Trophy Thoughts

Markemmanuel

Looks like a really fun, unique game.

Trophy list looks really fun, with 2 potentially tough trophies.

Serioso: Defeat 100,000 Discordians
> I wonder how long this will take. It seems like a long time for that many but I'm not familiar enough with the gameplay from what I've seen.

Multiplatinum: Complete all missions with a Platinum ranking on Lethal Intensity.
> The game looks easy on regular difficulties but with potential to be stupid crazy on lethal+platinum ranking.

This is the first time I am hearing about this game and after checking out the trailer I am getting it as soon as possible, look fun as hell and I adore rhythm/music based games. 

Trophies look pretty doable with exception of Lethal difficulty and if it's something like Crypt of Necrodancer and you die on missed beat, it's gonna be a tough cookie to crack. Might play this game just for fun tho.

• Like 2

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=504666159570

I think this game has a potential of 8 or even 9 plat difficulty. Considering you have to beat a level with 100% ACTIONS on beat and without breaking a chain, not to mention maybe you have to fullfil the requirement for Silver ranking which is finish the level before the song loops (maybe half a song?).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

What are the requirements for pure platinum? 

Also is this game any good? 

Clear song with no chain breaks or missing a note. Which is a lot harder than it sounds.

Also pretty good, but I'm sad the online co op has no matchmaking. Really annoying to have a 4 player co op game with no match making. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 4:32 PM, aZombieDictator said:

Also pretty good, but I'm sad the online co op has no matchmaking. Really annoying to have a 4 player co op game with no match making. 

Cross-gen doesn't seem to be working right now either. I had to download the PS4 version to co-op with my partner. We couldn't get local co-op to function either. 

Not like you're gonna want to co-op for Multiplatinum anyway. It seems to aggregate stats for a level as opposed to awarding individual medals. So if your partner misses a note, there goes your perfect song.

Game itself is great fun, but not sure this is a plat I'm gonna grab ?

Have only cleared the first world, but this is looking like a pre-emptive 8-9/10 difficulty. 

Platinum rankings require 100% on-beat actions and a single, uninterrupted chain from start to finish. Chains reset whenever you take any damage, meaning a Plat rank requires flawless input execution whilst taking zero damage throughout. 

Maybe my ears need more tuning, but I also don’t feel entirely comfortable discerning the beat in some of the songs, despite enabling the metronome sound and averaging about 96% ‘On Beat’. 

The slight changes in the tempo of some songs are sly as well, and I’m not sure whether I should make use of the latency calibrator. 

Doesn’t help that the rumble features on my (PS4) controller are practically dead either, I wonder if this game makes full use of the Dualsense on PS5? 

The good news is that you seemingly need to beat the mission before the song loops for a Plat, given I was not awarded a Gold despite having 0 breaks on a mission that the song had looped on. 

What this would mean is that you’re still expected to blitz through the missions in 2-3 minutes on Lethal once appropriately levelled. This suggests that you’ll still be killing enemies just as quickly and that the main - if not sole - negative of Lethal is the increased damage you take, which isn’t a factor given you need to complete each mission without being hit once anyway. 

That it’s a looter-shooter also makes it possible that there’s some kind of OP weapon/combo that bypasses a lot of the intended difficulty. 

It’s also easy to keep the chain going out of combat thanks to the generous timer. 

On 15/05/2022 at 10:01 PM, Kcrack_Km said:

is band together the only online trophy? 

I believe so 

• Like 2

I put the game away for now. It is a fun game but i dont like the difficulty designes . i dont care about hard rythm games or hard shooter , but there is something that makes me feel frustrated on higher difficulties. Im lvl 28 , i have okish gear and i tried some dangerouse diffuculty lvls . recommented lvl 30. 

I can beat these missions but my dmg is to low , i dont find better gear right now. So it takes either to long to clear a song, or i get overwhelmed and get hit. Doesnt help to die on 2 or 3 hits. 

And after beating 70% of the time , i still get worse gear.  So the it us not "to hard" but its frustrating to play on harder difficulties but not seeing good rewards. 

I also have problems with some of the faster songs , 190 bpm songs. Even with metronome i miss many notes , i tried calibrating but some how with calibration it gets worse. I turned vrr off because im not sure if variable frame rate can mess up rythm. 

I want to like this game because its a neat idea. Nice art designe and interessting rythm shooter twist. But i also dont feel like grinding gear so i can beat tanky enemies faster so i can flawless a song. 

I dont know , maybe i come back to it . i finished story and it was worth the price , but going for trophies... I dont feel it right now.

Really fun game and will definitely be a challenge to platinum (on the PS4), it definitely sits on at least 9/10 in terms of platinum difficulty on that console.

BUT... There are some gripes I have with the game so far, have had several songs on Lethal difficulty where enemies doesn't spawn at all for anywhere between 15-35 seconds (most noticeable song this happens on is "2k9 battle jam", a song with a length of 02:48) enemies not spawning for THAT long makes plenty of the songs impossible to get a platinum rating on because you can't go any faster than what you already are, you're just stuck waiting for the enemies to spawn. xD

There's also the insane lagspikes that happens in some of the more "enemy heavy" song stages which makes it seem like the game shouldn't have been released on consoles like the PS4 because there's just too much going on on screen that makes the game have random lag spikes on Lethal difficulty. 

Heck, I've gotten through 100+ of the songs on Lethal and replayed many of them to try get a better rating (but that only made me more frustrated), so decided to move on and beat all songs on Lethal before I try to get platinum rating on them. Some of the songs with higher BPM is going to be a challenge/chore because of my base PS4 not looking like it would be able to handle the speed and intensity without giving random lag spikes at least once or twice depending on the song. xD

All in all, very enjoyable game if you're not going to try to get 100% trophy list on it, but if you can find a broken as heck weapon as I managed to get lucky about getting on one of the "boss stages" at the end of every area (A Legendary Burstfire weapon with 200+ damage x 3), it will make most Lethal difficulty songs a piece of cake, where only the rhythm is what would be missing to get all songs 100%. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/5/2022 at 8:14 PM, Nemis132 said:

Really fun game and will definitely be a challenge to platinum (on the PS4), it definitely sits on at least 9/10 in terms of platinum difficulty on that console.

BUT... There are some gripes I have with the game so far, have had several songs on Lethal difficulty where enemies doesn't spawn at all for anywhere between 15-35 seconds (most noticeable song this happens on is "2k9 battle jam", a song with a length of 02:48) enemies not spawning for THAT long makes plenty of the songs impossible to get a platinum rating on because you can't go any faster than what you already are, you're just stuck waiting for the enemies to spawn. xD

There's also the insane lagspikes that happens in some of the more "enemy heavy" song stages which makes it seem like the game shouldn't have been released on consoles like the PS4 because there's just too much going on on screen that makes the game have random lag spikes on Lethal difficulty. 

Heck, I've gotten through 100+ of the songs on Lethal and replayed many of them to try get a better rating (but that only made me more frustrated), so decided to move on and beat all songs on Lethal before I try to get platinum rating on them. Some of the songs with higher BPM is going to be a challenge/chore because of my base PS4 not looking like it would be able to handle the speed and intensity without giving random lag spikes at least once or twice depending on the song. xD

All in all, very enjoyable game if you're not going to try to get 100% trophy list on it, but if you can find a broken as heck weapon as I managed to get lucky about getting on one of the "boss stages" at the end of every area (A Legendary Burstfire weapon with 200+ damage x 3), it will make most Lethal difficulty songs a piece of cake, where only the rhythm is what would be missing to get all songs 100%. 

I just start Lethal about 10 stages. U mean u found that broken weapon in the 1-10,2-10,3-10...stages?

On 29.5.2022 at 7:00 AM, LuBulegend92 said:

I just start Lethal about 10 stages. U mean u found that broken weapon in the 1-10,2-10,3-10...stages?

I farmed the 1-10 or 2-10 stage from level 40 to 50 to unlock Lethal difficulty faster because I could get about 8-12K exp per run depending on medal I got (silver, gold, or platinum medal) and I think I got about 10 Legendary gear (weapon, armor, etc.) before I unlocked Lethal difficulty. I have yet to get another broken weapon like the one I got that have carried me through all Lethal stages, closest I got was a Bolero element weapon that had 160+ damage (regular single shot weapon, not burstfire type weapon like mentioned in my previous post). 

But out of all stages I've done so far in the game, the final stage on every area have consistently been generous with Legendary gear, but a lot of crappy ones. xD

4 hours ago, Nemis132 said:

I farmed the 1-10 or 2-10 stage from level 40 to 50 to unlock Lethal difficulty faster because I could get about 8-12K exp per run depending on medal I got (silver, gold, or platinum medal) and I think I got about 10 Legendary gear (weapon, armor, etc.) before I unlocked Lethal difficulty. I have yet to get another broken weapon like the one I got that have carried me through all Lethal stages, closest I got was a Bolero element weapon that had 160+ damage (regular single shot weapon, not burstfire type weapon like mentioned in my previous post). 

But out of all stages I've done so far in the game, the final stage on every area have consistently been generous with Legendary gear, but a lot of crappy ones. xD

All of the legend burst fire I got are like 40-50 dmg x3 (if it has 3 lanes). You said u got the 200 dmg x 3? That means u can really 1 shot any enemy. 

Can u take a pic for me if u dont mind? Thanks :D

20 hours ago, LuBulegend92 said:

All of the legend burst fire I got are like 40-50 dmg x3 (if it has 3 lanes). You said u got the 200 dmg x 3? That means u can really 1 shot any enemy. 

Can u take a pic for me if u dont mind? Thanks :D

Sadly, I am unable to get a picture taken because of my crappy phone and no way to get something from my PS4 to PC. 

And I can only 1 shot most of the smaller enemies, the medium to large sized enemies takes more than one hit, but it does make things a lot more easier because it's a Requiem element weapon.

3 hours ago, Nemis132 said:

Sadly, I am unable to get a picture taken because of my crappy phone and no way to get something from my PS4 to PC. 

And I can only 1 shot most of the smaller enemies, the medium to large sized enemies takes more than one hit, but it does make things a lot more easier because it's a Requiem element weapon.

Yeah it's fine but really, you got a 200 dmg x 3? That means 600 dmg per shot, all legend weapons I got from burst fire to scatter shot to repeater, sixteener...thre dmg is around 140 to 170 dmg per shot. Your 600 dmg is a super huge advantage. Are u sure it's 200 dmg x 3 or it's around 60 dmg x 3?

8 hours ago, LuBulegend92 said:

Yeah it's fine but really, you got a 200 dmg x 3? That means 600 dmg per shot, all legend weapons I got from burst fire to scatter shot to repeater, sixteener...thre dmg is around 140 to 170 dmg per shot. Your 600 dmg is a super huge advantage. Are u sure it's 200 dmg x 3 or it's around 60 dmg x 3?

Yeah, when I went back on the game yesterday after a short break from it to check again (as I said in my original post about 200+ damage since I didn't remember exact number), it's a 255 x 3 Burstfire type weapon. It's insane yeah, it's nice at cleaning up the smaller enemies and if the larger enemies are Nocturne element (because the weapon is Requiem element), they'll die faster than the other larger enemies that isn't Nocturne.

Only thing I struggle with in this game is getting the timing for dodging right, so this high damaging weapon have been a boon in terms of beating stages without having to use the dodge button (unless I need to use it to get past lasers or across the jumping arrows). 

4 hours ago, Nemis132 said:

Yeah, when I went back on the game yesterday after a short break from it to check again (as I said in my original post about 200+ damage since I didn't remember exact number), it's a 255 x 3 Burstfire type weapon. It's insane yeah, it's nice at cleaning up the smaller enemies and if the larger enemies are Nocturne element (because the weapon is Requiem element), they'll die faster than the other larger enemies that isn't Nocturne.

Only thing I struggle with in this game is getting the timing for dodging right, so this high damaging weapon have been a boon in terms of beating stages without having to use the dodge button (unless I need to use it to get past lasers or across the jumping arrows). 

OMG, it's like 785 dmg per shot, 4 times more powerful than mine. I dont know if it's a glitch or not but how can a legend weapon be that powerful, a lot more than other legend weapons. Do u remember u got this weapon while farming or after the level ended? If level ended, do u remember which rating u got? Gold or platinum? The only logical way I can think why your weapon is so powerful is the rating. There's no way (in every game that needs farming) a weapon can be 4 times powerful than other legend weapons in the same stage, same farming method. 

27 minutes ago, LuBulegend92 said:

OMG, it's like 785 dmg per shot, 4 times more powerful than mine. I dont know if it's a glitch or not but how can a legend weapon be that powerful, a lot more than other legend weapons. Do u remember u got this weapon while farming or after the level ended? If level ended, do u remember which rating u got? Gold or platinum? The only logical way I can think why your weapon is so powerful is the rating. There's no way (in every game that needs farming) a weapon can be 4 times powerful than other legend weapons in the same stage, same farming method. 

That's the thing with completely randomized weapons, I have not gotten 1 duplicate legendary so far, all legendary weapons I've gotten have been unique in some way (one being 20-30 damage x 15, while others having had low damage but insane range, etc.). I can't recall if it was a random drop or from the stage chest, but it was from either the 1st or 2nd area final stage, but I got it before I hit level 50 because it says level 49 on it because I got it while playing on Extreme difficulty, although Legendary gear have a higher drop rate on Lethal, only Legendary weapon I have gotten close to the damage that this one has is somewhere around 170 x 2, but why I will never use it is because it has "pierces 2 enemies" ability, which makes it less effective overall. 

12 hours ago, Nemis132 said:

That's the thing with completely randomized weapons, I have not gotten 1 duplicate legendary so far, all legendary weapons I've gotten have been unique in some way (one being 20-30 damage x 15, while others having had low damage but insane range, etc.). I can't recall if it was a random drop or from the stage chest, but it was from either the 1st or 2nd area final stage, but I got it before I hit level 50 because it says level 49 on it because I got it while playing on Extreme difficulty, although Legendary gear have a higher drop rate on Lethal, only Legendary weapon I have gotten close to the damage that this one has is somewhere around 170 x 2, but why I will never use it is because it has "pierces 2 enemies" ability, which makes it less effective overall. 

Oh yeah, nevermind. I just got lucky and got the explosive repeater which has 345x3 dmg. So the plat difficulty just goes from Impossible to 10/10 :)) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LuBulegend92 said:

Oh yeah, nevermind. I just got lucky and got the explosive repeater which has 345x3 dmg. So the plat difficulty just goes from Impossible to 10/10 :)) 

Nice~ And yeah, the plat difficulty is quite high because of the games with really fast BPM and those songs that suddenly change their rhythm mid song. Good luck with the plat, it's gonna be a challenge but it's at least doable with a strong weapon like the one you got too. :P

17 hours ago, Nemis132 said:

Nice~ And yeah, the plat difficulty is quite high because of the games with really fast BPM and those songs that suddenly change their rhythm mid song. Good luck with the plat, it's gonna be a challenge but it's at least doable with a strong weapon like the one you got too. :P

I dont think I will get this plat, at least for now. It's really, really difficult to get 100% on beat actions, if it requires like 95% then I think it will be more manageable. Maybe I will try 15-30 mins a day to see how far I can get then I will play something else. Getting this plat will drive me crazy, much more than Crash 4. Crash 4 is my hardest plat but at least I can see hope. This one, not so much =))