How to get started in FUT 22 for new (PS+) players

Lucas

17 hours ago, Nathan69Drake said:

Transfer market profit is usually a waiting game.

Try to get Gold rare from Top 5 leagues (EPL, Ligue 1, La Liga, Bundesliga, Seria A) for lowest bin. Hold them until there is a player pick sbc with requirement of 11 rare players.

Similar for 84-88 rated fodders. Buy them for low price and wait until any Icon sbc or any guaranteed Tots sbc drops. 

Getting cheap discard value tots is a risky investment. EA may or may not put requirement of TOTS player in sbcs. It usually comes, but sometimes they fix the lowest price and it can be a loss.

Also, there is Tots Swap Tokens which you can redeem for packs.

5 tokens available right now -

1) 1 in Saka Obj

2) 1 in De Gea Obj

3) 1 in sbc (expires in 1.5 hrs)

4) 1 in EPL Cup

5) 1 free token

20 more tokens will be added later.

TOTS Tokens Reward
22 Icon Moments Luis Figo
19 Premier League TOTS Player Pick (1 of 3 Player Options)
15 85+ x10 Players Pack (untradeable)
17 Icon Moments Michael Ballack
15 84+ x25 Players Pack
14 Combined Premier League TOTS and Bundesliga TOTS Player Pick (1 of 3 Player Options)
10 Premier League TOTS Pack (one Premier League TOTS player)
7 Bundesliga TOTS Pack (one Bundesliga TOTS player)
5 Ultimate Pack
5 Community TOTS Pack (one Community TOTS player)
3 Eredivisie TOTS Pack (one Eredivisie TOTS player)
3 EFL TOTS Pack (one EFL TOTS)
3 Saudi Pro League TOTS Pack (one Saudi Pro League TOTS)
2 Rare Players Pack

Thanks man for the answer! Honestly, how do you get all these players and how do you complete all these challenges? 

All i can understand is to do a SBC, and even then. When i try for the Nations SBC, i always have either a player short, or not the right position, not good enough chemistry.

You have to watch futbin... Yeah, i installed the app on my phone. So now what? Buy cheap players? When to sell them again with profit? And for how much? An explanation would be welcome. For example: let's take Carrasco. Well know player. When i go to Futbin, market, you see that he cost 2.4k. When do i sell them then and for what price? And does anybody buy these cards? All i see are special cards, Icon cards, ToTW cards.... I played a decent amount of squad battles with my friend on WorldClass. I played rivals (got the winning streak trophy), i got the rewards on sunday (was gold 1 i think). I think i have 25000 coins now.... Division 9 now, so hopefully i get more points now too. So i can maybe play in FUT Champions. 

I actually like the game, but the fun just gets sucked out of it so fast if you don't know how to earn good players.

On 9-5-2022 at 11:01 AM, NTGSruler said:

Thanks man for the answer! Honestly, how do you get all these players and how do you complete all these challenges? 

All i can understand is to do a SBC, and even then. When i try for the Nations SBC, i always have either a player short, or not the right position, not good enough chemistry.

You have to watch futbin... Yeah, i installed the app on my phone. So now what? Buy cheap players? When to sell them again with profit? And for how much? An explanation would be welcome. For example: let's take Carrasco. Well know player. When i go to Futbin, market, you see that he cost 2.4k. When do i sell them then and for what price? And does anybody buy these cards? All i see are special cards, Icon cards, ToTW cards.... I played a decent amount of squad battles with my friend on WorldClass. I played rivals (got the winning streak trophy), i got the rewards on sunday (was gold 1 i think). I think i have 25000 coins now.... Division 9 now, so hopefully i get more points now too. So i can maybe play in FUT Champions. 

I actually like the game, but the fun just gets sucked out of it so fast if you don't know how to earn good players.

So getting players is divided into 3 categories:

1) Players you can only get from packs/Rewards (the entire Team of the Season premier league is an example of this but also Carrasco you mentioned above)

2) SBC players --> these are found in the SBC tab from the FUT Menu/app. Every single SBC has a requirement and some player cards require multiple squads. To complete an SBC you can either buy the cards or maybe you already have some in your club. Some SBC's are very expensive tho like the Icon players or the team of the season Harry Kane. I'm afraid it will be very difficult for you to complete any of these. 

3) Objective players --> These are found in the objective tab from the FUT Menu/APP. Objectives are also divided into 2 categories: Milestones and Objectives (it's kinda weird named). The key difference is that some milestones have no end date (like the Master in Rivals) and objectives always have a end date. 

Right now you can get a 93 rated David the Gea from doing certain objectives in a certain game mode.

You can also get 91 rated Bukayo Saka and 90 rated Willock. To complete an objective set, you have to complete all the individual tasks. These are always explained under the objective itself. This can be found in FIFA 22, in the web app but also on Futbin. https://www.futbin.com/objectives

If you look at the first card at the top of the list you can see it's Chris Willock. In order to get Chris you have to:

• Score 5 Volleys using EFL Championship players in any FUT game mode
  • Score using EFL Championship players in 12 separate matches in any FUT game mode
  • Win 10 matches in any FUT game mode with min. 7 EFL Championship players in your starting squad
  • Play 15 matches in any FUT game mode
  • Assist 11 goals using English players in any FUT game mode

In case you don't know, the EFL championship is a certain league in football. You can search for players like this in your club or on the transfermarket. 

You can also track your progress in the game or on the app.

Regarding the transfer market it's a different story. There are certain points where you just know players will increase in value and others where you don't. As example last night a SBC's challenge was released with the name "Premier League 83+ x5 Upgrade". In order to complete this SBC you need an 84-rated squad. This resulted in 84 rated players slightly increasing in value on the market. There are also people who "gamble" on who is gonna be in the next team of the week or team of the season. For example, Robert Lewandowski the Polish striker from Bayern Munich is rumored to be in the Bundesliga Team of the Season. This will result in his normal 91 rated card not being in packs for 7 days and therefore a raise in price can be expected. 
It's however a risk and since people have been fixing these prices for weeks I would advise to stay away from trading. You could watch some tutorials on Youtube to try and understand whats going on, but it's rather complex for a beginner. 

@IGUnique: Thanks for explaining stuff! 

The Milestones and objectives i know what to do. You really have to put time in it, and then you will unlock some good players. 

For instance i am trying to unlock De Gea, but with only 2 days left and not being able to play today and most of tomorrow, i guess i wil fall just short in unlocking him. I only have scored 1/5 goals out of the box on WC difficulty. 

As for the transfer market: i'm aware it's very difficult for a beginner. That's the reason why i stopped playing FIFA when they introduced FUT team in the game. 

10 hours ago, NTGSruler said:

@IGUnique: Thanks for explaining stuff! 

The Milestones and objectives i know what to do. You really have to put time in it, and then you will unlock some good players. 

For instance i am trying to unlock De Gea, but with only 2 days left and not being able to play today and most of tomorrow, i guess i wil fall just short in unlocking him. I only have scored 1/5 goals out of the box on WC difficulty. 

As for the transfer market: i'm aware it's very difficult for a beginner. That's the reason why i stopped playing FIFA when they introduced FUT team in the game. 

For the outside of the box you can do it on professional.

Even tho I see myself as quite the FIFA veteran, I don't really do much with trading on the market. The only thing I do is hold certain cards and wait for the right times to sell 84 rated, rare golds, certain non-rares etc. 

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody has a valuable strategy/method for doing this incredibly annoying bicycle kick? Formation? How to do it via tricks? Even bought Ibrahimovic, but to be honest, he doesn't do shit. It just want this done. 

Edited by NTGSruler

23 minutes ago, NTGSruler said:

Does anybody has a valuable strategy/method for doing this incredibly annoying bicycle kick? Formation? How to do it via tricks? Even bought Ibrahimovic, but to be honest, he doesn't do shit. It just want this done. 

L1 + square to pass the ball high, so you'll get a bicycle kick and not some volley/scorpion kick, etc.

Pass from a small distance and only to an attacker that has a lot of room around him, otherwise, a defender will steal the ball, even if your attacker has max shooting and physical and you are going against bronze defenders

Have patience :)

I used TOTY Lewandowski for this trophy, not sure how much it matters. I tried a few times to do it in squad battles, but the AI wasn't leaving me much space and intercepted most passes. Then in my next Rivals game, I scored 3 (!!) bicycle kicks in one game before my opponent rage quitted because he was chasing the ball and pulling his defenders out of position, leaving huge gaps in his defense (I'm in Division 5 so my opponents still suck hard).

1 hour ago, Im_Not_Banksy said:

I only have 723 Qualification points in rivals to get in to the Play Offs (need 1250)  but the season ends in 2 days. Will the points carry over to next season or reset??

Yeah, I'm fairly sure that they carry over. I've qualified for Champs just before the end of a season and the following season still had my qualification to the finals, so I'd expect no difference with points you've earned. 

Edited by Glorious Fury