LAN multiplayer Questions

Mokujin

Last trophy I have is Level 50 online.

i was told I can boot up RDR offline, start the ‘online’ on LAN, and play hideouts etc and get double what you would as usual, but I have questions.

1) do I have to do it all in one session? Say I get to level 30, and have to stop. What happens if I close it down and relaunch another time (still offline), I’ll be level 30 or 0?

2) how do I actually do it? I’ve seen multiple conflicting reports on how to do it and what exactly to do, and searching for how to do red dead online unsurprisingly gives RDR2 tips

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

You can do it in multiple sessions but it only works if you have the disc version of the game without patch or updates. 

This^

The exploit only works with the unpatched original vanilla retail release of the game, all others come pre-patched with the exploit fixed. To make it work, just play offline and unpatched in LAN mode, then farm the specified hideout over and over until you hit Lv50: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/93792-warning-do-not-do-the-lan-trick-for-xp/?do=findComment&comment=1691449

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed the link.

2 hours ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

You can do it in multiple sessions but it only works if you have the disc version of the game without patch or updates. 

I’ve got the base disc. So should I uninstall it, disconnect from the internet, then put the disc in and go from there? 

5 hours ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

Basically yes, uninstall all updates, make sure your game is at version 1.00 and play offline with Lan settings. 

I’ve uninstalled everything, etc, booted it up but when I try to play LAN it says about my internet connection being disabled. How do I play offline if that’s the case?

also, how do I check the version my game is? the only way I’ve found says “version -“ with no code

Edited by Keidah
extra question