure about "Winning Mentality" and "Point to Prove".

You can achieve "Friends for Life", "Club Icon", 

Okay thanks for sharing this! But you can still try to do the tricks like scoring with a bycicle kick and a heel pas in co-op i think.

14 hours ago, Lucas said:

A new objective just got added to the game that's absolutely worth going for as a new player! Go to Objectives > Objectives and you'll find the TOTS Moments De Gea objective. It takes a bit of grinding but you have until Friday 13 May 5PM UTC+0:00 to complete this one. If you do this one, you'll pretty much be all set on the goalkeeper position for the rest of the year.

Nice. Thanks for letting us know! I'll check it out today!

Also this is a broad question: but are there any tips for earning fast coins on the transfermarket? Never understood how people make thousands of coins by buying certain unknown players in, and then selling them for a much higher price.

On 07/05/2022 at 2:39 PM, NTGSruler said:

Okay thanks for sharing this! But you can still try to do the tricks like scoring with a bycicle kick and a heel pas in co-op i think.

Nice. Thanks for letting us know! I'll check it out today!

Also this is a broad question: but are there any tips for earning fast coins on the transfermarket? Never understood how people make thousands of coins by buying certain unknown players in, and then selling them for a much higher price.

Transfer market profit is usually a waiting game.

Try to get Gold rare from Top 5 leagues (EPL, Ligue 1, La Liga, Bundesliga, Seria A) for lowest bin. Hold them until there is a player pick sbc with requirement of 11 rare players.

Similar for 84-88 rated fodders. Buy them for low price and wait until any Icon sbc or any guaranteed Tots sbc drops. 

Getting cheap discard value tots is a risky investment. EA may or may not put requirement of TOTS player in sbcs. It usually comes, but sometimes they fix the lowest price and it can be a loss.

Also, there is Tots Swap Tokens which you can redeem for packs.

5 tokens available right now -

1) 1 in Saka Obj

2) 1 in De Gea Obj

3) 1 in sbc (expires in 1.5 hrs)

4) 1 in EPL Cup

5) 1 free token

20 more tokens will be added later.

TOTS Tokens Reward
22 Icon Moments Luis Figo
19 Premier League TOTS Player Pick (1 of 3 Player Options)
15 85+ x10 Players Pack (untradeable)
17 Icon Moments Michael Ballack
15 84+ x25 Players Pack
14 Combined Premier League TOTS and Bundesliga TOTS Player Pick (1 of 3 Player Options)
10 Premier League TOTS Pack (one Premier League TOTS player)
7 Bundesliga TOTS Pack (one Bundesliga TOTS player)
5 Ultimate Pack
5 Community TOTS Pack (one Community TOTS player)
3 Eredivisie TOTS Pack (one Eredivisie TOTS player)
3 EFL TOTS Pack (one EFL TOTS)
3 Saudi Pro League TOTS Pack (one Saudi Pro League TOTS)
2 Rare Players Pack
  • Like 1